We KNOW now that Axl is a liar.

Carne_asaDA

Contraband was a good album. I enjoyed both of the recent interviews. It sounded like Friday's show was great. I excitedly anticipate both bands' albums.

contraband was an alright album, but i think scott weiland is a crap live singer. i was at the live 8 concert in london, and slash's guitar playing was brilliant, but scotts vocals were pathetic on the whole.

Because the majority of the public have no idea about GN'R and the majority of the forum members don't want one.

LOL how old are these majority members of this forum? And how old are you since you don't want an reunion either??

I agree it should stop with the reunion talk since it's boring but every early fan i know wants an reunion.

I'm 22 and have been a fan for about 12 years so of course i missed the AFD years but i caught the end of the Use Your Illusion years and i fell in love with the band there and then but a reunion goes against everything Axl has worked so hard to achieve and don't fucking patronize me because you have been a fan from the very start, some of us were not as lucky as you to be born so early.

I'm 28 and went to various concerts during the illusion tours. When i went to a new concert in 2002 i didn't even watch the band but just Axl. I don't take the other guys that serious. It's just Axl in my eyes with a bunch of hired guys. All the people i grew up with being big fan of GnR think the same. Only younger people i speak who where to young too visit concerts and realy get into music like the new band more then the old. So i think most of the fans especially the older ones want the REAL GnR back.

But i get so sick and tired of people talking about the reunion. It ain't gonna happen for a while and if it happens we will see. For that time i enjoy Axl and the hired guys very much and i anticipate the new music. But is it really GnR for me? I guess not but i still like it.

i do want a reunion, but believe it or not im going to download in june. but like you said, in my mind it will be axl with hired guys.

Because the majority of the public have no idea about GN'R and the majority of the forum members don't want one.

LOL how old are these majority members of this forum? And how old are you since you don't want an reunion either??

I agree it should stop with the reunion talk since it's boring but every early fan i know wants an reunion.

I'm 22 and have been a fan for about 12 years so of course i missed the AFD years but i caught the end of the Use Your Illusion years and i fell in love with the band there and then but a reunion goes against everything Axl has worked so hard to achieve and don't fucking patronize me because you have been a fan from the very start, some of us were not as lucky as you to be born so early.

I'm 28 and went to various concerts during the illusion tours. When i went to a new concert in 2002 i didn't even watch the band but just Axl. I don't take the other guys that serious. It's just Axl in my eyes with a bunch of hired guys. All the people i grew up with being big fan of GnR think the same. Only younger people i speak who where to young too visit concerts and realy get into music like the new band more then the old. So i think most of the fans especially the older ones want the REAL GnR back.

But i get so sick and tired of people talking about the reunion. It ain't gonna happen for a while and if it happens we will see. For that time i enjoy Axl and the hired guys very much and i anticipate the new music. But is it really GnR for me? I guess not but i still like it.

i do want a reunion, but believe it or not im going to download in june. but like you said, in my mind it will be axl with hired guys.

Yeah i used to get very excited too see the band playing. To see Slash on stage, and Duff on the bass etc.

Do you think i get excited when i see a new member playing some of the Slash solo's??? No i don't even care about the new members. Who the fuck are they? Not even Dizzy since i didn't care for him when i was younger.

But do i enjoy the new band? Ofcourse, this is a way to hear the music i know and love since my teenage years. I'm a still a big fan? Maybe not so much as i used to be in the past since it is the Axl show now. But i'm still excited and anticipating Axl's new music. :)

Scott Weiland is a great frontman and he has already achieved ICON status even before he joined VR.

A junkie heroin status more likely! ......No one cares for FRAUD boy....he got lucky and hooked up with Slash!

I definitely agree with all these!!!

And I add that there wouldn't be discussions if only Axl would call himself Axl and not GnR!

I'll go to see him in Milan as i went to see SLASH 3 times with VR... SLASH should know I did it because i really love him since I CAN'T STAND scott at ALL!!!!

He is disgusting!

Someone say he doesn't look at Axl's band new members...well as well I as I do and as well as I don't look at scott!

Axl would have been successfull even without using the GnR name I guess...

He stole it from the other guys ............................... not fair play man!

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What puzzles me with all this reunion talk is the piss-poor logic of it all: Why would any of you want to see a band of people that really want nothing to do with eachother... up on stage together? Aside from Slash and Duff, at least. Matt doesn't count, as he's not an original member. IMO, a reunion would reek of a cash and media grab and would be totally against the spirit of GNR.

Slash is an excelent guitar player, but that's that. The thing is Mr. Slash and ex-gnrs didn't cared a bit about GNR as a group and their millions of fans when they decided to leave and they still don't.

The people who are in the band right now aren't even fans of Guns N'Roses!!!!!!

Slash once said that if he would of stayed in the band, it would not of been the best thing for the fans.

Ron said he is a big fan of GN'R and even Slash

I'm not reading all 17 pages, so this may have already been brought up, but..

We already KNEW Axl was full of shit. Remember the Rolling Stone article where said he hasn't spoken to Slash in over 10 years, and that he wishes him the best?

Then about a month later Axl comes out and says Slash visits his house unannounced and trashes his entire band.

So which one is it, Axl!?

Give me a break, he's lying out of his ass. Like Slash said, just trying to drum up hype for the tour.

Contraband was a good album. I enjoyed both of the recent interviews. It sounded like Friday's show was great. I excitedly anticipate both bands' albums.

contraband was an alright album, but i think scott weiland is a crap live singer. i was at the live 8 concert in london, and slash's guitar playing was brilliant, but scotts vocals were pathetic on the whole.

Yeah i used to get very excited too see the band playing. To see Slash on stage, and Duff on the bass etc.

Do you think i get excited when i see a new member playing some of the Slash solo's??? No i don't even care about the new members. Who the fuck are they? Not even Dizzy since i didn't care for him when i was younger.

But do i enjoy the new band? Ofcourse, this is a way to hear the music i know and love since my teenage years. I'm a still a big fan? Maybe not so much as i used to be in the past since it is the Axl show now. But i'm still excited and anticipating Axl's new music. :)

Scott Weiland is a great frontman and he has already achieved ICON status even before he joined VR.

A junkie heroin status more likely! ......No one cares for FRAUD boy....he got lucky and hooked up with Slash!

I definitely agree with all these!!!

And I add that there wouldn't be discussions if only Axl would call himself Axl and not GnR!

I'll go to see him in Milan as i went to see SLASH 3 times with VR... SLASH should know I did it because i really love him since I CAN'T STAND scott at ALL!!!!

He is disgusting!

Someone say he doesn't look at Axl's band new members...well as well I as I do and as well as I don't look at scott!

Axl would have been successfull even without using the GnR name I guess...

He stole it from the other guys ............................... not fair play man!

He didn't steal it, they gave it up without a fight ;)

All you fucking haters go to a fucking VR board. This thread is bullshit and needs locked.

Truth hurt??

Of course you would believe Slash, you prefer Slash to Axl and that's fine but give it a rest about calling Axl a liar as whose to say he is and Slash isn't? You're a Velvet Revolver fan first and a Guns N' Roses fan second that's fine too but face the fact that Guns N' Roses are back and more than likely going to be looking down their noses at VR as they will rise to the top.

Let me explain once again why I believe Slash in this. Slash went on the air, soley to tackle all rumors and go head on. It was un-filtered. Anybody could call and ask anything.

This is what Axl did, he sent out a press release but held back a paragraph accusing Slash of backstabbing VR. No explanation for this.

He let the reunion rumors ride so he could use that as promotion.

Slash showed balls here.

god why is thread still open and stop bitches about whos lieing :unsure:

Why are Axl fans scared to address this?? Why do they just want to sweep it under the rug??? :rolleyes:

Address the fact you say Axl is lying with no proof?

If you can provide proof that Axl is lying and Slash is telling the truth then i will address it but i honestly don't see any proof :drevil:

Provide proof if you have it?

Your best attempt is that Slash addressed the issue head on?

Yes he did , after he took a long time to think about addressing the comments!

Edited by GET OFF AXLS BACK

All you fucking haters go to a fucking VR board. This thread is bullshit and needs locked.

Truth hurt??

we dont' know what the fucking truth is. two stories collide. You beleive what you want asshole, but this board is for the fans of GNR, and your precious Slash isn't part of that anymore, so fuck off.

god why is thread still open and stop bitches about whos lieing :unsure:

Why are Axl fans scared to address this?? Why do they just want to sweep it under the rug??? :rolleyes:

Address the fact you say Axl is lying with no proof?

If you can provide proof that Axl is lying and Slash is telling the truth then i will address it but i honestly don't see any proof :drevil:

Provide proof if you have it?

Your best attempt is that Slash addressed the issue head on?

Yes he did , after he took a long time to think about addressing the comments!

This goes back to my original post. You know it is possible that not all of the members keep track of all the bs rumors that circulate the net you know.

Besides, Axl was proven a liar months ago.

GOAB,

We have no evidence that Axl isn't lying either. He should have proven what he said in his statement.

Thats my point, we have no evidence either way but your right , Axl should have backed up his claims.

Im not saying he is innocent just that we don't know the truth, and never will ;)

Truth hurt??

we dont' know what the fucking truth is. two stories collide. You beleive what you want asshole, but this board is for the fans of GNR, and your precious Slash isn't part of that anymore, so fuck off.

As long as Appetite for Destruction, and UYI 1&2 are on record shelves - Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Matt/Adler are Guns N' Roses. It's too bad that you can't handle it, but nobody does, has, or will ever give a fuck about Robin Finck, Richard Fortus and the rest of those scrubs in Axl Rose's G'n'R cover band.

Truth hurt??

Way to get credibilty :drevil:

I understand the frustration but that is uncalled for and does your argument no help.

I love New GnR and Axl but the section you are posted in does not say New GnR forum but GnR forum so it includes all incanations of GnR ;)

As long as Appetite for Destruction, and UYI 1&2 are on record shelves - Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Matt/Adler are Guns N' Roses. It's too bad that you can't handle it, but nobody does, has, or will ever give a fuck about Robin Finck, Richard Fortus and the rest of those scrubs in Axl Rose's G'n'R cover band.

That band is what GNR is NOW. You are wasting your time trolling boards for bands you no longer like son. Get a fucking life.

Sorry, its just Axl and a bunch of hired musicians. I don't care what they call themselves.

If John Bonham, John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page left Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant hired a bunch of scrubs to go out on tour with him and play Led Zeppelin songs, would you still call it Led Zeppelin?

Fuck no.

This is nothing more than a G'n'R cover band.

i tend to swing both sides on this..

theres truth to what nugnr fans and old gnr fans are saying

I will always be a fan of the old lineup, real guns n roses for me, the only time GnR felt like a band and not a bunch of session players

first and foremost i'm a fan of the band as a whole, so it's difficult for me to take sides on Axl or S;lash

but on a second note, i'll always support Axl and all this years hes been trying to go a very different direction , you can tell he doesn't want a reunion and i respect that and that's why i also support this new incarnation of the band even if it's not what i ultimately want

and aside from that i'll keep on following slash and co on vr too, even if i dont dig scott very much

What Axl is doing is as if Paul McCartney decided to recreate The Beatles hiring Lenny Kravitz and Noel Gallagher on guitars and Dave Grohl on drums. :)

Can you imagine how happy would be The Beatles' fans ?

No, wait. What Axl is doing is even worse. :(

Edited by Alan Niveen

What Axl is doing is as if Paul McCartney decided to recreate The Beatles hiring Lenny Kravitz and Noel Gallagher on guitars and Dave Grohl on drums. :)

No, wait. What Axl is doing is even worse. :(

It's nothing like that. The Beatles broke up where as Axl has always been Guns N' Roses he has never gone off and done different projects like Paul did.

The only explanation is if one of them is actually Bi-Polar and does'nt remember what they say

Why would Rose say such things, when all it would take is Slash to go out there and deny it and make him look like a fucking lying yapping woman? :wub:

It doesn't make any sense no matter how I look at it. Are we supposed to believe that Slash was so annebriated that he babbled all of that crap and does'nt remember it?

I'm tired of this soap opera shit.

Gilmour & Waters never spoke untill recently and that only ended because of the Live 8 thing. These two hated each other more than Axl & Slash I believe. Neither of them should ever mention each other again and shit like this will just go away