Faith No More

The Volitan

I'm really diggin that Epic song they have. i wanna get more stuff by them, but is all there stuff like that song, or was the rap-flavored rock only a one off thing.

There's some more Epic sounding stuff on their albums, but you'll soon find that it's actually the weakest stuff they did. Mike Patton can sing any style of music brilliantly, so naturally they were a pretty diverse band and did a lot of different sounding stuff.

'Angel Dust' and 'The Real Thing' are the obvious choices for anyone starting out. Put some time into them and you'll be richly rewarded.

He has a sung a few sogns with The Fantomas, Peeping Tom, Tomahawk, and of course Moonraker.

Im not sure of the exact songs, but there is a lot out there because Patton started out in the same SF scene as Bucket, and the Deli Creeps had a huge influence on Patton.

I just remember hearing a lot of random bootlegs, and song from Slunk Radio.

creeps.gif

You've probobly already seen this, but here ya go.

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex

They were one hit wonders.

Oh really!!!....

i just tought that FNM were the best band of their generation.....can't believe the ignorance that i see on this board....

Oh really!!!....

Well I was part of that generation, and Epic was big but it was also the only big song they had. Sorry to burst your teeny bopper bubble. Before you start talking about ignorance, get your facts straight first.

Edited by xxAmandaxx

Faith No More rock!!!! I wouldn't just buy it cause you like one song though, cause they do all kinds of music. In one song they will have real heavy guitars and stuff and next thing you know it's and acoustic ballad and then it's a piano! listen, but don't go and buy an album expecting the same stuff as Epic all the time. Hope thats helped you.

rock4

They were one hit wonders.

The fact that they only had 1 chart hit makes them a rubbish band?

Did I say "rubbish band"? No, READ, I said one hit wonders. Meaning, they had one really big song, everyone at the time was raving about them saying that Axl Rose is jealous of them and theyre gonna be the next big thing. After that song noone ever heard from them again. If that makes them a rubbish band to some, theyre a rubbish band. To me, theyre nothing, one hit wonders. You like em, that's your business, theyre nothing much though in my mind.

in europe easy like a sunday morning was a bigger hit than epic was. so u cant call then a one hit wonder

That was a cover song. Lionel Ritchie made that song famous. :rolleyes:

So? 5 of GN'R's 14 biggest hits were covers. Do you have a point?

Faith No More were a fantastic band both in terms of creativity and talent. It doesn't matter whether you personally can see that or whether their record sales reflected it - it's simple fact.

in europe easy like a sunday morning was a bigger hit than epic was. so u cant call then a one hit wonder

Faith No More were a fantastic band both in terms of creativity and talent. It doesn't matter whether you personally can see that or whether their record sales reflected it - it's simple fact.

Do I have a fucking point? My point is fairly obvious isnt it? He said that that song was another big hit for them, so they couldnt be one hit wonders. When the song he's talking about as hit number 2 (and in Europe)wasnt even their song it sort of takes away from the argument. :rolleyes:

They were a fantastic band, maybe so. Record sales are usually a pretty good reflection of how good a band is. You think they were, fine. The fact IS - they WERE one hit wonders. I didnt say they were a shit band, I said they were one hit wonders. That is a FACT. Whether anyone personally likes them or not is simply personal opinion. I have no argument that this was a good band. They come out with all guns blazing and abruptly disappeared after that. Thats my fucking point.

Why is it, that on this board, you get the word "Moderator" under your fucking name and suddenly you think you know everything? I made a point here, which is factual. Youre just arguing cause you follow me around the fucking board picking apart everything I say. Fuck off.

Oh hang on, just realised that Im arguing this point now with a fucking 17 year old. You were like what? 2 years old back then? You'd really have a pretty good picture of how this band was perceived back then eh? :rolleyes: In terms of bringing gnr into the equation, the only really big cover they had was KOHD. They did this AFTER they were established as the biggest band on the planet. But then, you are only trying to pick an argument with me arent you?

Edited by xxAmandaxx

Yeah, my point is that he said that that song was another big hit for them, so they couldnt be one hit wonders. When the song he's talking about as number two wasnt even their song it sort of takes away from the argument. :rolleyes:

They were a fantastic band, maybe so. Record sales are usually a pretty good reflection of how good a band is. You think they were, fine. The fact IS - they WERE one hit wonders. I didnt say they were a shit band, I said they were one hit wonders. That is a FACT. Whether anyone personally likes them or not is simply personal opinion.

Case in point - AC/DC. Album sales, they've done very well - but as far as their singles go, they've pretty much never charted. They've only ever had 1 number one single (Moneytalks) - yet you'd hardly call them one hit wonders or mediocre (well, some would).

I don't think the number of hits you have is something you can judge a band's quality or impact on.