matt sorum bashing!

what does axl say when hes introducing brian mantia on the drums?

something like, 'sabastian bach said to me today, where was he when you hired Matt'

bit of a negative thing to say as he met Matt recently!

or have i got the introduction complelty wrong!

Edited by Slash n' Burn

Leagues ahead? why would you say that. maybe he suits this new line up better but matt sorum has more than justified himself as a talanted musican. Hes played drums for many big bands and he has even set up his own studios and stuff.

who fucking cares. No one said Matt isn't talented. Baz has performed with both drummers at one point, I think he is entitled to his opinion on this. And Matt is NOT coming back. who fucking cares.

Its not like everything Matt has ever said about Axl has been exactly pleasant.

Leagues ahead? why would you say that. maybe he suits this new line up better but matt sorum has more than justified himself as a talanted musican. Hes played drums for many big bands and he has even set up his own studios and stuff.

who fucking cares. No one said Matt isn't talented. Baz has performed with both drummers at one point, I think he is entitled to his opinion on this. And Matt is NOT coming back. who fucking cares.

Great post, but calm the fuck down. Nobody mentioned Matt coming back at all.

brain is a great drummer who suits the new line up but matt sorum has never done anything wrong. he did a job for gnr and he did it well. i just wanted to know what it was that axl said and now i know but that was a pointless coment to make by axl!

I know that, the reason I said that is because being that he isn't going to be back in the band, it doesn't matter. If he was taking the stage with Axl again, it'd be one thing for baz to make those comments, but he's not.

brain is a great drummer who suits the new line up but matt sorum has never done anything wrong. he did a job for gnr and he did it well. i just wanted to know what it was that axl said and now i know but that was a pointless coment to make by axl!

He might of heard about Matt when he said he hadn't 'thought about Axl or the band since '96' even though they met up recently before that and they apparently got along. I don't know

What's that about Izzy?

Edited by GNR'R

Agreed, and he doesn't look like a headbanging hedgehog while playing either.

I laughed myself to tears reading this one. Remember the days of his drum solos? My god, I tried so hard not to look at his hair and ruin the experience.

:rofl-lol:

~M

Haha, yeah. One night, my ex-girlfriend and I were watching the Oklahoma 92 DVD and we were just relaxing n' talkin', n' the drum solo comes on and she was like, you know, Matt's a good drummer and all but he looks like a headbanging hedgehog. It was one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

they will, and it's annoying.

enjoy the ride

He might of heard about Matt when he said he hadn't 'thought about Axl or the band since '96' even though they met up recently before that and they apparently got along. I don't know

What's that about Izzy?

Axl ranted on Izzy back in 2002 on some of the gigs. Can't remember what about exactly.

The English translation of A-D's last sentence: "Matt told the truth about Axl...what an asshole"

I agree that Brain is the best drummer GNR has seen..... And ill leave it at that.

^ Whoever mentioned Izzy, Axl was talking about how Izzy was always wasted and would fuck up the songs... So the roadies would always turn his amps down.

Ahh ok I couldn't remember. Thanks.

see sig! i dont think it was anything personal. Its just that Brain is leagues ahead of Matt in almost every way.

Brian Mantia is just another journeyman musician. nothing special. Matt Sorum has had huge albums with The Cult, GnR and Velvet Revolver. Brian is a nobody. If he leaves GnR tomorrow he is forgotten.

see sig! i dont think it was anything personal. Its just that Brain is leagues ahead of Matt in almost every way.

Brian Mantia is just another journeyman musician. nothing special. Matt Sorum has had huge albums with The Cult, GnR and Velvet Revolver. Brian is a nobody. If he leaves GnR tomorrow he is forgotten.

Those so-called "nobodies" are the ones who have a tremendous impact on music when they find the right opportunities. Matt's had a good ride, and he is a decent drummer, but his latest work is absolutely generic and far from memorable.