GN'R comeback/CD release & the press

I am pulling the quote Kaneda provided in another thread and creating a separate one because my response really had nothing to do with the subject- however, I think it's important...

Billboard.com on Chinese Democracy:

Axl Rose promises the "new" Guns N' Roses album will be out by the end of the year. And since nobody except that weird kid from 8th grade science cares about this band, all [the] hype becomes pretty pointless. [billboard]

Here is the biggest problem with this quote- and also, please recognize that billboard.com are certainly NOT the only ones to have done this.... (i appologize that I can't cite any other sources at this time but we all know full well that there have been others)-

since nobody except that weird kid from 8th grade science cares about this band

Right- *forget Rolling Stone Magazine, perhaps the most popular and widely circulated music mag there is...

*Forget MTV, the reigning king of all things music related...

*Forget a news anchor like CNN- who are they anyway?

*Forget VH1

*Forget all the newer bands that cite GN'R as main influences

*Ignore ANY and ALL media outlets that have provided positive, fact-filled stories on Guns N' Roses in the past few months...

and most of all, of course, forget the millions of fans who have made Greatest Hits (a fucking 2004 release, not 1994) go plantinum a few times over...

Forget and ignore -ALL- of that... because hey, billboard.com and any other journalists like them surely were given the right to twist, lie or falsify information...

So the question is really, are these people just downright retarded?

No, they are not... but as we can see, they are ignorant and irresponsible... They are deliberately choosing not to pay attention to truth and rather report opinion for the sake of being sadistic.

Would you agree that it is painfully obvious they are ignoring basic truths and only trying to give GN'R a hard time?

I REALLY think as fans it is important to take notice of a publication like billboard.com- as well as all the others that lie or slander for the sake of slandering- and see something like this as an EXTREMELY obvious example of bad, ignorant, irresponsible journalism.

Truth be told about "there is no dana only zool:" loves Jesus, has a general fondness for all things breathing------- but I would really love to beat these people up

Edited by there is no dana only zool

Axl Rose promises the "new" Guns N' Roses album will be out by the end of the year. And since nobody except that weird kid from 8th grade science cares about this band, all they hype becomes pretty pointless. [billboard]

Axl Rose promises the "new" Guns N' Roses album will be out by the end of the year. And since nobody except that weird kid from 8th grade science cares about this band, all they hype becomes pretty pointless. [billboard]

You watch Billboard kiss Axl's ass when CD hits :rolleyes:

rock3rock3

Yeah !!! rock3

that was pretty funny haha :kiss:

painfully obvious

I think it is 'painfully obvious', these fools only know how to write about hip hop, rap and Britany. Heaven forbid they listen to something like rock and roll

So Britany is pregnant again, did you hear about that? ... :krider:

dude get over it. stop bitching!

I'm sorry but I simply cannot see how someone who calls themselves a fan of the band Guns N' Roses would not have a problem with reading things like the billboard comment. It's bassically no different than reading a magazine that reports "Seeing as how Kesseli's mother is smelly whore, you might as well avoid her since she's nasty."

I have a hard time believing you wouldn't be offended and would want to set the record straight.

Kaneda is an attention whore anyway. Ignore his ramblings.

Also here in the uk a lot of people are looking forward to axl's return but he has lost a lot of respect for taking so long and cancelling shows.(its not rock n roll - and it lose's you big time integreity)

ya know, i'm a big Motley Crue fan and last year they did that big reunion tour. they press they received was so consistantly inaccurate and biased that i've lost almost all respect for the "media". everybody has got their own agenda and they use their platform as a "journalist" to propagate their viewpoints.

what's ironic about the "wierd kid in 8th grade science" comment is that more accurately describes the journalists. much like the short wimpy kid who grows up to become a cop that abuses his position of authority to deal out punishment to society for kicking them when they were down. the best thing to do is to ignore them. don't link to their web-sites, don't flood them with hateful emails. all that does is dignify their existence.