Expect Axl's Voice to Be "Better"

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer

After hearing the Trunk interview, Axl made it clear that he had felt pressured into delivering in 2002 and didn't feel ready. I think that also indicates he may not have been singing around that time. Chances are - as reports from bandmembers, ex-bandmembers, producers, etc. indicate - Axl was doing less vocal recordings and was doing more work in the studios trying to perfect the sound of the instruments. If this is the case, it may be part of the reason Axl's voice was so different in '02.

I'm not saying it will be perfect this time - it will never be the same as it used to be (smoking, older age, drinking, drugs, hard singing, etc. have all caught up with him like it did to Robert Plant) - but I think we'll be surprised (hopefully) and because he HAS been singing so much lately, and has been rehearsing and is doing this on HIS OWN time (rather than being forced into it), he'll sound a lot better too.

Fingers crossed.

Robert Plant was never a good live singer. His best work was in the studio, and even in his latter years, he still has a good voice. He just doesn't use it like he used to.

I would like to note that everybodies voice changes with age. Drugs or no drugs, you won't sound the same 10 years from now. Every singer goes through change. Axl is no special case. James Hetfield is a good example of what happens to your voice with age.

I don't think that was the case.

I think Axl was trying to be something he is not. He was not perfecting his own sound. he was pretending to sound like something ells in his head that he felt sounded better with the new sound.

I guess that might be the case why he aborted the showes. He saw that his new way of singing didn't please anyone in the media. So he went back into hiding and re-invented himself. So now he is back for the third time and I guess he has landed in a singingvoice that might be a bit between the 02 and 1992.

I don't think that was the case.

I think Axl was trying to be something he is not. He was not perfecting his own sound. he was pretending to sound like something ells in his head that he felt sounded better with the new sound.

I guess that might be the case why he aborted the showes. He saw that his new way of singing didn't please anyone in the media. So he went back into hiding and re-invented himself. So now he is back for the third time and I guess he has landed in a singingvoice that might be a bit between the 02 and 1992.

that would be great!

From 68 to 72 Plant was insanely great live. After he developed nodes in his throat and had surgery in late 72 he never sounded the same.

Unfortunately, that's true. He never sounded the same, but his voice was still great on Physical Graffiti, one of my personal favourites.

As for Axl, it seems like he's more than ready this time around, and I'm assuming his voice will be a good bit better than in 2002. We'll see though.

Its not better then 2002. Because the way Axl was singing in the 90s destryd hios voice. And off course hes gettin older and heas coice weaker.

So i expect hes voice to be as it was in 2002 or even more worse. but i dont care, its good to have AXL beck!

Well seeing as he has been rehersing with the band this time around,I would think he has his vocals ready to go,for show time.

In 2002 I didn't mind his voice,not at all. I just think some of the older tunes didn't suit it that's all.

I'm realistic about his voice.

He tore it to shreds during the illusion tour. Nowadays it's just not that great live for the hard rockers. Ok for the more mellow stuff.

The leaks proved that he can still lay down some awesome, gritty vocals in the studio, though.