Better

Guest Apollo

Guest Apollo

Better sounds fucking amazing live. This song is going to be huge. This should be their first single, not IRS.

Anybody at the concert - can you tell me who was tearing it up on guitar during the song? Thanks.

I was there and it was Robin taking over the shred duties on Better...he was phenomenal all night I give him a ton more credit than I did before

Not according to the thread below...

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=71021

welcome to the jungle ;1st solo - finck, 2nd - fortus

its so easy - 1st & 2nd - finck

mr brownstone - finck

better - finck and shredding ron thal

live n let die - finck

madagascar - fortus did the bucket part, sounded way heavier

Kohd - i cant remember maybe ron thal

my michelle - finck

patience - finck, with others on accoustics

november rain - fotus, finck, ron thal

irs - finck, then ron thal

the blues - finck then fortus on outro

twat - finck first solo, then second solo, -ron thal on outro

chinese democ. - finck, then ron thal

paradise city- finck, then everyone at end

nightrain -fortus on first solo, then finck on the pre second solo, thne fortus and i think ron thal, shared the later solo

out ta get me- finck, then ron thal

all i can remember for now

good question who need a answer. and we need a answer now, motherfuckers

all i want to know is if Brain has learned how to play You Could Be Mine yet? He can play everything else, but it stumps me how he cudnt manage that.

Yeah, definitely looks like Ron Thal is the saving "replacement" to the missing Buckethead arpegios we all worried about, as some suspected it needed to be someone else, and it is.

This is from the NY Times article in the news section.

The newest of the seven musicians backing up Mr. Rose on Friday, one of its three guitarists, is Ron Thal, also known as Bumblefoot. (One of his guitars has been designed to look like the bottom of a foot, with bumblebee stripes.) He takes up the role of the pyrotechnic shredder, vacated in 2004 by the guitarist Buckethead. At certain points in the show, including a few discontinuous unaccompanied solos, he accelerated to impressively fast chromatic runs; he also played some lavish, Hendrix-influenced blues language.

good question who need a answer. and we need a answer now, motherfuckers

all i want to know is if Brain has learned how to play You Could Be Mine yet? He can play everything else, but it stumps me how he cudnt manage that.

He improved YCBM very much :) As whole band :)

Better sounds fucking amazing live. This song is going to be huge. This should be their first single, not IRS.

Anybody at the concert - can you tell me who was tearing it up on guitar during the song? Thanks.

It might be just me and a few other people in Europe, but "Better" did nothing for me, except confuse me a little with its odd baroque intro, while "IRS" blew me away.

What we need is a faster "IRS" - like the one Axl played last night - and a slower "Madagascar" - which they also did at NYC May 12 and I really liked, as that one was my favourite version last time - and we are rolling. "Better" needs to be rockier too but remains a damn good song.:)