Guns N' Roses Play Comeback Gig

Guns N’Roses have done what many people doubted would ever happen – they’ve got through a gig together.

The band – now only compromising of one original member, singer Axl Rose – played a two-hour plus set at the first night of their four-show residency at New York’s Hammerstein Ballroom on Friday night.

Several aborted comebacks and the eternally delayed new album ‘Chinese Democracy’ raised suspicions Guns N’Roses would never take to the stage again, but the new eight-man line-up successfully got through their opening night.

They unveiled six songs from their upcoming album, and New York Times reviewer Ben Ratliff reports, “Mr. Rose’s voice sounded strong, even in his highest nasal shrieks, but the band wasn’t using the warm-up time to experiment.”

Source : http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=17099

I am not really seeing the "several aborted comebacks" the writer is mentioning, however I still think this is a positive review. Axl was awesome and the band proved itself. They need to tweak some of the values of the sound, so Axl's voice could cut through the music better. But the show was so fucking awesome on so many levels. No mentions how fantastic the stage looked and how "big" this show was. The lighting, effects & pyrotechnics were just phenominal. I have never seen anything this big before on such a small stage.