Slash - In or Out of GNR? We may get answers tonight from Slash himself

madison

Well, we may hear definitively if Slash is still in talks to rejoin GNR or not.

Apparently, he'll be making a guest appearance on the Camp Freddy Radio Show tonight, where Matt is the host.

Here's Matt's blog:

Friday, May 12, 2006

Oh my God,

Just got back from Magic Mountain.

Private party

Only 2500 at the park.

It was crazy, I was like a kid running from ride to ride.

My favorite was Scream and X treme

But made Goliath and Viper as well as Batman and more.

There was really no lines because a lot of Hollywood party people were there and into hanging at the Bar.

Not me, it was the best.

Also this Saturday

I will be hosting Camp Freddy Radio with special guest Slash

From 6pm To 8pm

Pacific time.

You can tune in at indie1031.com for internet feed.

Enjoy,

Matt

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we may hear definitively if Slash is still in talks to rejoin GNR or not.

Apparently, he'll be making a guest appearance on the Camp Freddy Radio Show tonight, where Matt is the host.

Here's Matt's blog:

Friday, May 12, 2006

Oh my God,

Just got back from Magic Mountain.

Private party

Only 2500 at the park.

It was crazy, I was like a kid running from ride to ride.

My favorite was Scream and X treme

But made Goliath and Viper as well as Batman and more.

There was really no lines because a lot of Hollywood party people were there and into hanging at the Bar.

Not me, it was the best.

Also this Saturday

I will be hosting Camp Freddy Radio with special guest Slash

From 6pm To 8pm

Pacific time.

You can tune in at indie1031.com for internet feed.

Enjoy,

Matt

is there still doubts after last night???

You know, before I wanted him to come back, but after last night :wub: he really has no place in GN'R. Everybody in the band looked united and comfortable with each other. Plus they all kicked ass! Although, It'll definitely be cool if he plays a song or two as a guest ;)

Kannon.

Edited by kannon21

I think that would be a rather akward place to announce such a thing... It appears Matt is still definately in VR and most definately not in GN'R. So why would Slash announce he is in the opposite situation on Sorums show? Unless they are both going to announce a reunion show or something. :unsure:

I thought he was out of the band already? .

No, the rumor that's been circulating among some high-placed sources said talks were continuing with Slash, but that even if a deal could be hammered out, it likely wouldn't take place before the end of the European tour. So, it will be interesting to hear Slash's comment on this and the Axl meeting last Fall - and also a recent report that the old lineup got together at a studio here in NYC.

.. Did you go to the show, Madison?

Yes, the show was awesome. :)

I posted a couple of comments:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=&sho...dpost&p=1282523

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=&sho...dpost&p=1283174

Why is everyone talkin shit about Slash now. I don't care what anyone says no one will ever be able to play the old songs like Slash. The new stuff doesn't seem to be his style but I'm sure him and Axl could get together and write some songs like the good old days ;)

Slash does and always will belong in GN'R

and also a recent report that the old lineup got together at a studio here in NYC.

What "recent report"?.. Any source for this?

huh what

Well, this wasn't from the same sources as my "Slash talks" rumor - which were extremely reliable and highly-placed industry sources.

The rumor of a jam session came from a casual source - which is why I didn't mention it earlier. Apparently - according to my casual source - Axl told this guy's friend that Slash, Duff, and Matt had jammed with Axl in a studio here. This guy's friend has partied with Axl many times here in NYC (and I have private pics to prove this guy has partied with Axl). So, take the rumor with a grain of salt - but that's what I was told. Maybe Axl was just messing with the guy's head? Or maybe the guy was drunk and heard it wrong. Who knows. This is why I didn't want to start a thread about it - since the source is a casual one.

I thought he was out of the band already? .

No, the rumor that's been circulating among some high-placed sources said talks were continuing with Slash, but that even if a deal could be hammered out, it likely wouldn't take place before the end of the European tour. So, it will be interesting to hear Slash's comment on this and the Axl meeting last Fall - and also a recent report that the old lineup got together at a studio here in NYC.

.. Did you go to the show, Madison?

Yes, the show was awesome. :)

I posted a couple of comments:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=&sho...dpost&p=1282523

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?s=&sho...dpost&p=1283174

is that for real maddy?

freakin hell,

wat happens now??