Associated Press says Slash may join, but not till after Hammerstein

slashplay

I Know i shouldnt ask this but could Slash play all the new songs with a few weeks notice? I know its slash.

He doesn't have to learn the new songs; he could just be guesting on the classics.

ANd yea, Maddy did hint at this a couple days ago. Here is her quote:

No, Slash will not be part of GNR for the NYC shows.

But, it may be a different situation for shows later in the year...

We'll just have to wait and see.....

Madison's quote

Here is somtething else she said about it too:

Talks take time.

The Hammerstein shows are unrelated. They have to take place before a promoter will come onboard to handle a national tour - or so I'm told. *shrugs*

Here

Although the original post in this thread linked to Blabbermouth, the original article was from the Associated Press. Do they get their information from Mygnr Mods now? :rofl-lol: 5 days after her comment quoted by luvaxl4ever they report pretty much the same thing at the end of their article.

AP Article

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF

When did Axl mention that?

Oh, he didn't.

:lol::lol::lol:

People hear what they want to hear I'm afraid.

This is insane, why would Slash re join GNR when Axl got all the "new" guys?? I realy think Slash don`t want to reunite whit that band unless all of the orginal members comes back....

OK, time to clear up all the bullshit:

As far as all these rumors go, Slash WILL NOT be re-joining GNR. The new guitarist is... well... it's me. I've been rehearsing with GNR for the last 4 months. Slash is not coming back.

Yeah, ok, maybe that's not entirely accurate. The bottom line: SLASH IS NOT COMING BACK. Get over it. :fuckyou:

man, I hate blabbermouth,

they keep making up these stupid rumors with no evidence to back them up whatsoever.

Stop getting peoples hopes up Jackasses :fuckyou:

and another thing......... oh wait......

.......crap... in the midst of my rage I seem to have forgotten what I was gonna say..

Damn you Blabbermouth ,I blame you for that as well. :anger:

they keep making up these stupid rumors with no evidence to back them up whatsoever.

.......crap... in the midst of my rage I seem to have forgotten what I was gonna say..

Is Slash still with the band?

Fact 1: AP does NOT write pieces completely based on rumours alone. They have obviously been in contact with someone in a certain position. I don't think Madison is that "someone".

Fact 2: If there are 3 guitarists on stage this friday, then those three will continue together. If Slash is coming back AFTER the Hammersmith gig, then Axl will make do with Robin and Richard for those four shows.

Fact 3: If Slash re-joins GNR will be as big as ever again and our waiting will be well spent time.

It's not Blabbermouth or CNN - it's an Associated Press article.

It's not Blabbermouth or CNN - it's an Associated Press article.

Well whoever it is, You cant juct go saying thatr kinda stuff,

making fictitious statements like "Former GNR guitar maestro Slash MAY end up back in the band as well, but probably not before the Hammerstein shows"

There will be hats a plenty eaten if that ever hapens by certain members of this forum. :monkey:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Rock recluse Axl Rose made a surprise radio appearance to proclaim that Guns N' Roses' 10-years-in-the-making "Chinese Democracy" album will finally hit store shelves this fall.

The comments Saturday on Eddie Trunk's syndicated radio show marked the first interview the painfully private Rose has given since his failed 2002 comeback tour, which was abruptly scrapped midway amid riots and canceled shows.

Rose's impromptu appearance came when former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach, who was co-hosting the show, called Rose's cell phone and patched the call through the studio.

Quizzed on when the near-mythical album would come out, Rose said, "Sometime this fall or late fall." His band could be heard rehearsing in the background. "It will be out this year."

Trunk invited Rose to drop by the studio, and about an hour later he did.

Asked about the aborted 2002 comeback tour, which ended when Rose failed to appear for a gig in Philadelphia, Rose told Trunk he felt pressured into doing it before he was ready. But he insisted he has no regrets, since the short-lived tour helped the new band members to gel. (The 2002 lineup included keyboard player Dizzy Reed from the original GN'R, former Nine Inch Nails guitarist Robin Finck, bassist Tommy Stinson from the Replacements, guitar shredder Buckethead, drummer Brian "Brain" Mantia formerly of Primus, guitarist Richard Fortus from the former Psychedelic Furs and Love Spit Love, and keyboard player Chris Pittman.)

"Can you tell people why the tour ended at that point?" asked Trunk.

"Umm, no, not exactly," said Rose, declining to discuss it.

Plans are currently in the works for Rose to relaunch his comeback by playing four shows at New York's Hammerstein Ballroom over the next 10 days, then head to Europe to play several music festivals. The first Hammerstein show is May 12.

Rose said the band at the Hammerstein shows will be similar to the one that played the 2002 tour, except for a new lead guitarist, whom he declined to identify except to say it's not an old GN'R member. Buckethead left the band in 2004.

However, later in the broadcast, Rose seemed to contradict himself when he said he's been hobnobbing with former GN'R guitarist and songwriter Izzy Stradlin, and strongly hinted that Stradlin may show up for the Hammerstein shows.

Former GN'R guitar maestro Slash may end up back in the band as well, but probably not before the Hammerstein shows.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Music/05/0...s.ap/index.html

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! I though the interview with Axl on Eddie Trunk would finally put an end to these reunion threads. There ain't gonna be no reunion. None. Nada. Why would there be? The whole Chinese Democracy thing is about to come to fruition and VR are working on their next album. Slash and Duff are also still sueing Axl. Maybe in a few years it could happen. But not now. I'm happy to be proved wrong and eat all the humble pie I can stuff down my fat face, but the chances of that are slim.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! I though the interview with Axl on Eddie Trunk would finally put an end to these reunion threads. There ain't gonna be no reunion. None. Nada. Why would there be? The whole Chinese Democracy thing is about to come to fruition and VR are working on their next album. Slash and Duff are also still sueing Axl. Maybe in a few years it could happen. But not now. I'm happy to be proved wrong and eat all the humble pie I can stuff down my fat face, but the chances of that are slim.

thank you good sir

my thoughts exactly, Except msy we eat hats as that seems more appropriate :krider:

AP doesn't know a damn thing... One person started the slash rumor and the story started to snowball...

They all bring this 'news' and they use each other as the source.

"Slash will be back"(Source: Blabbermouth rumor) --->>>>

"Slash will be back"(Source: MTV) --->>>>

"Lars Ullrich: I heard slash will be back with GNR"(he read it on MTV.com)---->>>>

"AP reads all the rumors and starts to conclude that slash will be back"---->>>>

Complete bullshit and it goes on and on and on and on... Fuck it, stop whining about what has been, start talking about what is going to be.

STEERT

Is Slash still with the band?

Welcome to the fraternity young man. :xmasssanta:

no , im afraid Slash aint with the band at present, kinda stormeed out a few years ago there,

somethin bout Axl asking him to cut his hair to achieve the new "90s" look ,

but what the who hey, who knows, maybe (according to Blabbermouth), he MAY be playing at a certain concert in 2 weeks time... watch this space :drevil:

no he ain't
Did you read the CNC link? It stated that Slash is coimg back.He wont be at the NY shows however.But the other shows he'll be back.

Axls_Disillusion is going to fire you for jumping ship. He won't like this at all. :no:

:rofl-lol: