We KNOW now that Axl is a liar.

Carne_asaDA

Because the majority of the public have no idea about GN'R and the majority of the forum members don't want one.

LOL how old are these majority members of this forum? And how old are you since you don't want an reunion either??

I agree it should stop with the reunion talk since it's boring but every early fan i know wants an reunion.

I'm 22 and have been a fan for about 12 years so of course i missed the AFD years but i caught the end of the Use Your Illusion years and i fell in love with the band there and then but a reunion goes against everything Axl has worked so hard to achieve and don't fucking patronize me because you have been a fan from the very start, some of us were not as lucky as you to be born so early.

I'm 28 and went to various concerts during the illusion tours. When i went to a new concert in 2002 i didn't even watch the band but just Axl. I don't take the other guys that serious. It's just Axl in my eyes with a bunch of hired guys. All the people i grew up with being big fan of GnR think the same. Only younger people i speak who where to young too visit concerts and realy get into music like the new band more then the old. So i think most of the fans especially the older ones want the REAL GnR back.

But i get so sick and tired of people talking about the reunion. It ain't gonna happen for a while and if it happens we will see. For that time i enjoy Axl and the hired guys very much and i anticipate the new music. But is it really GnR for me? I guess not but i still like it.

I like the old band better than the new but only because the new GN'R have yet to release an album and have a successful tour. I'm just tired of people wanting reunions, Axl doesn't want one and it won't happen. Yes you may want it but you don't always get what you want. I listen to old GN'R nearly everyday and wish so many times that i could of seen them live but i couldn't and i missed out but now i have the chance to see new GN'R at Download and i'm going to be so excited at the prospect of seeing Guns N' Roses.

Sure but you gotta believe me that is used to have a very special feeling. GUNS N ROSES the most notorious rock group at the time. Everybody was talking about them, everyday in the news, everybody in my school was discussing the albums, the concerts and the media attention. So when i'm seeing a concert this summer i ain't saying i'm seeing Guns N Roses. I always say i'm going to see Axl!!! rock3

exactly. same here.

I'm glad more older fans are backing me on this one. Because you can watch all the bootlegs you get but it still won't give the same feeling as being in the era when they were the most talked band in the world. You couldn't open a magazine withouth them being in it with the most outraged stories. And remember back then you didn't have the internet to get al the latest information and leaks. You have to go out and buy some bootlegs with ALLOT of luck and the knowing the right people. And then the magic moment you buy a ticket and saw the biggest and most notorious band in the world live. The excitement when Slash played a solo on top of Axl's piano and his raw, raw voice that he has seemed to lost (hope it is back a bit since this year).

But overall it's hard to explain. And then when you saw the freak show of 2002 INCLUDING Axl with his rediculous hiphop clothing it make me feel very very sad. To see Axl on those new pictures and without a complete freak show with gimmicks on stage it made me feel allot better. And his voice seems to be better also. So go Axl and go hired guys. rock3

I don't think it's hard to explain, you explained it well. You come across to me like a fan from the start who has seen it all and now it's very different but in a good way in my opinion.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the majority of the public have no idea about GN'R and the majority of the forum members don't want one.

LOL how old are these majority members of this forum? And how old are you since you don't want an reunion either??

I agree it should stop with the reunion talk since it's boring but every early fan i know wants an reunion.

I'm 22 and have been a fan for about 12 years so of course i missed the AFD years but i caught the end of the Use Your Illusion years and i fell in love with the band there and then but a reunion goes against everything Axl has worked so hard to achieve and don't fucking patronize me because you have been a fan from the very start, some of us were not as lucky as you to be born so early.

I'm 28 and went to various concerts during the illusion tours. When i went to a new concert in 2002 i didn't even watch the band but just Axl. I don't take the other guys that serious. It's just Axl in my eyes with a bunch of hired guys. All the people i grew up with being big fan of GnR think the same. Only younger people i speak who where to young too visit concerts and realy get into music like the new band more then the old. So i think most of the fans especially the older ones want the REAL GnR back.

But i get so sick and tired of people talking about the reunion. It ain't gonna happen for a while and if it happens we will see. For that time i enjoy Axl and the hired guys very much and i anticipate the new music. But is it really GnR for me? I guess not but i still like it.

I like the old band better than the new but only because the new GN'R have yet to release an album and have a successful tour. I'm just tired of people wanting reunions, Axl doesn't want one and it won't happen. Yes you may want it but you don't always get what you want. I listen to old GN'R nearly everyday and wish so many times that i could of seen them live but i couldn't and i missed out but now i have the chance to see new GN'R at Download and i'm going to be so excited at the prospect of seeing Guns N' Roses.

Sure but you gotta believe me that is used to have a very special feeling. GUNS N ROSES the most notorious rock group at the time. Everybody was talking about them, everyday in the news, everybody in my school was discussing the albums, the concerts and the media attention. So when i'm seeing a concert this summer i ain't saying i'm seeing Guns N Roses. I always say i'm going to see Axl!!! rock3

exactly. same here.

I'm glad more older fans are backing me on this one. Because you can watch all the bootlegs you get but it still won't give the same feeling as being in the era when they were the most talked band in the world. You couldn't open a magazine withouth them being in it with the most outraged stories. And remember back then you didn't have the internet to get al the latest information and leaks. You have to go out and buy some bootlegs with ALLOT of luck and the knowing the right people. And then the magic moment you buy a ticket and saw the biggest and most notorious band in the world live. The excitement when Slash played a solo on top of Axl's piano and his raw, raw voice that he has seemed to lost (hope it is back a bit since this year).

But overall it's hard to explain. And then when you saw the freak show of 2002 INCLUDING Axl with his rediculous hiphop clothing it make me feel very very sad. To see Axl on those new pictures and without a complete freak show with gimmicks on stage it made me feel allot better. And his voice seems to be better also. So go Axl and go hired guys. rock3

I don't think it's hard to explain, you explained it well. You come across to me like a fan from the start who has seen it all and now it's very different but in a good way in my opinion.

Yeah i like the new leaked songs allot. Even if it is not with the real GnR. But Axl still has allot of talent. And i'm so happy he choose some normal ROCK clothes again to hit the stage. It was so strange to haven't seen him for years and all of a sudden he is looking like a washed up hiphopper LOL. And his voice was also very strange compared to the past.

But i'm glad he is back and looking strong. His voice also seemed allot better reading the reviews and the bad quality bootlegs. Just sit back and enjoy the ride i guess. If there will be a reunion it would be great but remember it still would be totally diffent from their peek. Those times will never come back. ;)

Been a fans since 89 and don't want a reunion and for that im not a true fan?

Well tough fucking shit - i will not be brainwashed into thinking Slash back in GnR is a good thing.

GnR take the stage tonight in the form Axl chooses - you dont like it well tough fucking shit.When you reunion dinosaurs are done blowing eachother and learn to realise some people don't want the same as you i will happily debate with you.

This thread is a joke(although mildly entertaining!)

So in short, Axl said Slash visited Axl's house last October, Slash said he would respond, then months later he did, 'staged', only 24 hours after GNR's return... Err, H E L L O! , and Slash said "he didn't", so Axl was lying?

If that's what honestly 'floats your boat' and it helps you "cope" as Guns N' Roses take the stage tonight, then that's dandy-o with me! :xmasssanta: B)

Axl!!lol's !lying!0!! ! :anger::lol: FFS.....

UK SUBS.

Staged??? You people amaze me. You reach your hardest for any conspiracy.

DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL.

All Slash had to do was say yes he did it or no he didn't. That's all.

Unlike Axl, who let the reunion rumors ride in order to promote the shows.

Who's riding the coattails??

Enjoy it while it lasts. :rolleyes:

So in short, Axl said Slash visited Axl's house last October, Slash said he would respond, then months later he did, 'staged', only 24 hours after GNR's return... Err, H E L L O! , and Slash said "he didn't", so Axl was lying?

If that's what honestly 'floats your boat' and it helps you "cope" as Guns N' Roses take the stage tonight, then that's dandy-o with me! :xmasssanta: B)

UK SUBS.

DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL.

Strange that you forget how long Slash waited before commenting , still he couldn't have been choosing a moment when Axl relaunched things to get maximum publicity?

UK SUBS.

DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL.

Right back at ya, VR and long term success? We'll see ;)

29 and dont want a reunion ;)

29 here also...

Slash is an excelent guitar player, but that's that. The thing is Mr. Slash and ex-gnrs didn't cared a bit about GNR as a group and their millions of fans when they decided to leave and they still don't. That was absolutly clear to me while i was hearing Slash and Matt talking last night. And if a reunion took place, it would be shallow on their part (interesting word).

Some dreams are exactly that: dreams.

Give the new gnr a break - "if something works, don't touch it" :book:

Well tough fucking shit - i will not be brainwashed into thinking Slash back in GnR is a good thing.

GnR take the stage tonight in the form Axl chooses - you dont like it well tough fucking shit.When you reunion dinosaurs are done blowing eachother and learn to realise some people don't want the same as you i will happily debate with you.

You are one of the few. But you are 25+?

But i respect your opinion. Still weird that you won't love to see the real band together that created all those classics and you had the posters on the wall and visited and saw in ALL the videoclips and concerts. But i respect your opinion and i also like the new songs allot. I just see it different and don't really see it as GnR but as Axl. And i'm still a fan of Axl. :)

UK SUBS.

DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL.

Strange that you forget how long Slash waited before commenting , still he couldn't have been choosing a moment when Axl relaunched things to get maximum publicity?

Just like Axl who took CD ran away and hid until the Contraband parade was over.

Slash is an excelent guitar player, but that's that. The thing is Mr. Slash and ex-gnrs didn't cared a bit about GNR as a group and their millions of fans when they decided to leave and they still don't.

The people who have been hired by Axl aren't even fans of Guns N'Roses!!!!!!

Edited by Alan Niveen

Post of the day - If anything, I'm glad those junkies are out of the band. I've seen what Slash and Duff can do on their own with VR, and I don't want that boring shit messing up GNR.

Axl, Robin, Richard, et al have so much more creative energy it's not even funny.

As for the Axl vs. Slash lying thing, how can anyone be sure? It's a he-said she-said situation, and I don't believe either one of them for the time being. The fact that Slash waited so fucking long to shoot down the rumors is suspicious, though.

Slash is an excelent guitar player, but that's that. The thing is Mr. Slash and ex-gnrs didn't cared a bit about GNR as a group and their millions of fans when they decided to leave and they still don't.

The people who are in the band right now aren't even fans of Guns N'Roses!!!!!!

Slash once said that if he would of stayed in the band, it would not of been the best thing for the fans.

Post of the day - If anything, I'm glad those junkies are out of the band. I've seen what Slash and Duff can do on their own with VR, and I don't want that boring shit messing up GNR.

Axl, Robin, Richard, et al have so much more creative energy it's not even funny.

As for the Axl vs. Slash lying thing, how can anyone be sure? It's a he-said she-said situation, and I don't believe either one of them for the time being. The fact that Slash waited so fucking long to shoot down the rumors is suspicious, though.

rock3

Yes, I would say that does not make you a true GnR fan. That makes you an Axl Rose fan, which is a fine thing to be (I guess), but it is quite different from being a GnR fan.

The band called GnR will take the stage tonight in whatever form 1 member of the band that has actually written any of the released music chooses. This is fact. I don't think anyone will debate that with you. However, if you are so blind that you don't understand why we will not accept this band as Guns n Roses at this point, there is no point in debating anything with you. Let's see if/when CD is released how it does...then the discussion will have a lot more substance to it.

At this point it would just be me making logical statements and you calling me names for using logic...I think I'll pass on that one (for now).

You are one of the few. But you are 25+?

But i respect your opinion. Still weird that you won't love to see the real band together that created all those classics and you had the posters on the wall and visited and saw in ALL the videoclips and concerts. But i respect your opinion and i also like the new songs allot. I just see it different and don't really see it as GnR but as Axl. And i'm still a fan of Axl. :)

My opinion comes from the fact i want to see what this lineup can do and the fact i just don't see a reunion working ( at least not for some years )Slash and Axl hated eachother in the end and i dont see any evidence that it has changed - yet selfish people would see them both miserable just to pander to them? strange :drevil:

Guns N' Roses are performing in the way Axl chooses, not supporting that will not change things.

If GnR do there thing and then a reunion happens i won't be hyped but i wont be offended either.Yes i did see Original GnR and i have seen current GnR and honestly i enjoyed current much more.I appreciate the old line up but have embraced a new line up that i think rocks.If i was 14 years old i could see the point in some saying i know nothing but im an old war horse.Some people here need to learn respect for the fact i can have a different opinion and like a different lineup < not aimed at you just some of the bloody minded people not open to opinions.

If people don't like this lineup then fine but allow those that do to enjoy it as " real " fans ;)

god why is thread still open and stop bitches about whos lieing :unsure:

Why are Axl fans scared to address this?? Why do they just want to sweep it under the rug??? :rolleyes:

hahaha where all gnr and vr fans god damm grow up

All you fucking haters go to a fucking VR board. This thread is bullshit and needs locked.

Truth hurt??

Yeah, A_D isn't interested in the truth, just his imaginary world where everybody loves his idea of what GnR is.

All you fucking haters go to a fucking VR board. This thread is bullshit and needs locked.

Truth hurt??

Of course you would believe Slash, you prefer Slash to Axl and that's fine but give it a rest about calling Axl a liar as whose to say he is and Slash isn't? You're a Velvet Revolver fan first and a Guns N' Roses fan second that's fine too but face the fact that Guns N' Roses are back and more than likely going to be looking down their noses at VR as they will rise to the top.

UK SUBS.

DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL.

Just like Axl who took CD ran away and hid until the Contraband parade was over.

If you are correct and Axl hid from the contraband parade then you are wrong in your statement, Slash has waiting untill Axl has launched before opening his pie hole, by your definition Axl hid away so its not the same.

Axl hid from contraband?

Credibility just flew out the window ;)

Truth hurt??

Of course you would believe Slash, you prefer Slash to Axl and that's fine but give it a rest about calling Axl a liar as whose to say he is and Slash isn't? You're a Velvet Revolver fan first and a Guns N' Roses fan second that's fine too but face the fact that Guns N' Roses are back and more than likely going to be looking down their noses at VR as they will rise to the top.

i aint on nobody side i like both bands