Associated Press says Slash may join, but not till after Hammerstein

slashplay

As cool as it would be havin Slash back, I dunno whether it would make sense. It would widen the appeal of the new band anyway. Think theres more chance in Izzy comin back because him and Axl are hangin out again.

If he returns, great news, but everyone needs to stop wanting him to return and just look forward to seein the new band rock the shit out of Europe. All this cant be doin them any good.

Changin subject slightly.... being an Englishman, my concept of the "fall" period is a little hazy. Can someone put a month on it??? :)

Grimo.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As cool as it would be havin Slash back, I dunno whether it would make sense. It would widen the appeal of the new band anyway.

Take a look at your avatar, and you'll see that having Slash back makes sense.

The non-sense consists in calling a band "Guns N'Roses" without Slash, Izzy and Duff. Probably one of the greatest absurdities in rock history !

Plus, if Slash came back, it wouldn't be considered as a new band anymore... ;)

As cool as it would be havin Slash back, I dunno whether it would make sense. It would widen the appeal of the new band anyway.

The non-sense consists in calling a band "Guns N'Roses" without Slash, Izzy and Duff. Probably one of the greatest absurdities in rock history !

IF Slash came back, I think I'd still see it is a new band. If Slash and one of Duff and Izzy came back, then it would just be the old GNR to me.

If any of the old lot come back, superb, but I wont be gutted if they dont. I'm just glad GNR are back, and its seems that CD is finally on its way!

Can anyone update me on the "fall" thing??? Im thinkin its August time????

Grimo.

IF Slash came back, I think I'd still see it is a new band. If Slash and one of Duff and Izzy came back, then it would just be the old GNR to me.

If any of the old lot come back, superb, but I wont be gutted if they dont. I'm just glad GNR are back, and its seems that CD is finally on its way!

Grimo.

no August is in summer over in the US

september/october/november

is fall (Autumn) in the US

People actually think Slash would leave Duff, Matt, and Dave after all that's happened? Fuckin ridiculous...no old members will be with AXL period. Guess it shows how many people actually give a fuck about VR

Grimo.

:rolleyes:

I know, im an idiot. But im not American and never use American terminology ;) Roll on Sept / Oct / Nov!

Thanks Axl-rocks!

Grimo.

Edited by Grimo85

People actually think Slash would leave Duff, Matt, and Dave after all that's happened? Fuckin ridiculous...no old members will be with AXL period. Guess it shows how many people actually give a fuck about VR

Why would he have to leave VR to do a couple guest appearances with GNR?

The same article is posted on CNN, Yahoo News, and others becase it is an Associated Press article.

I am surprised that they had stuff that Axl did not even say, given it is the AP. You wonder what else do they make up?

The article does not quote Axl on the Slash part. So, I think it's safe to assume they have another source that offered that comment or they wouldn't have written it.

If you recall, Axl didn't address the Slash rumor directly on Eddie's show. All he said was that the original GNR lineup would not be reuniting to play shows in Europe. But that wasn't the rumor. The rumor was that talks were underway for Slash to rejoin GNR, and it wouldn't likely happen before the end of the European shows. Axl did not address this.

It just seems like a poorly researched, poorly written article if you ask me.

Whoever the journalists is can't really be too bothered about GnR or they wouldn't be spreading unsubstantiated rumours like this.

i actually enjoyed reading this article until the slash bullshit popped up... it's a shame that ignorance like this will probably haunt the new band for quite some time, when they are a very very talented band of their own and deserve the recognition they hopefully will get.

AXL said in that interview, it is no one from the old line up, what more do they want. It aint gunna happen, not now anyway.

I would be willing to put money on this being the 1st rant topic on friday lol

man, I hate blabbermouth,

they keep making up these stupid rumors with no evidence to back them up whatsoever.

Stop getting peoples hopes up Jackasses :fuckyou:

and another thing......... oh wait......

.......crap... in the midst of my rage I seem to have forgotten what I was gonna say..

Damn you Blabbermouth ,I blame you for that as well. :anger:

Is Slash still with the band?

quote of the day~~ rock3

.....I would be willing to put money on this being the 1st rant topic on friday lol

Well, in fairness - Axl is the one who opened the door to the whole Slash rumor when he decided - unilaterally (without his lawyer's blessing) - to stick a paragraph into a press release about Slash -- a paragraph that had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the lawsuit he was commenting on. Remember this press statement?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=64568

.. And remember the paragraph he inserted after Business Wire sent it out?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=&sho...dpost&p=1154794

It was after that paragraph was added that everybody started asking questions and checking around. So, really, he's the one who kinda planted the seed that got everybody talking about it.

I don't see how throwing Slash under the bus saying that he back-stabbed everybody in VR suggests a reunion. :unsure:

lol.

Not a reunion dude - just a rumor that talks were going on with Slash.

Axl went out of his way (with the magical paragraph) to let everybody know that Slash had shown up at his doorstep and that the two had talked. Prior to that, he claimed in the RS interview that he hadn't spoken to Slash in years. So naturally, this little development raised a lot of questions. And as people started asking others in the music industry about it, rumors started to develop. Time will tell if there's any truth to them.

cnn? wow there must b sumthin behind it for them to talk about gnr

There was an article in my local newspaper all about GNR and Axl. If anybody lives in Michigan, it was in the Lansing State Journal. I guess people really do give a shit about these guys.

i actually enjoyed reading this article until the slash bullshit popped up... it's a shame that ignorance like this will probably haunt the new band for quite some time, when they are a very very talented band of their own and deserve the recognition they hopefully will get.

In all fairness, when you take and replace every member of a band that was wildly popular and had the potential to be one of the greatest rock bands of all time, it is naive to think that this will not be an issue for as long as this band calls themselves GNR. Slash is a guitar God, and people will continue to long for his return. After all, it was music made by Axl, Slash & company that made GNR the phenomenon they were. Axl knowlingly invited this problem when he decided to carry on with the band name, so to turn around and tell people to get over it and move on is a little unrealistic.

It is like wanting your cake and eating it too. It's like Axl wants the fame and commercial opportunities the name brings, but none of the history, baggage or expectations that go with it. It is just not realistic.

.....I would be willing to put money on this being the 1st rant topic on friday lol

Well, in fairness - Axl is the one who opened the door to the whole Slash rumor when he decided - unilaterally (without his lawyer's blessing) - to stick a paragraph into a press release about Slash -- a paragraph that had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the lawsuit he was commenting on. Remember this press statement?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=64568

.. And remember the paragraph he inserted after Business Wire sent it out?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=&sho...dpost&p=1154794

It was after that paragraph was added that everybody started asking questions and checking around. So, really, he's the one who kinda planted the seed that got everybody talking about it.

But....he belttled slash in those! He made slash look like a jerk! It woud be ltimate batteredwife syndrome for slash to go back. That said, I hope the rumours are true.

Im sure slash could learn bucketheads material and probably add his own touch to them making them not sound so duel.

yeah, but why?

I don't see how throwing Slash under the bus saying that he back-stabbed everybody in VR suggests a reunion. :unsure:

lol.

Axl went out of his way (with the magical paragraph) to let everybody know that Slash had shown up at his doorstep and that the two had talked. Prior to that, he claimed in the RS interview that he hadn't spoken to Slash in years. So naturally, this little development raised a lot of questions. And as people started asking others in the music industry about it, rumors started to develop. Time will tell if there's any truth to them.

Props madison, great post ;)

dunno if this means anything, i e-mailed merck bout the slash situation he just said wait and see :lol: , my whole take on this thing is kinda fuzzy, what would you think of Slash if he ditched Duff and Matt to re-join Axl? I know it would be great for GNR, but my guess would be VR wouldnt have the chemistry needed to make good music, jmo it wouldnt help VR i dunno what the situation is with Axl and Slash, if they would be pissed at each other the whole time would it really be good in the long run? lol anyway I would love it if he was back-2006CHINESEDEMOCRACY->FALL->NORTH AMERICA

JamieViolent.

lol.

Props madison, great post ;)

dunno if this means anything, i e-mailed merck bout the slash situation he just said wait and see :lol: , my whole take on this thing is kinda fuzzy, what would you think of Slash if he ditched Duff and Matt to re-join Axl? I know it would be great for GNR, but my guess would be VR wouldnt have the chemistry needed to make good music, jmo it wouldnt help VR i dunno what the situation is with Axl and Slash, if they would be pissed at each other the whole time would it really be good in the long run? lol anyway I would love it if he was back-2006CHINESEDEMOCRACY->FALL->NORTH AMERICA

JamieViolent.

interesting madison,.... and james........it would suck for duff because VR would die in the ass without slash!, he was the main draw card for the band!, just have to wait and see i guess.

i don't believe any of this nonsense.

I hope Axl does some more ranting on Slash again this time around so you all can see how ridiculous you sound.

I'd love to hear capt ax praise slash like in the rs interview back in jan

Considering his comments about Buckethead when he left the band (not sure if he's said anything good or bad since), and about Slash just a couple of months ago, I'd say it's much more likely he'd rant about Bucket.

BTW, why do people here act like comments and feelings from years and years ago automatically hold true today? Axl ripped Izzy during the 2002 shows too. Now he's having dinner with him and suggesting he may show up at the Hammerstein shows. People get over things.