Is Izzy Back?

Nick85

...sorry to dash the Slash hopes (and odds),but Slash and Duff WILL NOT be in N.Y.C. on May 12th

they are playing this show...

According to MTV, VR will perform at the MusiCares MAP Fund Benefit this Friday, May 12, in Hollywood. MAP is honoring Metallica frontman James Hetfield and concert promoter and manager Bill Silva. Alice in Chains' Jerry Cantrell and Sean Kinney, Tom Waits, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club and Jason Mraz are also performing, and Jim Breuer and Margaret Cho are presenting. For more information and Ticket info, see the Grammy.com link below:

this info has been posted on various sites...including Metallica's site

(I tried to make a thread about it but the uber mods killed it)

:(

...not that I thought they'd actually be there or anything... :rolleyes:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I hope that Izzy's back for the whole tour or atleast for this show :)

Me too, but I'm afraid it will get to the point where people will start booing once Izzy leaves the stage and when the band moves on. If Izzy's gonna perform, he's not going to be there for the whole set. Trust me.

Why would anyone boo Izzy leaving the stage? I thought the new GnR was strong enough to stand on it's own?

Are you saying that even the people going to see the new guys would rather be seeing the Original GnR? That's quite an admission coming from a NuGnR supporter...

So if Axl came on during a VR gig and went off people would be happy to see them perform with Scott afterwards? Use yer fucking loaf dickhead.

LP

Exactly...

Except VR isn't going around pretending to be Guns n Roses.

Yes, they are something much much worse.

I don't think it sounds good (like someone suggested) that Izzy shows up on the stage and play 1 or 2 songs... The crowd will go crazy and find it super that he's on stage, then when he leaves the stage some people will boooo at Finck and the others "returning" :(

Izzy should not be a guest player who plays a couple of songs...

Go FINCK! Go FORTUS! Go UNKNOWN!

..trust me..if there is ONE single fuckhead...bringin' the others loyal members down...(...regardin' your commented scenario)...everyone could imagine the reaction of w. axl rose...

..in this case.....all of us...can be pretty sure..that the other gigs will be cancelled...and GNR will never ever perfom in the states...again...(at least..for a long time)...

..take care...and be careful....

i hope Izzy gets up there and jams on a song or 2. IF he even shows up!! Also, just because he shows up to watch a show, doesn't mean that he'll play with the band. Axl never said Izzy might jam with the band, he just said that Izzy might show up for a show, everyone just decided that it was some kind of hint.

OFF TOPIC: I wish Eddie would've asked Axl about the setlist. I know Axl wouldn't give too much info away, but Trunk could've atleast asked if the setlist has changed, if we'll hear more illusion era songs, and if any new material that we haven't yet heard will be played. Simple yes and no questions.

Am I the only one that doesnt want to see Izzy play? I want to see the new band.

Well, you and A_D.

I'd be very happy if Izzy was on stage for a few songs. That would make my whole trip.

seriously dude.. if you dont know what you're talking about, just don't say anything. :fuckyou:

Before all the reunion threads started up, I thought Axl could sing Yesterdays, since its meaning had more impact now.

Izzy and Axl - together again on the same stage - it will be a moment that will transcend time. This I guarantee.

Am I the only one that doesnt want to see Izzy play? I want to see the new band.

I'm torn.

Absolutely love Izz, and it'd be kinda nice to see him and Axl sing something like Patience together again.

But, yeah, Izzy has had nothing to do with Chinese Democracy, and this upcoming tour is (hopefully) to promote the new band and (hopefully) the new album.

I'm torn.

Absolutely love Izz, and it'd be kinda nice to see him and Axl sing something like Patience together again.

But, yeah, Izzy has had nothing to do with Chinese Democracy, and this upcoming tour is (hopefully) to promote the new band and (hopefully) the new album.

axl's kinda in a tuff spot, if the olds guys wanted back in that is, i mean thats what everyone wants, but.....the new guys made this album, so you can't kick them out.

I'm torn.

How do we know that? It's not like Axl has said much these past 10 years.

axl's kinda in a tuff spot, if the olds guys wanted back in that is, i mean thats what everyone wants, but.....the new guys made this album, so you can't kick them out.

Axl seemed more disinterested in a reunion than ever on his last interview. And its not what everyone wants. I know a lot of people who would rather see what this band does than have some nostalgic reunion for the money.

Have you read this thread? http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...p?topic=29440.0

QUOTE #1

A guy related to aiken promotions owner here ireland says thats details have been received as regards stage set-up, stage hands, gear, times of arrival etc

Strange as it may seem he say its appears that "Dizzy's guitar tech" is listed as a member of the group working the stage.

So has Dizzy have replaced buckethead...not playing his parts but by taking on the rhythem guitar in songs that require it live and then back to piano on others. This frees up space for richard fortus to take on many of the buckethead parts (with his own slant live).

So when the band walk out on stage next Friday it will be same but no buckethead.

QUOTE #2

Here some set-up stuff thats was emailed to me

Stage Left

2 x Fender Bassman heads

2 x Mesa Boogie 4x12 cabinets

Guitar Tech: SWinstead

2 x Diezel4 Heads

2 x Marshall 4x12 cabinets

Guitar Tech: JPhillips

Stage Right

2 x VH100R M Laney heads

2 x Mesa Boogie 4x12 cabinets

Guitar Tech: RLong

2 x Matchless Bass Heads

2 x Matchless 4x12 cabinets

Guitar Tech: JPhillips

Quote #3

The one with the Diezel and Marshall heads sounds like Richard Fortus. Interestingly, there is no other mention of mention of Marshall, which Robin Finck uses for both amps and cabinets.

Here is what intrigues me most. According to the HTGTH former members section Izzy Stradlin' uses both Fender Bassman amp and Mesa/Boogie cabinet. Steve Winstead was the guitar tech for Rick Richards and possibly Izzy in the Ju Ju Hounds. He also has backing vocals credits on some of their albums. Now look at the info for the first guitarist on stage left above.

Like I said I'm not totally sure Steve Winstead is Izzy's guitar tech but he's definately worked with the Ju Ju Hounds. That along with the fact Izzy's amp and cabinet match the details above and that the original poster said Dizzy's guitar tech [which sounds like it could mean Izzy's guitar tech, could be a mistake or a cover up so the secret doesn't get out] will be present, and he was always on the left side of the stage and then Izzy's recent party with Axl and this is definately getting interesting.

Oh and not only does John 5 use that specific laney amp but robert long is his guitar tech as well:

http://ca.geocities.com/seikokumano2000/gear/laney.htm

If all this is info is real we could be looking at Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, John 5 and Izzy Stradlin'.