We KNOW now that Axl is a liar.

Carne_asaDA

Because the majority of the public have no idea about GN'R and the majority of the forum members don't want one.

LOL how old are these majority members of this forum? And how old are you since you don't want an reunion either??

I agree it should stop with the reunion talk since it's boring but every early fan i know wants an reunion.

exactly. and im only 20. i was 1 when appeitie for destruction came out and 5 when use your illusion came out. i wasnt old enough to even appreciate gnr during their prime, but i want an old reunion. im not a 35 year old looking back to when i was 20 wanting the old days to return. i wasnt even old enough, and even i want a reunion.

Because the majority of the public have no idea about GN'R and the majority of the forum members don't want one.

LOL how old are these majority members of this forum? And how old are you since you don't want an reunion either??

I agree it should stop with the reunion talk since it's boring but every early fan i know wants an reunion.

I'm 22 and have been a fan for about 12 years so of course i missed the AFD years but i caught the end of the Use Your Illusion years and i fell in love with the band there and then but a reunion goes against everything Axl has worked so hard to achieve and don't fucking patronize me because you have been a fan from the very start, some of us were not as lucky as you to be born so early.

why would a reunion go against everything axl has worked on? the majority of his shows are taken up by old gnr songs. no one is saying the old gnr members should take any credit for anything on chinese democracy if there ever is a reunion.

Edited by Original GNR

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 22 and have been a fan for about 12 years so of course i missed the AFD years but i caught the end of the Use Your Illusion years and i fell in love with e band there and then but a reunion goes against everything Axl has worked so hard to achieve and don't fucking patronize me because you have been a fan from the very start, some of us were not as lucky as you to be born so early.

You need to understand this is why you have no idea what it is to be a Guns n Roses fan. I'm sorry, but if you didn't experience it, you don't get it. If you've been a fan for 12 years, this joke of a band is all you know...it's not your fault, it's just the way it is. Those of us that were around know what it means to be a Guns n Roses fan and not an Axl fan...there is a significant difference.

I can't help it that you weren't born early enough. It's ok to like the new band even, but anyone that says they are better clearly has no idea what GnR was.

why is it not ok to like both bands, VR and GNR?? Why does it always have to be a fucking contest between the two? they're not even really the same style of rock music. are you guys so narrow-minded that you can't accept and like both? I think some of you choose to hate VR because in your own head you think you'd be betraying Axl. Ridiculous. If you don't like the music, fine. If you don't like it just because it's not GNR, that's lame. Do you people compare ALL music to GNR? If so, you're missing out on alot of other great bands.

some people think Slash's timing to finally speak was just to try to take away from Axl's comeback. Bullshit. it was on some small indie station. most of us would have never known about it if madison hadn't posted that it was going to be on. if he was just out to try to take away from Axl, he could've went on Stern or another show with national syndication.

I'm 22 and have been a fan for about 12 years so of course i missed the AFD years but i caught the end of the Use Your Illusion years and i fell in love with e band there and then but a reunion goes against everything Axl has worked so hard to achieve and don't fucking patronize me because you have been a fan from the very start, some of us were not as lucky as you to be born so early.

You need to understand this is why you have no idea what it is to be a Guns n Roses fan. I'm sorry, but if you didn't experience it, you don't get it. If you've been a fan for 12 years, this joke of a band is all you know...it's not your fault, it's just the way it is. Those of us that were around know what it means to be a Guns n Roses fan and not an Axl fan...there is a significant difference.

I can't help it that you weren't born early enough. It's ok to like the new band even, but anyone that says they are better clearly has no idea what GnR was.

im only 20 and i 100% agree

Edited by Original GNR

I'm 22 and have been a fan for about 12 years so of course i missed the AFD years but i caught the end of the Use Your Illusion years and i fell in love with the band there and then but a reunion goes against everything Axl has worked so hard to achieve and don't fucking patronize me because you have been a fan from the very start, some of us were not as lucky as you to be born so early.

I'm 28 and went to various concerts during the illusion tours. When i went to a new concert in 2002 i didn't even watch the band but just Axl. I don't take the other guys that serious. It's just Axl in my eyes with a bunch of hired guys. All the people i grew up with being big fan of GnR think the same. Only younger people i speak who where to young too visit concerts and realy get into music like the new band more then the old. So i think most of the fans especially the older ones want the REAL GnR back.

But i get so sick and tired of people talking about the reunion. It ain't gonna happen for a while and if it happens we will see. For that time i enjoy Axl and the hired guys very much and i anticipate the new music. But is it really GnR for me? I guess not but i still like it.

I'm 28 and went to various concerts during the illusion tours. When i went to a new concert in 2002 i didn't even watch the band but just Axl. I don't take the other guys that serious. It's just Axl in my eyes with a bunch of hired guys. All the people i grew up with being big fan of GnR think the same. Only younger people i speak who where to young too visit concerts and realy get into music like the new band more then the old. So i think most of the fans especially the older ones want the REAL GnR back.

But i get so sick and tired of people talking about the reunion. It ain't gonna happen for a while and if it happens we will see. For that time i enjoy Axl and the hired guys very much and i anticipate the new music. But is it really GnR for me? I guess not but i still like it.

i do want a reunion, but believe it or not im going to download in june. but like you said, in my mind it will be axl with hired guys.

Finnaly the word is out. I wouldn't want to say it because it may offend people. But i guess your right.

I like the old band better than the new but only because the new GN'R have yet to release an album and have a successful tour. I'm just tired of people wanting reunions, Axl doesn't want one and it won't happen. Yes you may want it but you don't always get what you want. I listen to old GN'R nearly everyday and wish so many times that i could of seen them live but i couldn't and i missed out but now i have the chance to see new GN'R at Download and i'm going to be so excited at the prospect of seeing Guns N' Roses.

Edited by Mama Kin

i do want a reunion, but believe it or not im going to download in june. but like you said, in my mind it will be axl with hired guys.

Yeah i used to get very excited too see the band playing. To see Slash on stage, and Duff on the bass etc.

Do you think i get excited when i see a new member playing some of the Slash solo's??? No i don't even care about the new members. Who the fuck are they? Not even Dizzy since i didn't care for him when i was younger.

But do i enjoy the new band? Ofcourse, this is a way to hear the music i know and love since my teenage years. I'm a still a big fan? Maybe not so much as i used to be in the past since it is the Axl show now. But i'm still excited and anticipating Axl's new music. :)

this band was in my live since i was 14. different UYI shows, and not even that, not only music, it was my live, my livestyle, and that was not only axl, that was the whole old band.

right now, i grwe older, so i can live with axl`s trying new stuff with new guys. but seeing this guys isn`t the same for me.

People who went to shows with 16/17, drunk, got in trouble with their parents, in school an so on should know what i am talking about, and they can, as i do, like the new music, they would love to see the old guys back in the ring!!

I like the old band better than the new but only because the new GN'R have yet to release an album and have a successful tour. I'm just tired of people wanting reunions, Axl doesn't want one and it won't happen. Yes you may want it but you don't always get what you want. I listen to old GN'R nearly everyday and wish so many times that i could of seen them live but i couldn't and i missed out but now i have the chance to see new GN'R at Download and i'm going to be so excited at the prospect of seeing Guns N' Roses.

Sure but you gotta believe me that is used to have a very special feeling. GUNS N ROSES the most notorious rock group at the time. Everybody was talking about them, everyday in the news, everybody in my school was discussing the albums, the concerts and the media attention. So when i'm seeing a concert this summer i ain't saying i'm seeing Guns N Roses. I always say i'm going to see Axl!!! rock3

Scott Weiland is a great frontman and he has already achieved ICON status even before he joined VR.

A junkie heroin status more likely! ......No one cares for FRAUD boy....he got lucky and hooked up with Slash!

I'm sure Axl the fraud is enjoying the NYC "Splenda" right now.

The fact is, nobody cares about YOU!!!!!

You told your mom Happy Mother's day and she slapped the shit out of you. She told you "don't ever call me mom again." "Go back to your room!!"

Edited by da_illest_in_402

Sure but you gotta believe me that is used to have a very special feeling. GUNS N ROSES the most notorious rock group at the time. Everybody was talking about them, everyday in the news, everybody in my school was discussing the albums, the concerts and the media attention. So when i'm seeing a concert this summer i ain't saying i'm seeing Guns N Roses. I always say i'm going to see Axl!!! rock3

exactly. same here.

Scott Weiland is a great frontman and he has already achieved ICON status even before he joined VR.

A junkie heroin status more likely! ......No one cares for FRAUD boy....he got lucky and hooked up with Slash!

I'm sure Axl the fraud is enjoying the NYC "Splenda" right now.

i'm sure slash the fraud is smoking more than ever,

(imagines him dropping the ciggerrette in the shower, and burning a hole in his nutsack)

SO because Slash said it, it must be true?

I don't get your logic <_<

It's because was willing to address it openly and willingly. There was no filter. There was no stipulations or rules where certain topics could be brought up.

OMFG must you keep on going with your utterly stupid responses. The truth is plain and simple:

To quote you 'Get your head outta your ass and Slash's ass'. The only reason you believe Slash is because you 'love' the guy. You are a Slasheep who will believe anything your icon says, even if its complete bull.

Duff already all but confirmed that Slash actually went to see Rose. Yet you blind yourself and keep living in your imaginary world.

You must also be a bit, how do i say it, dumb. You are actually willing to believe everything a drunken junkie says. Get a life and learn that celebs are not perfect, even your beloved Slash.

The fact is if Axl releases an album full of farts it will sell more, get more media exposure than VR could ever achieve, this hurts you deeply.

Axl has again re-emerged and again we get the stupid Slash groupies like yourself getting their panties in a 'hush' and insulting him. I suggest you get your Contraband CD, Slashs snakepit etc.. and enjoy the music you like and write about it in VR forums. Dont expose yourself for what you truly are!!

I can't say for sure but if i was you then i might feel exactly the same, i can see your point of view as you have seen a band change so dramatically over the years. It's great too that you still can enjoy Guns N' Roses even though you say it's just Axl you're seeing :P

exactly. same here.

I'm glad more older fans are backing me on this one. Because you can watch all the bootlegs you get but it still won't give the same feeling as being in the era when they were the most talked band in the world. You couldn't open a magazine withouth them being in it with the most outraged stories. And remember back then you didn't have the internet to get al the latest information and leaks. You have to go out and buy some bootlegs with ALLOT of luck and the knowing the right people. And then the magic moment you buy a ticket and saw the biggest and most notorious band in the world live. The excitement when Slash played a solo on top of Axl's piano and his raw, raw voice that he has seemed to lost (hope it is back a bit since this year).

But overall it's hard to explain. And then when you saw the freak show of 2002 INCLUDING Axl with his rediculous hiphop clothing it make me feel very very sad. To see Axl on those new pictures and without a complete freak show with gimmicks on stage it made me feel allot better. And his voice seems to be better also. So go Axl and go hired guys. rock3

PS: I really LOVE the new leaks. And can't wait till Axl performs them live when i'm going.

Edited by authorized_dealer

:lol: