Anyone here bootlegging Tonights show?

johnyd473

If I were to guess and apply pure speculation, I'd say they're shooting "B-Roll" footage for either a DVD or a Video.

-darknemus

Perhaps the start, I give you my guarantee. I've heard from a mate of mine doing pyros at some of the shows later this year, that Gn'R will be recording all their shows, but it's likely only those taken in countries (filmed) such as the Scandinavian countries will become a DVD, to make sure that the crowd aren't singing along, and so that they've got some practice in for the latter shows.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when i went to the velvet revolver concert in australia heaps of people had video cameras and where openly filming in front of security and the band. They cant stop mobile phone bootlegs but im sure Axl will stop Video cameras if he is anything like he was in the past

If I were to guess and apply pure speculation, I'd say they're shooting "B-Roll" footage for either a DVD or a Video.

-darknemus

Perhaps the start, I give you my guarantee. I've heard from a mate of mine doing pyros at some of the shows later this year, that Gn'R will be recording all their shows, but it's likely only those taken in countries (filmed) such as the Scandinavian countries will become a DVD, to make sure that the crowd aren't singing along, and so that they've got some practice in for the latter shows.

I imagine that they could block out the noise from the audience and take the soundboard :rolleyes:

I bringing my in Sony minidisc recorder. It's the size of a pack of cigs. Plan to be there early enough to get on spot front row of the mezz so i have a clear path for the music. Hope it works since i've never tried this before.

!!!!!!!!! hope it works aswell :D You will be popular on this forum if it does work, and to a good quality :D:D

I bringing my in Sony minidisc recorder. It's the size of a pack of cigs. Plan to be there early enough to get on spot front row of the mezz so i have a clear path for the music. Hope it works since i've never tried this before.

!!!!!!!!! hope it works aswell :D You will be popular on this forum if it does work, and to a good quality :D:D

Well, the show should definetly sound better with the next few shows. First nite is always a bit fuzzy. The soundman make adjustments for all the folks in the building as compared to a empty venue. When i saw the black crowes on there comeback shows at hammerstein i was at the 1st nite and the 4th nite. Sound was sooooo much better in the 4th.

-darknemus

I imagine that they could block out the noise from the audience and take the soundboard :rolleyes:

Most soundboards will also have the audience recorded too. If it was a 'pure' soundboard, you wouldn't be able to hear the drums. Thats like the UYI DVD's, shot in Tokyo so there were very few singing along, and yet it was packed out and they all cheered after each song. They didn't have a clue what it meant, unlike English speaking audiences. Axl also tends to rant less abroad than he does in English speaking countries, which sells DVD's without some guy bitching.

-darknemus

Are you saying that the crowd in other countries can't sing along because English is not their first language?

I bet every single person going to one of the gnr concerts outside new york can sing along. There are a lot of people on this forum for whom English is not their first language but they can still post on the forum ,from some people their English is better than from others, but they all speak English so why do you think they can't sing along?????

Are you saying that the crowd in other countries can't sing along because English is not their first language?

I'm not excluding them, no. But in comparison to other boots, the audience in those countries is far quieter, and sings far less than those in English speaking countries

I bet every single person going to one of the gnr concerts outside new york can sing along. There are a lot of people on this forum for whom English is not their first language but they can still post on the forum ,from some people their English is better than from others, but they all speak English so why do you think they can't sing along?????

They're welcome too, although I challenge you to find many people from the 02.22.92 UYI dvd singing along.

Exactly....(@ W. AXL ROSE)

i hope some people record some of the shows here in europe too...Im going to that finnish show myself, but firstly, i dont have the stuff needed to rec a good quality audio or a video, and i wouldnt want to risk it too, being kicked out i mean. And i think a lot of other fans here feel the same...

Edited by Kert

I'm not excluding them, no. But in comparison to other boots, the audience in those countries is far quieter, and sings far less than those in English speaking countries.

Go listen Madrid,1993 Estadio Vicente Calderón ;)

Hide it in your crotch ;) They won't check your balls thats for sure :P

If those cameras were just for the 'big video screen' then why the hell were they filming audience shots / reactions / pumping the audience up a good 10-15 mins BEFORE Guns hit the stage? I mean slow pans, lots of zooms.. the camera guy pointing at people encouraging them to get wild, etc.

None of this was shown on the large video screens as they weren't even active yet.

-darknemus

They did that on the 2002 shows too

If those cameras were just for the 'big video screen' then why the hell were they filming audience shots / reactions / pumping the audience up a good 10-15 mins BEFORE Guns hit the stage? I mean slow pans, lots of zooms.. the camera guy pointing at people encouraging them to get wild, etc.

None of this was shown on the large video screens as they weren't even active yet.

That could be true - but it is common for film crews to film the audience before hand. The stolen tapes from Chicago 92 show this all too well, they've done it at almost every gig i've been too.

But, yes, it could be for a DVD.

R.

To sandman:

Ofcourse you can't hear people singing along on the dvd you're talking about, they wouldn't use bad recordings for a dvd

but I can understand it's not as bad as the guy on the recording of the 12th daaaaaaaaamn that guy must have been annoying for the people next to him :anger:

And if you are recording audio, don't sing along, and stop anyone else who tries.

I agree.

we want to hear Axl voice.

YOU. STOP ENJOYING YOURSELF AT THIS CONCERT YOU MORON. I'M TRYING TO RECORD AUDIO FOR AN INTERNET FORUM.

:rolleyes: