Gnr fans reviews from NYC May 12 Gig

darknemus

Bumblefoot is the most versatile person in this old fashioned band.

Just be careful Queef - I understand all the points you're making, but you'll be severely outnumbered if you start making comments like that. :lol:

I'm more than willing to give Bumblefoot a chance - he doesn't seem like a bad guitarist at all, and you could easily attribute his supposedly lacklustre performance to a few nerves. It's not easy to come into a band like Guns N' Roses, learn the material in such a short period and then jump up and perform in front of 1000's of hardcore fans.

Give him a chance. ;)

Indeed and us GNR fans are a skeptical bunch and slightly insane

INSANE??? US????........."over the rainbow we are crazy"

going off the rails on a crazy train

Crazy, thats how it goes....

You're Fucking CRAZY

welcome to Drew

WARCHILD

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next Axl sat down at the piano and they went into November Rain. This was the most emotional part of the night. This song is just a work of art and is no doubt the greatest GNR song ever. Axl was dead on in his singing and playing. What pissed me off some was when Bumblefoot fucked up a bit of the end solo. Slash would never do that...

Never? O really?

Watch and listen to this version by Srrrrash, pretty much everuthing is off key and he misses about 400 notes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN5gCfVsMN0...november%20rain

Also I have many audio bootlegs where Srrrash is a joke to listen too on this and other songs because he was a drug addict moron.

BTW, Bumblefoot would wipe the floor with Srrrash any time of the day on all areas.

Edited by lllll

I am buying tix for monday or wednesdays show, should i buy floor or mazzanine seats? can somebody who went give me advice?

If you want the experience of your life and want to see the band in your face, get floor tickets. all of the pain and suffering of waiting around for 6 hours in one stationary position will be forgotten when you realize Axl is rocking out 6 feet away from you. I'm sorry, but the people sitting in the mezzanine had no idea what it was like to be on the floor next to the stage.

That being said, if you are a casual fan don't go on the floor. There are too many drunken idiots to deal with and you have to be squashed next to a thousand other sweaty fools the whole night. Also, the fights, drugs, people passing out and throwing up may be too much for some people.

If you want to get close, show up at least 2 hours before the doors open. Once you get in you can make your way to the front. If you show up at 7:00, you're going to be in the back of the line, and it will take you that much longer to get in.

When I went on Friday, at least 30 people were lined up at 3:00. So that gives you an idea at how early you should show up.

Hahahahhaahhaha! You're a fucking RETARD dude! Like chrissen said, I mean what the fuck did you really expect? Did you expect everyone to be seated and just nod their heads and politely applause after every song? You're such a fucking moron I dont know why am I even replying to this.

Your whole review was beyond ridiculous.

"Maybe if this guy wasn't a judgemental moron, for limiting his ideal favorite guitarists as Slash, before using an accurate comparison of other guitarists. But I assume by this inane quote he said, He most likely doesn't know, John Petrucci, Joe Satriana, Steve Vai. If he did, he would have a slightly more intelligible opinion on this."

Was Petrucci, Satriana or Vai in GN'R? No, no they werent you idiot. Thats why, he said Slash. Are you 13? Seems like you are.

Do everyone a favor, please never write a review ever again. It would save precious keyboards and bandwith.

:rofl-lol:

I don't know where to begin....At first I thought you morons were joking at first about claiming I had nothing positive to say about the concert. Did you bother reading the first paragraph? I said nothing but how great the show was in general. Then these dolts tell me I probaly never been to a concert show before, I went to Foreigner just last February, and a kick ass Led Zeppelin tribute bands a few months earlier. As I said that you tards also failed to read "cheering in general is okay" But you pretend what I said doesn't exist, and try to find negativity in my reading to make it seem like you have a point. You don't, you're a moron.

Next quoted thing this dip shit said was:

"Was Petrucci, Satriana or Vai in GN'R? No, no they werent you idiot. Thats why, he said Slash. Are you 13? Seems like you are."

Did I say they were in GNR? You misinterrupt the whole meaning of that. Are you 12? Hooked on phonics can boost your reading. From now on I should put a special filter on my site, that has a virtual crash command that activates when it detects a Tard...It will save them the time and effort of humilating themself. And stop wearing out the keys on my keyboard, having to write a response of a 4 paragraph statement to you dolts, because you can't understand what it said. I have advice for all of you, who have negative things to say about my web page.....Shut up you don't anything. Other advice if your age is one digit, do not bitch about my post either... TOGETHER! We all can make this thread idiot-free!

wow.. you should be working for the rolling stone!

Suhweet.

That was the most incoherent babbling review I've ever read. Have you ever been to an actual rock concert before? Haha tribute bands don't count you douche. Real rock concerts contain all of the the things you complained about and that's why we love them.

I could go on, but you're not worth the typing.

Well I've tried to catch up on what people have been saying, so forgive me if I repeat some things.

First, let me say that some of you so called "fans" need to jump off a bridge with that awful band Bullet for my Valentine. I can't believe that some of you are calling Bumblefoot a bad player and that he needs to go. Do you people know what rock and roll is? The guy is amazing.

Next, let me address the fans that were at the show. I realize that some of you are there to hear a good show and party and drink etc... but at least do your fucking homework if you're going to a concert that involves one of the greatest rock bands to ever grace the stage. I don't know how many times I had to hear "There's Izzy!!!", I am serious the people around me actually thought Robin, Tommy, and Richard were Izzy (depending on who you asked). Also, when Bach came out, some people actually thought HE was Izzy! I couldn't fucking believe my ears. Also, the drunken fools who kept trying to run my girlfriend over trying to get closer, a big F-you to you as well.

Now, on to my short review. I was right next to the stage, on the left-middle side. Waiting around for hours standing on my legs was really taxing my stamina. I mean when you're that close to the stage you have people practically living in your ass and they don't want to leave, so I thanked the heavens when the opening riff to Welcome to the Jungle started, but then my thankfullness was interupted by about 100 people trying to get closer to the stage. Luckily, I held them off. Some people weren't as lucky, I saw at least 4 girls passed out or nearly passed out that had to be carried away by security.

Axl was incredible, it's funny because before the show I said to myself "he should just come out in his jeans and shirt" and sure enough, out he comes in classic rocker fashion with a nice leather shirt to boot. The man has obviously been keeping fit as well, he looked fucking great. The goatee really works, he needed it. His voice was probably the best I've ever heard it live, and the rest of the band was loving every minute of it. There was so much energy, it was the best concert I've ever been to.

A couple of funny notes...

Axl got to close to a pyro-explosion, and he gave us a little smirk saying "shit I almost fucked up on that one".

Stinsons was so into the concert, he started roaming around behind Axl at one point. This wouldn't seem strange, except that Robin stopped playing his guitar and actually grabbed Tommy's shoulders and pulled him towards his mic in a funny way. Seconds later the rain of fire came down from the top of the stage and I realized that if Stinson was where he was 5 seconds ago his head would have been toast. It was funny as hell seeing their reaction to that.

You've heard this one already, but Axl calling us all "downloading motherfuckers" got a huge reaction.

Baz coming out and doing My Michelle really just brought the concert to another level, he soaked up the crowd and pumped his fist with Brain's drumming. His voice was sounding great as well, he rocked.

And let me say just one more thing, the new Guns N' Roses are THE Guns N' Roses. They actually look like a fucking rock band. No more freaks, no more gimmicks, they all look like classic rockers. Robin's outfit had me laughing, he looked great. I couldn't believe it was him! And I agree, he looked like John Fusciataine (spelling?) And when he jumped into the crowd at the end, holy shit I had visions of Kurt Cobain all over again. Ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll is back and here to stay. Play on!

If anyone has any questions about last night, ask me. I was right next to the stage

Sounds like you were in about the same area I was in during the start of the show. Your girlfriend's lucky that you were there to help her out. At the very end of WttJ I was bounced back by some motherfuckers who thought that moshing a girl to get her spot was cool. Bastards. (And a note to all of you huge, 6 ft+ men who think that doing that to a 5'2 chick is necessary to get closer to the stage---fuck off! You can see over my motherfucking head, asshole!)

The show itself was absolutely amazing. Classic opener. There were no bad places to be throughout the show. Even back by the bar, you could see Axl and Co. better than any arena show. This was my first trip to the Hammerstein, and the first time I had ever seen Guns live. I think that I'm still a bit in shock. :rofl-lol: Axl did indeed look very happy to be playing, unlike some videos that I've seen where the look on his face was more "What the fuck am I doing here?" than, "Fuck, it's good to be here."

As far as the rest of the band, I thought that they did really well. Some asshole near me when I was back by the bar was taking pictures (not that there's anything wrong with *that*) and turned to me and said, "I can't believe Axl is actually pulling this off. Look at all of these fuckers practically worshipping him. I can't believe he's gonna pull this off. His voice will give out, just wait a song or too more." ....... :anger: ..........Suffice it to say I was NOT happy with this man, who was obviously trying to ruin a good time for everyone who was there. (I was not the only person he expressed similar sentiments to.) So I looked at him and said, "Then what the hell are you doing here?" He actually seemed surprised, then was like, all bluster and BS, "OH, I *knew* Axl, Slash and Duff back in the day. Used to tour around with them. Man, all the crap that Slash and them had to put up with for Axl's ego was amazing." And so on and so forth. So I looked back and him and said, "I've been listening to Guns since I was 2, and have always thought that Axl was the cohesion that held the group together. Don't try to piss on my daisies just because you don't like what you're seeing. If you don't like it, leave. No one's stopping you." And then I stopped and was like, "Besides, there is one area where Axl definietly has one-up on Slash." The asshole turns, looks at me, and says, "Oh, yeah? What's that?" I waited a moment, then said in my most simper-filled voice, "He's pretty." :wub: Needless to say he was speechless.

All in all though, a very excellent show. Fantastic to be in a setting where the majority of people were honest to God true Guns fans and not just people there out of morbid curiousity.

You guys are so blind...seriously...this new band is a joke of what GNR used to be. Do any of you remember what made GUNS N ROSES so great? It sure as hell wasn't what was up there on stage last night. I mean, please. You have all these guitarist sharing solos all night long? So stupid. A band should have a talented lead guitarist and let him take ALL THE SOLOS! You never know where to look and who's doing what solo. I don't really care, you guys will waste all of your time analyzing this same shitty setlist from now until the fall. This GNR is lame.

Maybe you should all learn to type.

P.S: Guns N' Roses hates you all, especially Axl.

Just in case you're not joking:

They sold out three minutes after the ticketsales started

The only tickets you can get are something like 300 dollars on ebay

Yes I'm very aware they sold out in minutes. And since you obviously have never been to a concert before, I'll inform you. Many people go to concerts specifically to sell tickets, they are called scalpers. They make money by buying tickets in bulk and selling them for a large profit. It is illegal, so they do it discreetly.

You actually can save money by buying from scalpers instead of buying on Ebay, as people in person are easier to negotiate with.

And as far as buying on Ebay, the tickets for the concert cost around 120.00 a piece. Not 300.00, I don't know where you are looking, but I'd advise you do your homework before suggestion ridiculous claims like that.

That was the most incoherent babbling review I've ever read. Have you ever been to an actual rock concert before? Haha tribute bands don't count you douche. Real rock concerts contain all of the the things you complained about and that's why we love them.

I could go on, but you're not worth the typing.

Incoherent babbling, know what is very moronic but all this. Right after I mentioned, I really went to a Foreigner concert. You right after go "i bet you never been to a real concert!" READ YOU FUCKING DOLTS! READ! And please come up with some original insults, never something original out of you morons. Always something like "douche" "fag" "bitch". Not to mention they all suck, and don't know how they are insulting in the first place. Learn fucking word definitions you vagina daquiri. First "douche" Means: a small syringe with detachable nozzles; used for vaginal lavage and enemas. Okay, i'm sick of argueing with you tards, have something distinguished to say. And read what I say, and just to be on the safe side, read it 5 times. So you don't respond like this moron did. Lets save the GNR forum some bandwith from you morons, and spare my keys from having to explain this stuff to you....Im practically spoon feeding you dunce's the answers from the moment I wrote this, and thought you were kidding, when you asked all these inane questions.....Fuck....

Yes I'm very aware they sold out in minutes. And since you obviously have never been to a concert before, I'll inform you. Many people go to concerts specifically to sell tickets, they are called scalpers. They make money by buying tickets in bulk and selling them for a large profit. It is illegal, so they do it discreetly.

You actually can save money by buying from scalpers instead of buying on Ebay, as people in person are easier to negotiate with.

And as far as buying on Ebay, the tickets for the concert cost around 120.00 a piece. Not 300.00, I don't know where you are looking, but I'd advise you do your homework before suggestion ridiculous claims like that.

I was talking about legal ways to get tickets and about the price, I was talking about the highest asking price and you about the lowest, that doesn't make you more right than me.

By the way, the guy asking which tickets he should buy didn't mention the fact they sold out and I was just telling him in case he didn't know so don't get all agitated.

If we ignore him he will go away like all good cupcakes do.

Did it work with warchild ?

Anyway, great post Kaneda.

Axl's fanatics are reacting like this because truth hurts.

I'm sure Kaneda appreciates you jumping on his bandwagon; misery loves company or so I'm told.

It's so easy...to be negative, maybe that's why they never made a statue for a critic.

I think your real problem is that you're both afraid that Axl and Guns N Roses and the fans are all moving on without you...

"no one told you when to run....you missed the starting gun" :sleeper:

THANX RAGE......you going tonight?

maybe Niveen and Kaneda can get together and play "Brokeback Mountain".........

Gotta Run......don't wanna be late........

SEEYA!

That Dammned WARCHILD

I was there on Friday and here are my thoughts:

The Good:

-Axl's voice was superb

-Finck was way better in his playing than in 2002

-TWAT was the best new song live

-Baz was amazing

- Axl wasn't always going to the back of the stage like in 2002...

The Bad

-Axl was too low in the sound mix

-The guitar intros by Finck + the new guy were AWFULL !!

- The setlist of old songs is too permanent.... Should cut a few songs like Out to Get Me, My Michelle, Live and Let Die and Brownstone in order to play Use You Illusion songs that could be on rotation like Yesterdays, Civil War, Dear Horse, Estranged, Bad Obsession, Coma, etc....or at least rotate all of these songs in 4 or five slots.

- Chinese Democracy is not a very good song live and IRS was very ordinary.

-Stupid fat Motherfu**er who had nothing to prove than slam on the floor and therefore hitting a few girls... wanted to prove he's tough...with his leather gloves.... poor looser... PS you should watch the DVD at home and slam with you're smaller friends so you can look like a tough guy !!!

Yo Dark, go raibh míle maith agat - (thats thanks in Irish) for the review. Really looking forward to seeing them in June when they come to Dublin. Before reading your review I was kinda worried they would be eh, crap? :question: But it looks like I have nothing to worry about. :rolleyes: P.S thanks for the heads up on all the drunks!! rock3 rock1