NY Reviews

mr.drummin

Now that there back, everybody got shit to say. Like I said before, never satisfied! It don't really matter, you'll find out for your self.

I say you shut up. This is a reasonable question and we are having a reasonable discussion, don't bring that fucking shit in here.

I apologize Super but it gets real frustrating when everybody doesn't have it the way they want it.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Having 3 guitarists is a different matter entirely. Do these new (and old) songs, need Steve Vai-esque shredding? I don't think so.

do they not need them? I could just imagine the shit you would be talking if these guys played everything exactly as it was recorded by Slash or Izzy.

Purely nonsensical. There is only one question, and I asked it.

ok. no, they don't need them, but obviously they are wanted there. i wasn't aware the you were in charge of GNR's musical direction.

so do they not need them?

I don't think they do. Please stop taking outside shots.

Of course they dont need a virtuoso guitarist in the band....but i dont see why anyone would complain about having one.

Theres no downsides to having an amazing guitarist in the band....sure finck is good and could pull of most if not all the other solo's etc....but why not have an awesome fast solo to kick up songs another notch.

Why this band’s gut-level songs now require the ornamentation of a wizardly guitarist at all remains unclear. It makes the band more atemporal, more Vegas-y, than necessary.

I agree, why?

although I happen to like Bumblefoot alot I still agrees. And I've said that since Bucket joined.

I think having three guitarists is cool, especially when they all jam together at the end of Paradise City.

rock4

Missing the point.

Having 3 guitarists is a different matter entirely. Do these new (and old) songs, need Steve Vai-esque shredding? I don't think so.

do they not need them? I could just imagine the shit you would be talking if these guys played everything exactly as it was recorded by Slash or Izzy.

ok. no, they don't need them, but obviously they are wanted there. i wasn't aware the you were in charge of GNR's musical direction.

Dude, you have a strange and totally indefensible style of arguing. It makes me uncomfortable that you think you are in the right, here.

Dude, you have a strange and totally indefensible style of arguing. It makes me uncomfortable that you think you are in the right, here.

I don't like when others go off-topic, the question is, do GNR need a guitar virtuoso? If you can't contemplate that, don't post.

I thought this was a good point, can anyone tell me why GNR needs a guitar virtuoso?

it just puts the band on a level they weren't at before. Yes Robin Finck is great, hes the best. He's the greatest guitar player in rock right now. But its always cool to have a few different styles there, your band can do more that way. I wouldn't have minded if it was just Robin and Richard, that would have been fine.. but this Bumblefoot character seems a great fit.

OMG...you continue to take stupidity to a new level...congratulations.

I completely agree that this incarnation comes off as a Vegas-type act. Other than the fact that they tour, it's no different than a David Lee Roth playing Van Halen songs in a Vegas show. Hire some musicians, tweak the songs a little & throw in some fancy stage effects. I think Axl will have to deal with this perception as long as his act is based on covering the older GNR catalogue. What I can't understand is why he wouyld want to play old school GNR songs & face this criticism when he supposedly has all these new songs ready to go. I thought he was the one who wanted to grow musically & leave the past behing? Guess not.

I completely agree that this incarnation comes off as a Vegas-type act. Other than the fact that they tour, it's no different than a David Lee Roth playing Van Halen songs in a Vegas show. Hire some musicians, tweak the songs a little & throw in some fancy stage effects. I think Axl will have to deal with this perception as long as his act is based on covering the older GNR catalogue. What I can't understand is why he wouyld want to play old school GNR songs & face this criticism when he supposedly has all these new songs ready to go. I thought he was the one who wanted to grow musically & leave the past behing? Guess not.

Exactly. If his new music is that good, why is it a couple of the new songs mixed in to a show dominated by AFD and UYI songs? I can't wait until CD is released and Axl tours on the merits of his new music and the old stuff plays a supporting role.

Right now GnR is a cover band playing to a small crowd of people that overall support Axl and don't give a shit about any of the rest of the guys as long as Axl is there. Let's see what the future holds...

I think Axl has a plan of what his band should consist of, and what his new music will sound like. Obviously having a a guitar "shredder" is one piece of that plan. After we hear the album it may become more clear to all of us. I like the move.

Edited by JEEP11

I think Axl has a plan of what his band should consist of, and what his new music will sound like. Obviously having a a guitar "shredder" is one piece of that plan. After we hear the album it may become more clear to all of us. I like the move.

it still wont be clear to these dipshits who just want something to bitch about.

GNR doesn't need this, GNR doesn't need that. you dumbfucks haven't even heard Chinese Democracy, none of have so we can't begin to imagine what GNR needs now. The only person who knows what GNR needs is Axl.

But, having a player capable of what Bumblefoot (or Buckethead) can do is unnecessary for this band.

for the older songs...yes..

for the newer songs..no..

J.Walker

I don't really agree, this incarnation of GNR is not symphonic black metal or anything.

I hate to go off topic, I really do, but black metal is not about musicianship at all...

Ok, now that I got that out of the way. I personally want to see the new GNR succeed just like the original did, so if Axl thinks 3 guitarists are necessary, well then I guess they are. Sure I'd rather have Slash and Izzy back but for the forseeable future that's not gonna happen, so I'll accept that and enjoy this version of Guns. Hopefully a US tour will occur soon and they will play more new songs because the album will be out(hopefully.)

For the last time:

THIS IS NOT ABOUT HAVING 3 GUITARISTS.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

There must be more left in GNR. Axl needs a Bumblefoot to take GNR to the next level in the studio. I still think there are some monster tracks in the vault that will make Coma or Locomotive look like Driving Miss Daisy. I think Axl has everything he wants on stage with him. It must be comforting to have confidence in his band, knowing a Bumblefuck type can cover anything, do anything.

I