officail IRS released tomrrow

zrose27

It's called marketing people.

Axl appears on Eddie Trunk and creates another frenzy. If you're a smart business person and you own a radio station, you would cash in on this moment. Get people to listen to your radio station by spreading a "rumour" that you have newest GnR "song". Well, everyone gets all excited thinking that its the latest "single" and listen all day to their radio station. The advertising fees quadruples and the radio station is laughing to the bank. Now o f course, they ain't lying because there are like four new GnR songs, except they aren't the official releases.

If the album is coming out in the fall, why would a single be officially released today?

If anything, it might just be a "soundtrack single". In which case, a song like IRS might suffice.

Have to agree with knightrider here. IF any of this is true, and I do say IF, it is probably a song on the DaVinci code soundtrack (of course, providing that rumor is true). I can't figure out why the song IRS for that movie, but then again I couldn't really see any new GNR songs on that soundtrack. I'll say this - it does give me more hope that Axl was fuckin' with all of us on the radio and that the album is actually coming out soon. We'll see!

Axl appears on Eddie Trunk and creates another frenzy. If you're a smart business person and you own a radio station, you would cash in on this moment. Get people to listen to your radio station by spreading a "rumour" that you have newest GnR "song". Well, everyone gets all excited thinking that its the latest "single" and listen all day to their radio station. The advertising fees quadruples and the radio station is laughing to the bank. Now o f course, they ain't lying because there are like four new GnR songs, except they aren't the official releases.

If the album is coming out in the fall, why would a single be officially released today?

If anything, it might just be a "soundtrack single". In which case, a song like IRS might suffice.

Have to agree with knightrider here. IF any of this is true, and I do say IF, it is probably a song on the DaVinci code soundtrack (of course, providing that rumor is true). I can't figure out why the song IRS for that movie, but then again I couldn't really see any new GNR songs on that soundtrack. I'll say this - it does give me more hope that Axl was fuckin' with all of us on the radio and that the album is actually coming out soon. We'll see!

The Da Vinchi code soundtrack has already been revealed and there are no GN'R songs on it. It might even be available for purchase already, though I'm not sure.

The song on a movie soundtrack is a possibility though. If GN'R did hand out the song to some stations it's obvious they wanted it to be played. I just don't feel that I.R.S. warrants being the first single on one of the most anticipated rock albums of all-time, certainly not when it's not even the best song we've heard so far. I think the Guns camp themselves (Merck if I'm not mistaken) said it isn't even in the top ten. Therefore, the only other option would be a soundtrack single - that makes a lot of sense.

Wonder why it hasn't been played yet though, if it was provided to stations like two months ago. Is there a fairly big movie that was delayed for several months from the start of this year? Maybe that's it. :unsure:

Edited by KBear

we've heard 4 major leaks (citr, twat, better, irs) and 3 major live performances (cd, blues, maddy) and i'd have to say irs is the weakest of the 7 (though still a good song) - even ignoring the fact that there's probably better songs we havent heard yet, i'd have to say it would be a poor decisiion to have irs as a single at all, let alone the leading one

The Da Vinchi code soundtrack has already been revealed and there are no GN'R songs on it. It might even be available for purchase already, though I'm not sure.

The song on a movie soundtrack is a possibility though. If GN'R did hand out the song to some stations it's obvious they wanted it to be played. I just don't feel that I.R.S. warrants being the first single on one of the most anticipated rock albums of all-time, certainly not when it's not even the best song we've heard so far. I think the Guns camp themselves (Merck if I'm not mistaken) said it isn't even in the top ten. Therefore, the only other option would be a soundtrack single - that makes a lot of sense.

Wonder why it hasn't been played yet though, if it was provided to stations like two months ago. Is there a fairly big movie that was delayed for several months from the start of this year? Maybe that's it. :unsure:

Pretty sure that only the score for the movie has been released and available for purchase. Some movies (like Forrest Gump) have a score soundtrack and then another soundtrack featuring songs (by artists) from the movie. Which is not to say that this is the case with the Da Vinci Code, but maybe.

i dont know if its allready been posted here, but radio stations have allready gotten it, and they werent suppose to say anything but one radio station slipped!1! tomorrow ppl!!!

rock3rock3 rock1

Please provide a reliable source.

*Locked*