Gnr fans reviews from NYC May 12 Gig

darknemus

...Overall, I am so over caring about this new Guns N Roses...

...Just like the majority of us are over caring about your posts Kaneda.

Do us all a favour...

...don't come back. ;)

Yeah, don't let the door hit you on your way out ;)

Seriusly. Stop living in the past. You get overexcited and then you get disepointed. people with huge expectation where not dissepointed and yet you are finding negative shit about it.

And first of all. There was old tunes becouse it is guns N roses. I guess he will play some new shit on some later showes. I'll promise you that. He does have about 32 new songs. But he won't play most of them before the album is out this fall.

Just let bumblefoot get comftable in the band and you will see some magic on stage.

This tour is a big thing becouse Axl's voice and apperence is better then ever. And that is something you and all the other slashers will never understand.

Why are you always mr. Glass half empty?????

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kaneda honestly go fuck your self. You are just attention seeking.

Bumblefoot sounded solid, probably a little nervous so ill reserve judgement. As for finck, holy shit he was on fire those riffs were pumping. Axl looked and sounded way better than 2002 and had loads of energy.

And kaneda in a good band, both guitarist's should be able to take a solo or two! Old Gnr did it.

GnR are back, regardless of your pissy moaning.

Dude, some of your older posts about the band were actually quite good. Making us all look at it from a different perspective, but I really don't agree with you on this one.

This is just another "oh my god it's not Slash any more, it's not the same" thread.

Well boo-fucking-hoo.

You guys are so blind...seriously...this new band is a joke of what GNR used to be. Do any of you remember what made GUNS N ROSES so great? It sure as hell wasn't what was up there on stage last night. I mean, please. You have all these guitarist sharing solos all night long? So stupid. A band should have a talented lead guitarist and let him take ALL THE SOLOS! You never know where to look and who's doing what solo. I don't really care, you guys will waste all of your time analyzing this same shitty setlist from now until the fall. This GNR is lame.

yea, you are totally right, Gn'R is lame, it only sold out evry fucking tickets everywhere under 1 fucking hour.

go to a fucking velvet revolver forum you idiot

well from wat ive seen/heard so far axl's voice was better, there were less mistakes musically, the atmosphere was better, the crowd were louder, the music was more tight. to me that sounds like a better performance. who cares if solos are shared between people or not. you havent even commented on how well they are performed just who did them. ur too wraped up on image. people without eyes can still enjoy music so people with them shouldnt let what they see put them off it

I can't add much to Kaneda's post, as I was not there last night so I have no idea how good/bad it was.

I can say this: I AM JUST GLAD THEY ARE PLAYING. It's really that simple. I'm glad Axl is getting out there and doing his thing, regardless of who the backing band for him is....

-J

Yeah I don't care what they look like or what they argue about. All I care about is their music and right now I am not too impressed with their new stuff..... I love GNR with all my heart but right now this new band just isn't cutting it with the new material. This is only my opinion and if you like the new stuff then more power to you but right now this band seems more like a glorified cover band to me.

2. Robin Fink: He looks terrible! Like a bushwaker or something. He just looked so bedraggled and dirty and again, his look is so far off from what Guns N Roses was/should be, that I can't accept this guy as a member of Guns.

Such comments about the look makes me wonder if you turned up to the show expecting a catwalk show as opposed to, you know, a rock concert. As long as Finck continues to improve as a guitarist, who are we to care what he looks like? Tell me, from the perspective of someone who should spend less time moaning in between watching 'Queer Eye for the Straight Guy' re-runs, how SHOULD a rock band look?

And for that matter, why are you criticising the look of the band one second, and the next complaining because they ditched the guitarist who wears a KFC bucket on his head?

4. THE ONE QUESTION THAT MAKES NO SENSE: Why did Axl breakup the old band so he could take the music forward, and yet, all he does is play mostly the old material?

Why deny us of these things that we love? The songs have a different vibe when played by the new band and the crowd loves them. If all they did was play new material that they hadn't heard before, the crowd would spend most of their time as quiet as the Tokyo 92 audience. That's hardly the right atmosphere for the big return of Axl Rose. Let CD speak for itself when its released and once the majority of people have heard them, then they can can go play them. Until then, I would be sorely disappointed if they didn't play WTTJ, SCOM, Paradise City, November Rain, et al. Estranged would be nice too, but a man can dream...

5. Axl leaving out lyrics: He didn't even sing the opening to Paradise city, he just blew the whistle, what gives? I was watching him too during there was a time, and he was constantly choosing not to sing most of the outro. Why?

What we have here is a man who has run out of things to complain about at 4, and turns to nitpicking. So what if he left out lyrics or chose not to sing? Maybe he ran out of breath momentarily. Maybe he wanted the crowd to revel in the chance to do it for him? Maybe he just gave the other band members a chance to sing? More to the point: Who the fuck cares? Not I.

6. Overall, I am so over caring about this new Guns N Roses

Then don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Assuming, of course, that:

a) Your ass can fit through the door.

b) You can get your head out of there first.

Hi Madison.......I didn't see you at the afterparty.......what were you wearing? ..
[

Black leather pants and strapless black top.

What were you wearing?

.. I thought Bullet rocked too.........

Yes, it was a much better opener than the bands Axl chose for 2002 tour.

... I just got home now.

Time goes by fast, doesn't it? Even though I got home after 5, I wasn't tired at all.

.. .......The helium sound I disagree with..it's called an octave RANGE.....

We agree to disagree.

He didn't start to do that until near the end of the gig when his voice was getting a little tired.

everybody is entitled to an opinion

the reactions here tells more about the people who are writing them...it's just not his cup of tea so move over it (this also inclueds kaneda)

Edited by koudair