Faith No More

The Volitan

in europe easy like a sunday morning was a bigger hit than epic was. so u cant call then a one hit wonder

That was a cover song. Lionel Ritchie made that song famous. :rolleyes:

So? 5 of GN'R's 14 biggest hits were covers. Do you have a point?

Faith No More were a fantastic band both in terms of creativity and talent. It doesn't matter whether you personally can see that or whether their record sales reflected it - it's simple fact.

Yeah, my point is that he said that that song was another big hit for them, so they couldnt be one hit wonders. When the song he's talking about as number two wasnt even their song it sort of takes away from the argument. :rolleyes:

They were a fantastic band, maybe so. Record sales are usually a pretty good reflection of how good a band is. You think they were, fine. The fact IS - they WERE one hit wonders. I didnt say they were a shit band, I said they were one hit wonders. That is a FACT. Whether anyone personally likes them or not is simply personal opinion.

Case in point - AC/DC. Album sales, they've done very well - but as far as their singles go, they've pretty much never charted. They've only ever had 1 number one single (Moneytalks) - yet you'd hardly call them one hit wonders or mediocre (well, some would).

I don't think the number of hits you have is something you can judge a band's quality or impact on.

ACDC are hardly one hit wonders in the essence of the term though are they? The difference is that theyve been around for years, are a very well known band, released really solid material and have a huge following. They have around a dozen songs that are very well known. Not exactly a good comparison. The havent just released one really well received song and then disappeared from all but their dedicated fans minds have they?

Oh hang on, just realised that Im arguing this point now with a fucking 17 year old. You were like what? 2 years old back then?

Brilliant - you just discovered the "secret" of my age. *Applause*

Ok - we get it - your main, original point was that Faith No More were "One Hit Wonders" - fine, cool, whatever.

But then you've also said something about record sales being an indication of how good a band is. I disagree.

When you talk about Faith No More in terms of their influence, all you need to do is look around at a lot of today's Metal bands and you can see it. Amongst other things, they invented Rap-Metal. Having a role in the creation of a genre of music seems pretty influential to me.

Anyway, you obviously don't seem interested in some discussion with someone younger than you. :rolleyes:

Ok, I agree they have been influential. Point taken.

However, from my stand point, Im going on my memory and take on this band, which is; they burst onto the scene and I took notice cause everyone was saying that Axl was on record as saying "Im jealous" of their song Epic. Everyone said, this is gonna be the next really big band...then nothing, years later, still nothing.

Im not talking about influence, or whether they may be a 'good' band...Im simply saying, from a general stand point of most people, when you say Faith No More, you think, yeah, they had one big song, then they were over.

Edited by xxAmandaxx

Shut up, Amanda.

Faith No More had more than one hit. Epic, Easy and Midlife Crisis were all hits.

I have Angel Dust and KFOAD - FFAL from them, love both albums. Excellent band.

you need to get "Album Of The Year". it has a few duds, but it's also got some great songs. "Last Cup Of Sorrow", "Ashes To Ashes" are 2 of my faves.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Shut up, Amanda.

Faith No More had more than one hit. Epic, Easy and Midlife Crisis were all hits.

I have Angel Dust and KFOAD - FFAL from them, love both albums. Excellent band.

Don't tell me to shut up. Epic was their only real hit. One hit wonders.

Some would say the same about The Flaming Lips, but they were so much more.