Riyadh and the Bedouins: a classic of the future?

Axls_Disillusion

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ssiscool, that lyric site you posted is baffling.

They have listed the song as "Rhiad & The Behovins". And in the first line of it they have Axl singing 'Rhiad and the bedouins' - I can't figure that out. Also they have the first part wrong, allow me to correct it.

Riyadh and the Bedouins

Had a plan and thought they'd win

But I don't give a fuck 'bout them

If I am crazy...

I'm still not entirely convinced that Ryad didn't used to be Oklahoma. Has anybody actually heard Oklahoma, or heard of it, since Ryad's been around? (And my guess is that it's Ryad or Riad, unless somebody's seen it written down).

Riyadh took a while to grow on me but now I think it has a lot of potential. The House Of Blues version has too many oh-uh-uh-ooooh's and all the versions could do with some more substantial lyrics. As far as I can see we've yet to hear a definitive version of this track which shows it's true worth.

Don't know if mainstream will ever get it, but it's a great song.

It's not a great song.

Madagascar, The Blues, Better, There Was A Time and Catcher in the Rye are great songs.

Riadh is awful.

TWAT is not a great song. i just cant stand it

Thanks to both of you for the better quality versions. I think i'm going to splice the two together and see how they sound - might make the vocals a bit louder or something (once the monitor mix is finished downloading).

Definately sounds better with better quality - still not going to be a "classic" in my mind, but not a horrendous song by any stretch.

I like the music. But it's a bit big for Axl live. If I get a vocal track as good as "Better" or even "IRS" put with this music, it could be excellent, but right now, Axl sounds terrible singing it.

Judging from the bootlegs?... No. In fact, I'd say it's a dud.

But it does have some redeeming qualities and I wouldn't mind hearing a studio version where Axl can get his vocals spot-on.

I tend to agree. the intro is good but the ohhh whahoah whoah is weird and axl seems to slur the words a bit for what ever reason.

The intro's cool but the melody and lyrics are pretty poor. God knows what he's singing about. A decent b side but nothing else. Far prefer the other stuff, and maybe even Silkworms over this.

I hope if its not on Chinese Democracy as rumored, it is on the second album..

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Yeah... anyway I hate that song... Classic of the future? Let's say if there is a future after Chinese Democracy's release (let's imagine it will be released...) The classics are definately Blues, Better or Madagascar. I anyway wonder what that album's going to be like... Axl said his favourite songs were Better, Blues, Madagascar... does that mean we've already heard the best songs of CD?!