Forum features, avatars, forums, search, etc

Wildrose

I see that the forum has been striped down now. Guess it's becouse of the concerts and all that.

There are no smilies :rolleyes:

There are no dot over the envolope of the topic you just posted in or has ever posted in

There is little forum statistics on the bottom of the page

There is no avatar

And I guess there is a hell of alot more then that.

Eric is prepering this forum for a Axl Meltdown :P

The Forum is stable for now even though some features are not working, embers can post and other Moderators are there to assist you in case of need.

I've now been on the Forum for more than 10 hours straight (not that this is a first, but tonight was a little more stressful than usual). I'm wasted and need to sleep a little.

Had great time still with all those who were on the Forum, via PM and via MSN.

Good night all :)

The Forum is stable for now even though some features are not working, embers can post and other Moderators are there to assist you in case of need.

I've now been on the Forum for more than 10 hours straight (not that this is a first, but tonight was a little more stressful than usual). I'm wasted and need to sleep a little.

Had great time still with all those who were on the Forum, via PM and via MSN.

Good night all :)

Thanks Eric, will the forum remain like this until after May 17th?

Alright, I have two quickie questions:

- When can we expect the features that have been temporarily disabled to start returning? Like will they be modified regularly (day to day or similar, according to how busy the server gets) or is there a set period of time (like a couple of weeks or something) during which you know you won't be returning any of these features?

- When the sub-forums do return, will all the posts we made still be there, safe and sound, or are we starting from scratch, so to speak?

Good second point NG, just what I was about to ask....

Hopefully they are just in storage...

No chance of having a member cap - i.e. stopping new members for the time being?

Or deleting the accounts of those who never posted/validated from ages ago?

The forum was pushed to it's limit, and is becomming faster as there a bit less people online at the same time.

I can't wait to reactivate all forum features. Forum features will be re-enabled on a per feature basis. I cannot provide an exact timeframe, but I can say they will be re-enabled when it becomes possible.

Many forums are presently "hidden". Rest assured that all threads and posts are still there. They will simply be reactivated when it becomes possible.

Guests cannot see the Forum at this time. Only members can. The forum software does not have a member cap function. All I can do is limit wich member group has access to the Forum.

I'm really overwhelmed by all the members who have shown appreciation for the Forum and all those who make it possible. I have been working my ass off in the last week, and especially on the night of may 12th for the Forum to remain accessible. The moderating team is truly exceptionnal and extremely supportive. I thank all the members for their loyalty and for making this a great place to be.

GNR is back! Last night's concert proved it. The tour is off to a great start. We can expect many more members to join us in the comming months.

Evething points in the direction of making the necessary investments in a superior server, wich is exactly what I am looking at. ;) The timeframe for that is : when it is possible. I do expect it to take at least at 2-3 weeks. The transition will be transparent and their will be no downtime.

Things are looking good!

Eric