Gnr fans reviews from NYC May 12 Gig

darknemus

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's not his cup of tea, ok, so that means he should write a fucking essay on why not!?

Kaneda, you will never be happy because your expectations go past reality, and plus you're just a skitzophrenic fucktard.

Leave the forum please

You cunt

:)

Guys,

I wanted last night to kick ass, but come on, the band really is so lame now and they looked horrible up there on stage. ...

Dude, you clearly weren't at the same show as everybody else.

I try to look objectively at shows when I post reviews - and recognize the good with the bad, so forum members get a real feel for the show. But honestly, I didn't see any of the negative points you made. The band's image, chemistry and sound were awesome - which was not the case in 2002. I give credit where credit is due.

Robin totally kicked ass. His new image (reminded me of Zak a bit), energy, charisma and ability to play the f*ck out of songs was great. I tip my hat off to him. So I don't understand your comments about him at all.

The only part where I partially agree with you were your points about Bumblefoot (which I mentioned in my review in dark's thread. http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=&sho...post&p=1282523). But, as somebody else mentioned, Bumblefoot has only been with the band about two weeks and is probably a little shell-shocked right now and will settle down over time and choose better guitar solos.

I can only assume your negative thread is sour grapes on your part because Axl didn't fulfull your life-long dream and "call you out" during a rant. Personally, I hope he never does because I think it's a lame way for you to draw attention to yourself.

I was in the third row and take it from me - Kaneda was totally off basis. How can you say 2002 was better? Did you take notice of the interactions between Axl and the band members last night? There was one moment that sticks out in my mind in perticular. Tommy said something to Axl and Axl asked him to repeat it over the mike. Tommy says "I'm having a fuckin' great time" And then axl hugs him! C'mon that was fuckin amazing! They were like that the whole night - everone was having a great time and just playing there harts out. Finck jumped right on top of me! He was having the time of his life! One thing about finck -he clearly looked a shitload better tonight - in 2002 he looked like a goth who didn't belong in gnr (nothing against goths). Last night he looked like a rocker.

I'll have more shit to post later but I just needed to address this issue

They're back!

Hi Madison.......I didn't see you at the afterparty.......what were you wearing? ..

[

Black leather pants and strapless black top.

What were you wearing?

.. I thought Bullet rocked too.........

Yes, it was a much better opener than the bands Axl chose for 2002 tour.

... I just got home now.

Time goes by fast, doesn't it? Even though I got home after 5, I wasn't tired at all.

.. .......The helium sound I disagree with..it's called an octave RANGE.....

We agree to disagree.

He didn't start to do that until near the end of the gig when his voice was getting a little tired.

yeah, we agree to disagree.....it may have been a little of both........

I had on Jeans and a nice shirt.......brought a jacket in case I got cold.........

After 5am.....now you're keeping my hours!!! Gonna turn Nightwalker Madison?

KUDOS!....my computer is dying.....slow battery death......gotta charge em'

take Care Madison!!

WARCHILD

If we ignore him he will go away like all good cupcakes do.

Did it work with warchild ?

Anyway, great post Kaneda.

Axl's fanatics are reacting like this because truth hurts.

There is no truth to pointless grabs for attention. People love Axl Rose and they saw him in fine shape tonight, and they don't like when people try to find reasons to make it an entirely negative event. Funny how you weren't even at the concert and yet you can totally agree with everything he's saying. "Axl fanatics"? I guess you're a Kaneda asskisser then, and you two can try to fit through the door you fucked in on.

As for Kaneda's post, bands don't always need to look good so they can hump your ass after the show, dude. Moreover, you complain that a band should only have one lead guitarist to support that kind of band image, yet as an example, Iron Maiden have three, count 'em, three lead guitarists: Adrian Smith, Janick Gers, and Dave Murray. They trade off solos like nobody's business and in a band with 6 people, they have extremely good chemistry, even after Janick was added later on. A band doesn't have to fit your image, but oh well, you gave up, just like all whiners and quitters do. I can't wait for more people like you to get out so we can discuss the future of this great band. So, get lost already.

It was only a rehearsal show. I mean look at the bright side. He wore jeans and a t-shirt. No ghetto jersey. Although he wore normal clothes at The House of Blues 01-01-01 and it didn't stop him from wearing oversized jerseys for the rest of the tour. He had energy, he made jokes. That's nice. But stop comparing him to 1987 Axl. He didn't sing some parts because he was too busy soaking up the energy from all the fans.

I bet he had fun. I bet he'll show up more often now because of that. He smiled. :) That is proof that GnR are back and the tour is not going to be a repeat of 01-02.

Kaneda in the past you have made good posts and I have often agreed with you. However, now I think you are just a silly little twat who sits and waits for 1991 to swing back around. Listen mate, Slash etc. have gone and from what we all have heard and read, Guns put on a great show last night. I think you were too busy sitting back and looking for the slightest flaws, than listening to a fuckin' excellent bunch of musicians playing their asses off and when people like you have the cheek to complain about things like 'You don't know where to look when a solo is being played'. It just makes me weak with sorrow.

Kaneda, let's keep this straight to the point. You do not support Guns N' Roses. Leave.

"Better" is a Robin song? :o

To all of you fuckers that thought Robin sucks.......

booooo hoooooooooo! Robin has earned a new respect from me! :kiss: Rock on Robin....and thanks for the song .....best new GNR rocker! rock2

Yes, I've always been a Robin fan - dating back to the NIN days.

So, hearing that "Better" - which is the best of the new tracks - is a "Robin song" didn't surprise me. Just reinforces my view that he totally kicks.

I love how nobody retorts any claim I made, they just make personal insults. Look, anyone that was at the Garden show in 2002 knows that last night sucked in comparison.

I have 2002 MSG on DVD, and Axl's vocals and the band's performance even from these shitty boots are clearly better.

Also:

Small venue for a warmup

vs.

One of the biggest and most important venues in the world for a major tour show

I just got home now. B)

So, I'll just add a few quick comments to dark's review.

First, I have to say Axl looked happier and healther than I've ever seen him during a performance before. I've never seen him genuinely smile and laugh during a gig as often as he did this evening - and hopefully that's a sign for the shows/tour to come. As dark mentioned - Axl's stage presence, image and sound were dead on tonight.

Also, it appears he listened to fans' comments about his attire. ;) He finally dumped those God-awful oversized jerseys - and jumped onto the stage wearing a cool leather shirt, jeans and sunglasses. He even wore his leather jacket to the after-party. *Finally, he's looking like a rocker again!*

Axl's voice - as dark mentioned - was strong and hit all the notes, which was cool. I have to admit I was a little concerned when sweat was pouring off his face after the first two songs. But I guess it was just adrenaline because he didn't have any stamina problems throughout the entire show, and his voice remained strong - although I have to admit his voice did get a little high-pitched - slightly "helium" sounding - for one or two of the AFD songs late in the set. Still, overall, his voice was solid.

When it comes to guitarists, I thought Robin totally stole the show. He dominated from start to finish. His talent, charisma, and colorful stage presence were second-to-none.

I'd also like to add that there was real chemistry between the band members - especially between Axl, Robin, Dizzy and Richard - which was not there in 2002. They really geled as a band, and looked like a band.

As for Bumblefoot - honestly, I'm not sure what he was doing there. He seemed overwhelmed with everything and stayed inconspicuously off to the side of the stage for most the show. When he took to the front to do a couple of guitar solos, they were dull and simplistic. To give you an idea of what I mean - People beside me actually sat down both times he played his guitar solos - and then stood up for the rest of the show. I think he's talented, but isn't choosing the right guitar solos to allow himself to shine.

Highlights: Baz playing with Axl. It was an amazing sight. The energy level both onstage and through audience feedback to the song was awesome.

Also, Axl singing "Better" - which he described as a "Robin song." This track has hit written all over it. Amazing song.

As for the opening act - Bullet for my Valentine - I disagree with dark. I didn't think the band was bad at all. In fact, I think it was much better than the CKY/Mixmaster Mike duo that opened for Axl in 2002. Bullet was kind of like Three Doors Down - on acid and steroids. lol.

Well, it's now 5:49am - so I guess I'll stop there and add more comments tomorrow.

Thank you for the review - btw, where was the after party?

Guys,

I wanted last night to kick ass, but come on, the band really is so lame now and they looked horrible up there on stage. I don't even know where to begin, but let me list the problems with this new band that should be ashamed to call themselves Guns N Roses:

1. Bumblefoot: Seriously, this guy looks like a complete dweeb and he had no energy or flare what-so-ever. How can he be the replacement for Slash/Bucket? Forget about his mediocore guitar playing abilities, his image was just flat out boring.

2. Robin Fink: He looks terrible! Like a bushwaker or something. He just looked so bedraggled and dirty and again, his look is so far off from what Guns N Roses was/should be, that I can't accept this guy as a member of Guns.

3. The AXL / LEAD GUITARIST Balance is gone: This is by far the biggest problem with this new band. Axl needs a lead guitarist that's larger to life to play with, someone to share the stage and be just as exciting as him. But now there's nothing exciting to look at, say what you will, THE LOSS OF BUCKETHEAD has destroyed this new GNR. Admit it guys, the new GNR Axl had in mind is not this, this is only the backup plan. I worried that we were going to get a watered down version of the 2001-2 band, and we did.

4. THE ONE QUESTION THAT MAKES NO SENSE: Why did Axl breakup the old band so he could take the music forward, and yet, all he does is play mostly the old material?

5. Axl leaving out lyrics: He didn't even sing the opening to Paradise city, he just blew the whistle, what gives? I was watching him too during there was a time, and he was constantly choosing not to sing most of the outro. Why?

6. Overall, I am so over caring about this new Guns N Roses: Guys, we waited so patiently, but now the only solution, the only thing that can save Axl is to get Slash and the guys back together. Again, I emplore all of to go watch clips of what Guns used to be, and then try and call this new band Guns N Roses. While Axl is in shape, he does look older and a bit silly singing songs like You Could Be Mine and My Michelle...Those were songs that epitimized the old bands attitude, style, look and feel; this new band has none of that It's like a bunch of posers up on stage trying to be cool and hip just because they see Guns N Roses on the drum set. I will buy the album when it comes out, but i really don't have a desire anymore to see this new band live...none of the musicians are interesting, and Axl is just looking old these days. It's sad, but Guns N Roses is over. Axl should name this band something else and let Guns go down for what it was, not this new shit.

Just kill youself already. Seriously. You are obviously a pathetic miserable person and will never be happy. There are many ways you can do it. I suggest a gun.

Guys,

I wanted last night to kick ass, but come on, the band really is so lame now and they looked horrible up there on stage. I don't even know where to begin, but let me list the problems with this new band that should be ashamed to call themselves Guns N Roses:

1. Bumblefoot: Seriously, this guy looks like a complete dweeb and he had no energy or flare what-so-ever. How can he be the replacement for Slash/Bucket? Forget about his mediocore guitar playing abilities, his image was just flat out boring.

2. Robin Fink: He looks terrible! Like a bushwaker or something. He just looked so bedraggled and dirty and again, his look is so far off from what Guns N Roses was/should be, that I can't accept this guy as a member of Guns.

3. The AXL / LEAD GUITARIST Balance is gone: This is by far the biggest problem with this new band. Axl needs a lead guitarist that's larger to life to play with, someone to share the stage and be just as exciting as him. But now there's nothing exciting to look at, say what you will, THE LOSS OF BUCKETHEAD has destroyed this new GNR. Admit it guys, the new GNR Axl had in mind is not this, this is only the backup plan. I worried that we were going to get a watered down version of the 2001-2 band, and we did.

4. THE ONE QUESTION THAT MAKES NO SENSE: Why did Axl breakup the old band so he could take the music forward, and yet, all he does is play mostly the old material?

5. Axl leaving out lyrics: He didn't even sing the opening to Paradise city, he just blew the whistle, what gives? I was watching him too during there was a time, and he was constantly choosing not to sing most of the outro. Why?

6. Overall, I am so over caring about this new Guns N Roses: Guys, we waited so patiently, but now the only solution, the only thing that can save Axl is to get Slash and the guys back together. Again, I emplore all of to go watch clips of what Guns used to be, and then try and call this new band Guns N Roses. While Axl is in shape, he does look older and a bit silly singing songs like You Could Be Mine and My Michelle...Those were songs that epitimized the old bands attitude, style, look and feel; this new band has none of that It's like a bunch of posers up on stage trying to be cool and hip just because they see Guns N Roses on the drum set. I will buy the album when it comes out, but i really don't have a desire anymore to see this new band live...none of the musicians are interesting, and Axl is just looking old these days. It's sad, but Guns N Roses is over. Axl should name this band something else and let Guns go down for what it was, not this new shit.

Just kill youself already. Seriously. You are obviously a pathetic miserable person and will never be happy. There are many ways you can do it. I suggest a gun.

Fuck this guy, do we really care what he thinks hahahahaha :rofl-lol: fucking loser, but I guess I wouldn't mind if he blows his brains out :rolleyes:

Kannon.

I think that he makes a good point here.

I always preferred Slash over Buckethead, because I don't like his style etc, but even Buckethead was on the same level as Axl. It's always good for big bands to have two "stars", like Plant & Page, Jagger & Richards, Axl & Slash/Buckethead.

Like Kaneda said, it's always better if you have someone to share the stage / attention!