Slash - In or Out of GNR? We may get answers tonight from Slash himself

madison

GNR's first show in three years, everybody raving about it...shit sounding good...

There were a lot of positives to come from the show, but I was very disappointed with the setlist and lack of new material. Some people just can't accept that, though. God forbid anyone should say something bad about Axl Rose to these hysterical little fucks.

The funny thing is that I've barely mentioned Slash or Duff over the last few days, but people automatically think it's my loyalty to those blokes that is behind my criticism of some of the stuff Axl does. Nothing could be further from the truth. I don't want a reunion, I want Chinese Democracy, and that's actually the real reason why I'm worried about the eerie similarities to the 2002 tour.

Hey man, I hear ya. You have some very constructive criticism. I think its fucking weird also, to start some tour again without an album. Eerie indeed. I was fuckin glad they played six songs from the new album, but I definitely don't want to hear many more....but then again, who really knows what songs will make the album. But the leaks..intentional or not, if we never would've downloaded them, we wouldn't even know what the fuck they were. But yeah there are many fans who think Axl can do no wrong...fuck that...but there are also many who thrive off the destruction of this band. Level headed game us Gunners must play.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You see the thing is,every single one of you guys think this. It's not the case. When he's wrong I don't praise him. I support the guy 100% but still.

And this is GN'R 2006 not GN'R 87-93 or the VR section,so of course us FANS get pissed when people post garbage in this section.

I wasn't referring to you...I was actually referring to PMs I recieved from a Mod. It seems that certain pro Axl people can bash the fuck out of us (us being those that would like to see Axl accomplish something positive with his new musicians), but not only are we not allowed to bash them back, but we also cannot say anything negative about the band. :drevil:

That's obsurd, however it also explains how they easily accept Axl's band (I can call it that since he owns the name).

I have been around long enough to know that double standards will always exist. If I am banned for speaking my mind, always backing it up with evidence, and defending myself and fellow GnR fans who feel the way a lot of people do (but are afraid to say) from the likes of A_D, I can live with it. After all, this is just the internet...nothing here is going to change the way I feel about the band that was once the greatest band in the world.

Heck, if they ban me, maybe I'll even get more work done and make some more money so I can go see the reunion tour in 2010.

You see the thing is,every single one of you guys think this. It's not the case. When he's wrong I don't praise him. I support the guy 100% but still.

And this is GN'R 2006 not GN'R 87-93 or the VR section,so of course us FANS get pissed when people post garbage in this section.

I wasn't referring to you...I was actually referring to PMs I recieved from a Mod. It seems that certain pro Axl people can bash the fuck out of us (us being those that would like to see Axl accomplish something positive with his new musicians), but not only are we not allowed to bash them back, but we also cannot say anything negative about the band. :drevil:

That's obsurd, however it also explains how they easily accept Axl's band (I can call it that since he owns the name).

I have been around long enough to know that double standards will always exist. If I am banned for speaking my mind, always backing it up with evidence, and defending myself and fellow GnR fans who feel the way a lot of people do (but are afraid to say) from the likes of A_D, I can live with it. After all, this is just the internet...nothing here is going to change the way I feel about the band that was once the greatest band in the world.

Heck, if they ban me, maybe I'll even get more work done and make some more money so I can go see the reunion tour in 2010.

I hear you. But there is really no need to bash a band when they are playing gigs,and kicking ass right?

I hear you. But there is really no need to bash a band when they are playing gigs,and kicking ass right?

That's the part that kills me...I don't bash the band. I'm fairly sure I've never bashed the band. I haven't seen them and only heard very little of what they've done. Just because I don't jump for joy that they are playing doesn't mean I'm bashing them. It means they will have to prove to me they are worth my time and money. That isn't bashing, that is a realistic view to have towards any new band. I never said any of them suck, the closest thing I've said to that is Axl's voice was bad in 2002 and at the VMAs, and it was, and those solos on the "November Pain" videos are pretty brutal..it's not bashing if it's true. I've never heard Ron, and Bucket is a hell of a technical guitarist, but the other 2 have done nothing to indicate they are better than Slash, which multiple people here have claimed. Maybe they are, but we'll have no idea until CD comes out. Would I rather have Slash in the band? Absolutely, but that ain't happening right now.

The worst thing I think I've done here is probably saying that people that like the new band better than the old band aren't real GnR fans. I believe that 100%, but I cannot prove it...plus I realize that a lot of the people here are younger and never really experienced GnR. GnR was more than just a band, it was something that I lived and experienced. It's not fair to label them as lesser fans just because they weren't old enough to understand what GnR was. For that, I apologize.

I want CD to be released...that's all I want. Either it will be great and I'll be happy that I have another great CD to listen to, or it will suck and (IMHO) bring the chances of a GnR reunion closer to being a reality. That's the best part about all this...I can't lose either way. The ony way I lose is if CD is delayed again or never comes out. :anger:

Whether they are kicking ass or not, is not the problem. The main issue is more : how can this band be considered as Guns N'Roses ? :question:

Great post hartjh14! rock1

matt and scott kill it for me!, i like the music, just scott's voice arrhh........ it's so shit, the dudes so fucking gay, how he acts... the shit he wears!.

I'd hate it if people like you and A_D were Velvet Revolver fans.

I tend to find that most Velvet Revolver fans are smarter, more mature, and definitely more interesting. :)

hey dead flower cry me a river over the gnr set list, you're such a little bitch!

take it like a man flower girl.

matt and scott kill it for me!, i like the music, just scott's voice arrhh........ it's so shit, the dudes so fucking gay, how he acts... the shit he wears!.

I tend to find that most Velvet Revolver fans are smarter, more mature, and definitely more interesting. :)

hey dead flower cry me a river over the gnr set list, you're such a little bitch!

GNR is playing the old stuff for the fans. These guys claim to be GNR fans but when a setlist has a lot of AFD songs, they complain. Most of those songs are staples of any GNR concert. Axl has no intention of denying the fans the songs they want to hear, as he said at Rock in Rio 3. After the CD is released, I'm sure they'll add some more new stuff into the set. I was happy with the setlist from the 12th, and sure it would have been cool if they played IRS and TWAT tonight, but they didn't. and if they don't play them on the 17th, yea i'll wish they would have, but I wont feel shortchanged because I saw a kickass GNR show full of great songs. and some of these guys feel they've been somehow shortchanged, and thats what I dont get.

...says a Brokeback Mountain fan... :)

trailer park boyzzzz

what is this? dumb and dumber?

do you and dead flower have your own club? special units! B1 aND B2

GNR is playing the old stuff for the fans. These guys claim to be GNR fans but when a setlist has a lot of AFD songs, they complain. Most of those songs are staples of any GNR concert. Axl has no intention of denying the fans the songs they want to hear, as he said at Rock in Rio 3. After the CD is released, I'm sure they'll add some more new stuff into the set. I was happy with the setlist from the 12th, and sure it would have been cool if they played IRS and TWAT tonight, but they didn't. and if they don't play them on the 17th, yea i'll wish they would have, but I wont feel shortchanged because I saw a kickass GNR show full of great songs. and some of these guys feel they've been somehow shortchanged, and thats what I dont get.

thats right, there playing AFD songs for the fans, yet some ass clowns still complain!.

Oh dear. Was this really the setlist for tonight?

1. Welcome to the Jungle - Past glories

2. It's So Easy - Past glories

3. Mr. Brownstone - Past glories

4. Rocket Queen - Past glories

5. Dizzy piano solo / The Blues

6. Live and Let Die - Past glories

7. Fortus and Finck solo / Knockin' on Heaven's Door - Past glories

8. Sweet Child O' Mine - Past glories

9. Better

10. You Could Be Mine - Past glories

11. Sweet Child O' Mine - Past glories

12. November Rain - Past glories

13. Bumblefoot solo / Oh My God

14. My Michelle (ft. Sebastian Bach) - Past glories

15. Out ta Get Me - Past glories

16. Chinese Democracy

17. Patience - Past glories

18. Nightrain - Past glories

19. Fortus solo / Paradise City - Past glories

This is getting worse. This really is 2002 all over again. :scared:

How can Axl expect to regain any credibility by just rehashing old songs?

9. Better

16. Chinese Democracy

Axl is playing what the majority of the fans who are at the shows want to hear. like it or not. At least he isn't shunning GNR's roots like some of the ex-members of the band are lately. After what happened in 2002, I really thought I might have seen my last GNR show, and now I get to see them again in 3 days! I'm not going to worry about minor details like a song or two i hope to hear not being played.

9. Better

16. Chinese Democracy

! go bitch where someone wants to listen to you man, i guess that means your closet

axl has had all the glory in this world, what you got?........go home

Then, if Axl is in a "democratic mood", he should also listen to the majority who is asking for a reunion... :xmasssanta:

you talk like thats completely in Axl's hands? I dont think its that simple. And I wouldn't be so sure the majority want a reunion at this point. There is much more interest in Chinese Democracy right now. Get over your reunion bullshit.

Then, if Axl is in a "democratic mood", he should also listen to the majority who is asking for a reunion... :xmasssanta:

you talk like thats completely in Axl's hands? I dont think its that simple. And I wouldn't be so sure the majority want a reunion at this point. There is much more interest in Chinese Democracy right now. Get over your reunion bullshit.

But you've just said that the fans wanted to hear the AFD songs!!! How is it living in denial ? :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Edited by Alan Niveen

we all know delusion ain't real !, the MAJORITY of gnr fans would like a reunion!, tho i agree it's not as simple as it seems, and that it's just not axl's fault!.

the MAJORITY of gnr fans would like a reunion!, tho i agree it's not as simple as it seems, and that it's just not axl's fault!.

Not me. Especially if Axl's still content to just play old songs. I've got my my GnR bootlegs for that.

I want new material. So I hope Slash and Duff stay with Velvet Revolver and continue creating new and fresh kickass music like they did with Contraband. :)

the MAJORITY of gnr fans would like a reunion!, tho i agree it's not as simple as it seems, and that it's just not axl's fault!.

Not me. Especially if Axl's still content to just play old songs. I've got my my GnR bootlegs for that.

I want new material. So I hope Slash and Duff stay with Velvet Revolver and continue creating new and fresh kickass music like they did with Contraband. :)

no one cares about you tho.

does anyone think slash would have been so put off by "other band" questions if everyone was asking about snakepit?

doubtful, but no one cares about snakepit either. but he was happy to answer Micheal Jackson questions :drevil:

But you've just said that the fans wanted to hear the AFD songs!!! How is it living in denial ? :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

No, this way we get the old stuff AND Chinese Democracy. Much better.

Why is everyone talkin shit about Slash now. I don't care what anyone says no one will ever be able to play the old songs like Slash. The new stuff doesn't seem to be his style but I'm sure him and Axl could get together and write some songs like the good old days ;)

Slash does and always will belong in GN'R

Your damn right man. And 2 every1else once again :anger: STOP TALKING SHIT ABOUT SLASH!!!

9. Better

16. Chinese Democracy

:rofl-lol: That's a damn good setlist despite the fact that it has VERY little new songs. I know a lot u r yearning 2 listen 2 new material but the setlist mentioned wouldn't have disappointed unless Axl failed 2 deliver but that's not what I heard.