Any fans of rock n roll here?

marina

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love Elvis Presley! The 68 comeback special is one of the best live DVD's ever!

I also like Johnny Cash, but I only have one album a best of..

dont u think the elvis dvd is kinda over kill though? i mean 8 hours of footage based on a one hour tv special? although i really love that kinda informal leathers n siddown with the guitarists n play lawdy miss clawdy et all thing they had.

ur officially the coolest person on earth!

wow. i guess the criteria for coolest person on earth has slipped a bit in recent years. buying an CD with all elvis' songs will make you the coolest person on earth? what if two people had the same cd? would it be a tie? :no:

its called an overstated compliment, im TERRIBLY sorry, i promise to never be so tastelessly ambiguous again, please accept my sincerest apologies :):):)

thats ok, just don't do it again :P

ive been into elvis since i was about 6...

i used to sing elvis songs at primary school all the time...teachers used to think i was so cool...they used to send me around to all the classes to sing to all the teachers...i did it coz i got stickers... :)

wow. i guess the criteria for coolest person on earth has slipped a bit in recent years. buying an CD with all elvis' songs will make you the coolest person on earth? what if two people had the same cd? would it be a tie? :no:

its called an overstated compliment, im TERRIBLY sorry, i promise to never be so tastelessly ambiguous again, please accept my sincerest apologies :):):)

its ok, he can call me the coolest person on earth if he wants too :P

ok, ur the coolest person on earth! *gasp* i did it agaaaaiiin *cries*

ok, ur the coolest person on earth! *gasp* i did it agaaaaiiin *cries*

:lol:

Edited by Christer Axl

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Robert Johnson----the father of rock n roll

Are you serious? Robert Johnson surfaced in the 60's, when Rock N' Roll was on it's way down.

Elvis is underrated.

Chuck Berry is one of the greatest artists in history.

I don't think Elvis is underrated.

I should've clarified that.

He is underrated in today's society, and dismissed by most young people as... Well you get the picture. I, like artfromtex, blame the imitators etc.

Edited by adnan

He is underrated in today's society, and dismissed by most young people as... Well you get the picture. I, like artfromtex, blame the imitators etc.

Agreed.

for those of u who dont get the picture, he was lying on his face, in front of the unflushed throne, as is fitting for the king, with a big OL' chunk of cheese burger , sphincter stretching stool protruding from his enormously bloated ass, pumped fulla ups, dead as can possibly be.

Are you serious? Robert Johnson surfaced in the 60's, when Rock N' Roll was on it's way down.

Um no... Robert Johnson died in 1938. He was poisoned by a jealous bar owner and never recovered. His songs have been covered by Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stones, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and many more. Just visit a web site about him. The Movie Crossroads was inspired by him as it was a legend that he made a deal with the devil for fame---

Um no... Robert Johnson died in 1938. He was poisoned by a jealous bar owner and never recovered. His songs have been covered by Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stones, The Red Hot Chilli Peppers, and many more. Just visit a web site about him. The Movie Crossroads was inspired by him as it was a legend that he made a deal with the devil for fame---

Of course I know all that, but Robert Johnson's recordings didn't surface until 1966, he had no influence whatsoever on Chuck Berry, Elvis Presley, Little Richard, or any other Rock N' Roll stars of the 50's.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

Robert Johnson released 11 albums (78rpm) before he died. Then throughout the years people discovered recordings that were never released.

So? He got zero exposure until '66.

Did you know that when Columbia Records executive John Hammond got a hold of Johnson's recordings, and showed them to folk fiends Dave Van Ronk and Bob Dylan, neither of them had ever heard of him? And these guys knew everything about Blues music.

Zero exposure until the 60's. Get real. He was one of if not the most famous delta blues artist of his time. Do you think everyone in the world completely forgot about him until the 60's. In 1961 not 1966 there were some recordings released that made him more popular with the crossover audience. His music lived and was appreciated by many people before that. I'm sure many of the mentioned artists would have heard his work. And nobody knows EVERYTHING about the blues. Robert Johnson is often regarded as the most influential guitarist of all time. When the Stones first heard him they could not believe it was only one guitar playing. That was something special about his style--you could swear there was more than one guitar playing. The zero exposure comment is ridiculous but I am done arguing with you---thanks anyway