Is Izzy Back?

Nick85

I did listen to the entire Axl radio show, so I am not sure this is considered news or not but.....

Around 10:35 pm tonight, I was listening to DJ Matt Court on Philadelphia rock station 93.3 WMMR. He played Paradise City and Live and Let Die. After the two songs were over he mentioned the HammerStein shows. He then mentioned how he is friend's with Tommy Stinson. He clearly said GNR has 4 guitarists. According to Court, Tommy told him GNR will have 4 guitarists: Richard Fortus, Robin, IZZY STRADLIN, and a fourth suprise guitarist. So according to him, Izzy is NOT the surprise, but he IS performing. That immediately gives Axl's use of the name Guns N' Roses more validity. This DJ did have Tommy in the studio a few weeks ago, and did seem to know what he was talking about. He also had is picture taken with Axl when Axl came to Philly for the NBA Championship here, a few years back. Luckily, I will know firsthand Friday night, as I make the voyage to the Hammerstein!

Personally, this seems far fetched and would shock the hell out of me if prooved true. We'll see friday.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no Izzy is not back in the band. Axl said he might show up though but anything can happen when it comes with izzy.

if he did show up it will probably just to be to hang out and watch the show, etc. It will be cool if he joined Axl for a couple of songs, that would be awesome.!!

Izzy was the core of GNR, so it would be sad and disappointing to see him performing only one or two songs as a guest.

Izzy should play all the songs in NY and tour with Axl in Europe. If not, I prefer not to see him on stage : it's all or nothing.

I did listen to the entire Axl radio show, so I am not sure this is considered news or not but.....

Around 10:35 pm tonight, I was listening to DJ Matt Court on Philadelphia rock station 93.3 WMMR. He played Paradise City and Live and Let Die. After the two songs were over he mentioned the HammerStein shows. He then mentioned how he is friend's with Tommy Stinson. He clearly said GNR has 4 guitarists. According to Court, Tommy told him GNR will have 4 guitarists: Richard Fortus, Robin, IZZY STRADLIN, and a fourth suprise guitarist. So according to him, Izzy is NOT the surprise, but he IS performing. That immediately gives Axl's use of the name Guns N' Roses more validity. This DJ did have Tommy in the studio a few weeks ago, and did seem to know what he was talking about. He also had is picture taken with Axl when Axl came to Philly for the NBA Championship here, a few years back. Luckily, I will know firsthand Friday night, as I make the voyage to the Hammerstein!

Personally, this seems far fetched and would shock the hell out of me if prooved true. We'll see friday.

So, Tommy isn't in the band anymore? Wouldn't he be the fourth guitarist? Or is there five guitarists?

:confused:

It is the worst scenario easily : the soul of GNR as a guest!!! :blink:

Was. Nowadays he writes songs about his tooth being pulled. Move on biatch.

Fuck off revisionist!!!

It's better to write songs about tooth being pulled than about fuckin' silkworms and beduins in the desert.

It's kind of funny how years ago Old GnR members were not allowed to attend the new gnr shows(like Slash back in Vegas) and Izzy is going to be at a couple of these new shows.

izzy and Axl have never really had issues between them, Axl and Slash however have.

It's kind of funny how years ago Old GnR members were not allowed to attend the new gnr shows(like Slash back in Vegas) and Izzy is going to be at a couple of these new shows.

izzy and Axl have never really had issues between them, Axl and Slash however have.

LOL, I suggest you go and listen to some of Axl's rants and interviews about Izzy after he left the band. And read some of the interviews Izzy has done about Axl.

Luckily, they have grown and matured. No reason why Slash and Axl can't do the same.

LOL, I suggest you go and listen to some of Axl's rants and interviews about Izzy after he left the band. And read some of the interviews Izzy has done about Axl.

Luckily, they have grown and matured. No reason why Slash and Axl can't do the same.

well I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon, considering Slash is still bringing lawsuits against Axl.

Izzy and Axl may have had some bad words about each other , but that was it.

Fuck off revisionist!!!

It's better to write songs about tooth being pulled than about fuckin' silkworms and beduins in the desert.

Karri got OWNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

seriousley though, I agree with Alan (what's you real name BTW?)

Guns N Roses wouldn't have started if it wasn't for Izzy. I personally think that he humiliates himself by

performing with s SHITTY band like this current GNR, but if he still wants to, he deserves some respect!!!

well I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon, considering Slash is still bringing lawsuits against Axl.

Um, no. Axl asked one of the FOUNDING MEMBERS of GNR, and a fried of his for 15 years to take a paycut. Then Izzy walked out of the band in the middle of a tour. ANd there have been other things said too. Matt & Axl were also able to settle their differences. Either way, these are all men in their 40s. I'm sure they can all get past all this bullshit. It seems to me its moreso the fans who are hoping there is a riff, which is really pathetic. Why would you WANT one of the greatest duos ever in music to stay fueding with each other?

Axl was just tellin it how it is. Even the other night on the radio, when he started talking about the illusion albums, he described it as, "Slash trying to take over the band, and Izzy bein in his own little drug world". I dont think thats talkin shit, thats just how he saw the situation. The only thing I remember Axl talking about on the 2002 tour in regards to Izzzy was the Izzy's Amps mini rant he went on. Which again, was just tellin the reality of the situation.

Izzy wisely in 2001 :

"Well, it's obviously not Guns N' Roses, I think all the fans know that. It's not even right that he uses the name, because he's the only guy left. I think ultimately it's gonna work against him, because people are gonna say fuck you, wanker - that's what they'll call him here, right? 'You fucking wanker, that's not Guns N' Roses!' Hopefully, the music's good, cos if the music isn't good then he's gonna get the double-whammy..." http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/article...p?articleid=123

Nevertheless, Izzy and Axl were very close friends so it is probably easier to patch things up.

A different story with Slash who wasn't that close to Axl.

Edited by Alan Niveen

Axl was just tellin it how it is. Even the other night on the radio, when he started talking about the illusion albums, he described it as, "Slash trying to take over the band, and Izzy bein in his own little drug world". I dont think thats talkin shit, thats just how he saw the situation. The only thing I remember Axl talking about on the 2002 tour in regards to Izzzy was the Izzy's Amps mini rant he went on. Which again, was just tellin the reality of the situation.

very true

you realize the toothpuller song was just something that twat madagascar88 madeup and aded to his his dizzy interview to make it more interesting ;)

hm. haha are you sure the "Tommy" you are speaking of is not actually "Tommy the Nightmare" and the radio station 'The Dust?'