We KNOW now that Axl is a liar.

Carne_asaDA

You know what. Axl SHOULDN'T rename the band. You know why? Because, whether by savvy, threats, slickness, or a combination of all three, he managed to get the other members to sign the name over to him. Possession is 9/10ths of the law and all that. Some people hate Axl for that - personally, I think it makes him a cunning slick son of a bitch - and I admire that quality in a person. Those other members had their say.. they WILLINGLY GAVE IT UP. Think about that for a minute. They didn't look to the future and what doing that meant... chance favors the prepared.

The man protected his interests - and I'd bet most of you would do the same in his position. Sometimes, you have to be a little snarky to get what you want. In Axl's situation, that snarkiness is a gamble.. yes.. but I feel that, in the end, it will truly pay off. The Hammerstein is where those dividends began to truly show up.. and it only gets better from here.

-darknemus

If that's how Axl saw GNR then : :vomit:

exactly. that shows a completely fucked up side to axl. greedy, selfish, controlling side. he is one of the best frontmen around today, no doubt about that.

axl rose touring is great. we need to hear old gnr songs played live again. i just take issue with them calling themselves and their new songs gnr.

i dont think VR are going anywhere with scott weiland. hes a crap singer. if slash, izzy, duff matt and axl sorted their problems out and reunited we'd be witnessing one of the greatest rock and roll reformations in history.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

[

I perfectly agree with this one!

And you know what?

Axl didn't release any record yet because he deosn't feel confindent about it without the original members!

And you know what all u SLASH haters?

I wonder why u're GnR fanses since all GnR material since now is BY SLASH!

All the songs u sing along and get crazy for are by SLASH

All the riffs that make u jump and the solos that make you cry are from SLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLASH and Axl together could be considered GnR Axl alone is only Axl Rose, that is a lot anyway but it's not GnR...he misses the guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and you are certain of this because.........

I'm certain of what?

Do u think Fink or Bucket or who did write November rain solo?

Or WTTJ riff?

And I could name all of them...........

If u're a fan of GnR is because of old songs can't be otherwise since we don't have anything more!

So please explain how could you like old GnR as well as new if they're so different?

I mean I like Axl I think he is amazing but still he needs the rest of the band to be GnR

Facts:

1- VR needs Slash to survive.

2- GNR doesn't.

You are hilarious dude.

Axl will have his few minutes of success after CD is released because of the name. But after CD dies out. It's all over!!!!!!!!! Trust me.

VR is here to stay.

You are even more hilarious. Do you honestly believe VR are here to stay :laugh: i don't think so. They are very talented musicians but can they write amazing music for years to come? I personally don't think they can. Guns N' Roses on the other hand are also very talented musicians but have that extra thing called Axl Rose who can produce roses from a pile of shit, that's how amazing his song writing is.

EDIT: Another kick ass post by darnemus rock3 They didn't have to sign over their rights but they did.

True Axl can write, but when you do business based on being a liar and a fraud, shit catches up with you. :rolleyes:

Don't be suprised when his current lineup walks out on him when they get sick of his bullshit.

Velvet Revolver are a band who want to rock n' roll and have a great time. Guns N' Roses are band who want to rock n' roll and conquer the music world and i have no doubts they will do. Axl isn't a fraud, what you see is what you get. I sadly can't see into the future so i don't know if any of the band members will walk out but what i do know is that there will be thousands of musicians wanting to replace the void left.

Facts:

2- GNR doesn't.

You are hilarious dude.

Axl will have his few minutes of success after CD is released because of the name. But after CD dies out. It's all over!!!!!!!!! Trust me.

VR is here to stay.

You are even more hilarious. Do you honestly believe VR are here to stay :laugh: i don't think so. They are very talented musicians but can they write amazing music for years to come? I personally don't think they can. Guns N' Roses on the other hand are also very talented musicians but have that extra thing called Axl Rose who can produce roses from a pile of shit, that's how amazing his song writing is.

EDIT: Another kick ass post by darnemus rock3 They didn't have to sign over their rights but they did.

True Axl can write, but when you do business based on being a liar and a fraud, shit catches up with you. :rolleyes:

Don't be suprised when his current lineup walks out on him when they get sick of his bullshit.

Good thing it looks like that won't be happening anytime soon ;) They've stuck with him for this long and judging by reviews seems like they were having a fuckin great time last night. :)

Guns N' Roses = Axl Rose, Robin Finck, Ron Thal, Richard Fortus, Tommy Stinson, Brian Mantia, Dizzy Reed, Chris Pittman

Don't like it? Well, that's too bad. But no amount of bitching is gonna change the current situation. It's that simple.

Well i know loads of people who say Guns n roses: Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Matt/steven. They don't care about GnR anymore because it's just a group of people playing the old songs with Axl and created some new songs with Axl. And in their opinion Axl ain't GnR but part of the old GnR. I respect those peoples opinions. Some of you kids clearly don't and start cursing people out.

Facts:

2- GNR doesn't.

You are hilarious dude.

VR is here to stay.

Good thing it looks like that won't be happening anytime soon ;) They've stuck with him for this long and judging by reviews seems like they were having a fuckin great time last night. :)

I don't think that they got their full dose of Axl yet. Keep in mind Slash, Duff, and Matt were on tour with him for 2 and a half years.

[

i dont think VR are going anywhere with scott weiland. hes a crap singer. if slash, izzy, duff matt and axl sorted their problems out and reunited we'd be witnessing one of the greatest rock and roll reformations in history.

That's so true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder how can they stuck with that shitty singer................

Please SLASH move on!

At least Rod Jackson could sing!!!!!!!

Facts:

2- GNR doesn't.

You are hilarious dude.

VR is here to stay.

I don't think that they got their full dose of Axl yet. Keep in mind Slash, Duff, and Matt were on tour with him for 2 and a half years.

Dude give it up..you've been saying the same shit for years and the band has still been fuckin solid behind Axl with the exception of Buckethead.

Facts:

2- GNR doesn't.

You are hilarious dude.

VR is here to stay.

Dude give it up..you've been saying the same shit for years and the band has still been fuckin solid behind Axl with the exception of Buckethead.

You call all of the band members doing side projects for the past 4 years being "solid"???

Head out of your ass my friend.

Edited by da_illest_in_402

You know what. Axl SHOULDN'T rename the band. You know why? Because, whether by savvy, threats, slickness, or a combination of all three, he managed to get the other members to sign the name over to him. Possession is 9/10ths of the law and all that. Some people hate Axl for that - personally, I think it makes him a cunning slick son of a bitch - and I admire that quality in a person. Those other members had their say.. they WILLINGLY GAVE IT UP. Think about that for a minute. They didn't look to the future and what doing that meant... chance favors the prepared.

The man protected his interests - and I'd bet most of you would do the same in his position. Sometimes, you have to be a little snarky to get what you want. In Axl's situation, that snarkiness is a gamble.. yes.. but I feel that, in the end, it will truly pay off. The Hammerstein is where those dividends began to truly show up.. and it only gets better from here.

-darknemus

For fucks sake stop with the reunion posts, it ain't gonna happen and i for one don't want it to.

exactly. that shows a completely fucked up side to axl. greedy, selfish, controlling side. he is one of the best frontmen around today, no doubt about that.

axl rose touring is great. we need to hear old gnr songs played live again. i just take issue with them calling themselves and their new songs gnr.

For fucks sake stop with the reunion posts, it ain't gonna happen and i for one don't want it to

Edited by Mama Kin

-darknemus

For fucks sake stop with the reunion posts, it ain't gonna happen and i for one don't want it to.

For fucks sake stop with the reunion posts, it ain't gonna happen and i for one don't want it to

you dont want one, but the majority of the public do.

Slash was on Matt's show. Do you really think Slash would tell Matt, "Yeah man, I said those things about you to Axl".

Uh, no. Probably not. It's a lot easier to say it never happened than to try to explain why it did.

Well I'm sure that they straightened out like grown men before they went public.

You'll understand when you get a little older.

-darknemus

Because the majority of the public have no idea about GN'R and the majority of the forum members don't want one.

-darknemus

Because the majority of the public have no idea about GN'R and the majority of the forum members don't want one.

i meant the majority of the public who are fans of GNR. dont for one minute try and claim that most gnr fans prefer a new gnr to the old gnr.

LOL how old are these majority members of this forum? And how old are you since you don't want an reunion either??

I agree it should stop with the reunion talk since it's boring but every early fan i know wants an reunion.

Edited by authorized_dealer

Contraband was a good album. I enjoyed both of the recent interviews. It sounded like Friday's show was great. I excitedly anticipate both bands' albums.

contraband was an alright album, but i think scott weiland is a crap live singer. i was at the live 8 concert in london, and slash's guitar playing was brilliant, but scotts vocals were pathetic on the whole.

LOL how old are these majority members of this forum? And how old are you since you don't want an reunion either??

I agree it should stop with the reunion talk since it's boring but every early fan i know wants an reunion.

I'm 22 and have been a fan for about 12 years so of course i missed the AFD years but i caught the end of the Use Your Illusion years and i fell in love with the band there and then but a reunion goes against everything Axl has worked so hard to achieve and don't fucking patronize me because you have been a fan from the very start, some of us were not as lucky as you to be born so early.

Edited by Mama Kin