Slash - In or Out of GNR? We may get answers tonight from Slash himself

madison

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

regardless of the gnr stuff, I just wanna know where his band stands and if the next album is done yet.

Exactly.

This is why I posted the thread - so that everybody would tune in and hopefully hear Slash set the record straight on what is happening.

regardless of the gnr stuff, I just wanna know where his band stands and if the next album is done yet.

Exactly.

This is why I posted the thread - so that everybody would tune in and hopefully hear Slash set the record straight on what is happening.

It's that or maybe catch the podcast of the show, as Billy Morrison will have that up later in the week.

For all you dummies crying, "why are we still talking about Slash", and "if he was in the band he would have been at Hammerstein".

For God's sake read madison's post. It wasn't going to happen last night, it would be late in the Euro tour before he rejoins if at all. Thal is just filling in temporarily, the way Gilby did back in the day (even though his temporary stint was rather long). She isn't saying it will happen, just that sources say it might.

There's no reason to think someone like madison is bullshitting. She's a respected admin, not some newbie who showed up out of no where. The fact that Thal has been in the band for only two weeks (seems to be the consensus) only makes me more suspicious that he's a temp. The band knew about these shows for at least six weeks, and yet they still were auditioning guitarists two weeks prior? How does that make sense unless the guy you are hiring is a temp. If they needed a permanent guitarist then they'd likely solidify that spot first and then start booking shows. Getting a permanent guitarist is much tougher than finding a short-term fill in.

I'll be listening to Matt's show. Even so, I don't expect Slash to come right out and say he's in GN'R. I expect a denial, that is if they tackle the topic to begin with. Something this big would have to be a surprise, in the meantime I'd expect them to try to throw us off the scent.

One must ask why we don't get an explicit denial from both sides, and Axl coming out and saying Thal is the man long-term. Until then, and while Axl keeps dining with Izzy and driving Matt Sorum to his hotel, the reunion talk will not die down. I have to wonder why both sides have let this rumour get out of hand when they could have easily put the kibosh on it a long time ago.

I can see the line of questioning now..

Matt: So Slash are you going to be joining GNR overseas in June?

Slash: Yeah man, even though Axl denies it, I will be there

Matt: Dude, what the fuck about Velvet Revolver?

Slash: .........

The fact that Thal has been in the band for only two weeks (seems to be the consensus) only makes me more suspicious that he's a temp. The band knew about these shows for at least six weeks, and yet they still were auditioning guitarists two weeks prior? How does that make sense unless the guy you are hiring is a temp. If they needed a permanent guitarist then they'd likely solidify that spot first and then start booking shows. Getting a permanent guitarist is much tougher than finding a short-term fill in.

Although - he did cancel/postpone all of his future dates. That doesn't make it look temporary.

But you're right - we don't know for sure.

I can see the line of questioning now..

Matt: So Slash are you going to be joining GNR overseas in June?

Slash: Yeah man, even though Axl denies it, I will be there

Matt: Dude, what the fuck about Velvet Revolver?

Slash: .........

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I really hope something positive comes out of all this

*cough* Reunion

by virtue of his appearance on CFR he's still in VR. I think matt would be too pissed to deal with him if slash ended matts ride with VR to join axl, but who knows...

Also, what a great episode ofpunk''d it would be for slash to punk VR about joining GNR again, and see the reaction

soon shirts will have "What about Weiland" written on them

After that press release from Axl and then the return fire from Weiland, I just find it hard to believe that Duff, Slash, and Matt were doing jam sessions with Axl. If I was Weiland, i'd be like "yeah what the hell." But whatever...

thanks and how do i listen

go to the site at 6 PST and click on "listen live"

soon shirts will have "What about Weiland" written on them

Right now I feel compelled to make me some "What about Buckethead" shirts.

Edited by moreblack

I don't want Slash to rejoin.

I like Slash, but this band is great, and him coming back would ruin the chemistry already existent.

Wow, the new band are that good??? in that case DWNLD can't come soon enough. 22 days come on GNR!!!

rock4

I don't want Slash to rejoin.

I like Slash, but this band is great, and him coming back would ruin the chemistry already existent.

You know, before I wanted him to come back, but after last night he really has no place in GN'R. Everybody in the band looked united and confortable with eachother. Plus they all kick ass! It'll definitely be cool if he plays a song or two as a guest

Kannon.

------------------------------------

Slash, ruin the chemistry :unsure: ?

Dudes, Slash was part of who made the music! In fact, he is part of the music.

I mean, I wasn't at the show last night, nor did I see what the vibe was like with the 'new' lineup, but bumblefoot, brain, stintson, and finck did not make half the music they played last night. Don't get me wrong, I still have tremendous respect for all those guys for working their asses off to keep the legacy going, but it's not actually Guns N' Roses.

Sorry if I sounded like a total bitch, but thats my opinion.