Live Blogging thread for Sunday, May 14th.

darknemus

they also said:

"I thought his voice was very impressive in some parts, but I really thought that he was still suffering on other songs from losing his voice just a day ago.

But on Nightrain the second to last song he had a little left in reserve and just killed it!!

But on some songs he sounded weaker and/or they were losing him in the mix.

But he seemed really pumped up and into his performance!!"

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So if he blew his voice out Friday, and struggled with some parts today, HOW on earth is he going to sing tomorrow?

He's losing it.

If he cancels tomorrow they might as well just scrap the entire tour, because he's never going to make it through Europe if he can't keep his voice.

It's over Johnny.. it's over.

Hey guys... remember that these are WARM UP shows.... it's possible that Axl thought the band fucked up a few of the old songs on Friday night and wanted to redo them again tonight... and then he obviously wanted to bring RQ into the set list... so that eats up a slot right there... and it is LATE SUNDAY NIGHT with ANOTHER show to take place in a matter of hours... so I'm not surprised if tonight was a bit shorter/blander.

SO WHAT. Everybody there just got treated to a live band rehearsal as they get ready to go conqueor Europe... NOBODY should be complaining. Concerts are luck of the draw. I know plenty of fans in St. Louis, Montreal, Vancouver and Philadelphia who would of cut their arms off to have attended that kind of a show.

Hey guys... remember that these are WARM UP shows.... it's possible that Axl thought the band fucked up a few of the old songs on Friday night and wanted to redo them again tonight... and then he obviously wanted to bring RQ into the set list... so that eats up a slot right there... and it is LATE SUNDAY NIGHT with ANOTHER show to take place in a matter of hours... so I'm not surprised if tonight was a bit shorter/blander.

SO WHAT. Everybody there just got treated to a live band rehearsal as they get ready to go conqueor Europe... NOBODY should be complaining. Concerts are luck of the draw. I know plenty of fans in St. Louis, Montreal, Vancouver and Philadelphia who would of cut their arms off to have attended that kind of a show.

exactly. these are WARMUP shows. The setlist will probably change a little bit each night and will vary. We might get some new songs, we might not.

dont forget about florida hell yah

Axl said he had completely lost his voice yesterday. Everything gone!!

He said Baz pointed him to a vocal and throat expert and that it saved the day.

Axl was freaked out because he wouldn't be able to do the show if he voice never came back!!!!"

Well, he was out clubbing Saturday night, couldn't be THAT bad.

My main concern is between Friday and today, he had a full day to rest his voice(i.e. not sing), and now he's going into shows on consecutive nights...I'm just ready to accept the fact that tomorrow is gonna be cancelled, and I'm gonna get screwed out of seeing GNR twice in a row..

Edited by TheWildheart

Axl really ain't technical when it comes to his singing. He's awesome and his voice is one of my favourites, but he's too no-holds-barred and the way he sings is pretty dangerous for someone who has a long list of tour dates to follow through on. He doesn't sing at rehearsal and I don't know how much he actually practices on his own time. Sebastian on the other hand, has pipes of steel. He takes vocal lessons from all different teachers and practices Italian opera scales before every performance. He's never had vocal problems in his life and he knows every trick to safe rock-singing. That's why he's good enough to take professional Broadway singers to school and play leading roles in major productions. I'm not here to put Bas over Axl or anything, but it's just the reality considering Axl's history of voice problems. I fear for the fate of these upcoming shows now. :unsure:

Edited by bluesy

hes got to realize hes not in his twenties anymore, he has to make some exercise with his voice if he wants to make it through the whole tour this time, especially considering hes been out of practice for a long time he cant take that for granted

bas once again saves it for the fans! cool guy

No audio yet at all, man this is getting scary....might we go 4 shows and get nothing????

Here's a couple of tracks to tide you over:

Better: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2efykf

The Blues: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qv5obk

Better and The Blues from last night.

The person who recorded them only posted those two before going to bed last night. He did record the whole show, though, so we'll probably get more late this AM, or this afternoon.