First review in Spanish

CarlosEC

We at Blowin' Brains Webzine had made a review for the show in New York. It's in spanish, so sorry for the non spanish-speaking, but I know a lot of members of this forum are spanish-speaking and would like to read the review in his mother-tonge for sure.

You can read it CLICKING HERE

We entered at the Hammerstein, and there, in the back, you could see the stage; it was a big stage, in a very Gun N' Roses style, with some big lateral archs with design curtains in the new logos of GNR with the motives of Chinese Democracy. What got my attention was the local station what had merchandise, shirts, pants, keychains, wrist warmers, hats and bandanas.

Bullet for my Valentine comes out on stage, which I wont comment at all, bad show, just bad show, eventhough you can see they put some effort, but the effort wasnt worth it. The audience was cold, and BFMV without shame and glory with a bit of "Boo's".

They had ambiant Music of Metallica, Nickelback, Sum41, Hoobastank, Skid Row and while they played Smells Like Teen Spirit of Nirvana, with a British punctuality, at 23 hours sharp - the oddest thing happened with Axl Rose. The lights went off. The public started getting ready for the band they (we) came to see. With many screams of "Guns N Roses, Guns N Roses!!!" and splendid voice that would only say "Do you know where the fuck you are??? You're back in the jungle baby!!!, and you're gonna die!!!". The lights went on and Welcome to the Jungle started playing in the auditorium while everyone went crazy .... The show had started.

Axl appeared in the scene running with country pants and a black shinny shirt, as if it were made of plastic, and a bracelet on his left hand, his look had changed, but not his style.

The new guitarist was the incognito, in the end he tells everyone, he confirms the rumors that were running all over Hammerstein as soon as they opened door. He is there, with a Personalized guitar, a design of a foot, Ron 'Bumblegfoot' Thal.

Good Sound, and a prodigy voice of Axl, it was superior to which of the 2001 gig and 2002, it takes us from Its so easy, Mr. Brownstone and we came to a surprise; Better, on the of the songs that was found in the internet. Many people didnt know this song, and they looked happy, and those who knew it couldnt stop singing it. It was a much heavier version compared to the internet one.

The show continued with Live and Let Die, SCOM, a reduced version of Patience (without an ending), Knocking on Heavens Door the Bob Dylan version, and when the moment came many of us found it funny, the first chords to the song Madagascar started playing, we all got into the song, and in the middle of the song Axl said it in a funny tone something like " You fuckers here, I see you all singing the new songs, I see you downloaded those songs".

After Madagascar, Axl presented the band, the last one had to be the new one, Bumblefoot, which after his presentation he only gave us one Solo which took us into You Could Be Mine.

After YCBM, silence became for couple of minutes... after that the Piano started, Dizzy entertained us with a Solo which he made us Clap. He proceded with The Blues.

Outta get me, November Rain with a small solo by Axl, and with a surprise for the night a skinny (with long) blonde hair guy came out running to the stage; Sebastian Bach, of Skid Row he joins the band to sing My Michelle, than departs from everyone.

After a wait which the people wouldnt stop Chorusing the name of the band, the lights hit and a screen lights up hitting the curtains, you could hear Comments in Chinese... than a Gong... and a voice screams; Chinese Democracy starts now!!!, the song starts, followed by TWAT and IRS. Than comes Nightrain, and a Solo by Robin Finck, which ties into the chords to Paradise City.

The show ends, and with one simple word you can discribe the entire 2 hours of the lived concert, GREAT.

Simple comments were said that the European shows were going to be different, but for me its all the same; if its as good as if it was in New York we will be busting teeth.

El show acaba, y solo una palabra puede describir las más de 2 horas de concierto vividas; GRANDES.

BY:

Virginia Gutiérrez Maza

Blowin’ Brains Webzine

Good translation. Allow me to underline this...

"Todo el público empieza a prepararse para recibir a la banda que habían (habíamos) venido a ver al grito de “Guns N’Roses!!, Guns N’Roses!!”, y una voz espléndida, podría decir que más que nunca, grita; “Do you know where the fuck you are????, You’re back in the jungle baby!!!, and you’re gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!”

All the audience was preparing to welcome the band (...), screaming “Guns N’Roses!!, Guns N’Roses!!” and a splendid voice, better then ever, shouts " “Do you know where the fuck you are????, You’re back in the jungle baby!!!, and you’re gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!”

Guess this raps it up for any remaining doubts about Axls voice performance :P

Edited by Draa

Good translation. Allow me to underline this...

"Todo el público empieza a prepararse para recibir a la banda que habían (habíamos) venido a ver al grito de “Guns N’Roses!!, Guns N’Roses!!”, y una voz espléndida, podría decir que más que nunca, grita; “Do you know where the fuck you are????, You’re back in the jungle baby!!!, and you’re gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!”

All the audience was preparing to welcome the band (...), screaming “Guns N’Roses!!, Guns N’Roses!!” and a splendid voice, better then ever, shouts " “Do you know where the fuck you are????, You’re back in the jungle baby!!!, and you’re gonna dieeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!”

Guess this raps it up for any remaining doubts about Axls voice performance :P

I WISH I WERE FUCKING THEEEEEEEERE!!!

They say Axl sounded brilliant and the band played tight. Apparently Robin Finck went for crowd surfing a couple of times! Setlist was as following: Jungle, Easy, Brownstone, Live and Let Die, Finck Solo, Knocking, Madagascar, then went on with the band introduction. "Where was Brain when we hired Matt" .. You Could Be Mine, November Rain, My Michelle (with Sebastian Bach onstage) Chinese Democracy, TWAT, Patience, IRS, Nightrain, Paradise City.

Source

1337!!!!!!!!!!!