Concert Reviews From May 14 Show

also kind of just back, I thought tonite was better then Friday, but maybe that is cuz I had seats in the Mezzanine on Friday and the sound sucked there,,,also hung around after and got autos from Dizzy, Robin and Bumblefoot(Ron Thal)

And here they are for anyone that cares (I asked Bumble to sign his regular name cuz 2 nite earlier I had him sign it Bumbleoot, and he said he prefers being called by his regular name)

ticket,, ron robin dizzy

dizzy robin

Must.....have....Robins.....autograph.......

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest RonMexico82
robin was around after the show? :o I want to get my picture taken with him and his autograph.

He only poses for photos with ppl he trusts because he heard about you and doesn't like the idea of some freak jerking off relentlessly to his picture.

robin was around after the show? :o I want to get my picture taken with him and his autograph.

He only poses for photos with ppl he trusts because he heard about you and doesn't like the idea of some freak jerking off relentlessly to his picture.

:rofl-lol:

Somebady get me a Finck o graph :)

Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!

Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!Please!

do you really need to follow me around and attack me personally just because you disagree with the majority of my posts? i dont fuck with you ese..

do you really need to follow me around and attack me personally just because you disagree with the majority of my posts? i dont fuck with you ese..

Make that two fink o graphs AD ;)

goab WILL BE ETERNALY GREATFULL

Something I wondered about this show and the previous... how is the croud age-wise?

More young people, more old fans or a fair mixture of them?

Mostly people in their 20's and early 30's. I saw one guy on line who was in his late 40's dressed exactly like old school Axl....it was hysterical.

yea it sux, because I also wanted a photo with him but he came out the same time as dizzy and richard and I really wanted to get a photo with Dizzy and I was all excited and jumbled up and didnt know what to do,, I couldnt even get Richards autograph because Dizzy was using my Sharpie to sign everyone elses auto and I didnt want to grab it out of his hands or ask for it back

Something I wondered about this show and the previous... how is the croud age-wise?

More young people, more old fans or a fair mixture of them?

Mostly people in their 20's and early 30's. I saw one guy on line who was in his late 40's dressed exactly like old school Axl....it was hysterical.

haha is that the guy with the bandana long hair and the Kilt?

It was funny because this guy was constantly crowd surfing towards the front of the stage at the beginning of the show, and I definetly noticed Axl take a few second look at the guy...

thats 3! you, me, and fye! I hope I can get to him somehow! rock3 thats my mission while i'm in NY.

thats 3! you, me, and fye! I hope I can get to him somehow! rock3 thats my mission while i'm in NY.

So you there tonight or Weds?

To be honest any autograph would be cool, but Finck would rock as would BF rock3

So you there tonight or Weds?

To be honest any autograph would be cool, but Finck would rock as would BF rock3

I'm going Weds. Flying out of Phoenix tomorrow night and arriving in NY early on the 16th!

My Concert Review...

Left home with my brother from Jersey at around 1pm and took the Lincoln tunnel into the city…parked there on 35th between 7th and 8th at around 2 (there was traffic). Headed straight for Hammerstein Ballroom and then go to Mustang Harry’s when see the small line.

Got to Mustang Harry’s around 2:30 and meet Darknemus and mikeguiliana at the bar and chat for a while. Meet Bonnie chick from Boston there and she leaves at around 3 to go stand in line. We tell her we’ll be there at around 5:30 and stick around the bar with talking with some HTGTH peeps and jazjme, who first bootlegged the concert. That was cool. Got Dark’s phone # for later after-party use…go towards Hammerstein.

Meet Bonnie about one hundred people into the line with two friends that she made from Connecticut…umm…I forget their names…anyways…sit around, go to Starbucks and BK for dinner while the other two save our spots, get back and sit around for 2 more hours until they open the doors at 8:10ish…by that time the line was a full block and a half’s length. Mikeguiliana tried to get to the front of the line with someone he “knew” who then denied that she knew him so we let him cut in front of us. By this time Bonnie’s friend from Boston came off the train named Ben and we’re a group of 4 (the other Conn peeps had mezz seats and we had floor so we stuck together.

Get in the venue and get front row seats on the far right side! Buy a shirt and a Hoody for 80$. Bullet For My Valentine comes on at 8:35 and they’re not half bad…not exactly my cup of tea but bearable and almost pleasurable at some times…my head was boppin at some points, I’ll admit. The venue’s only half full at this point and Bonnie and I are getting well acquainted…:P Ah well, we finally start hooking up after BFMV stop playing and the music intermission is playing and the night just reaches a whole other level.

Lenny Kravitz came in and there’s a flurry of applause and lights shined in his direction…and then Sebastian Bach comes strolling out standing right fucking next to me in the VIP area and shakes my hand. Then the lights darken and the first notes of WTTJ resonate off of Robin’s guitar and the place breaks into frenzy. Axl comes out with the rest of the band and gives quite a performance for the set list you have all seen already I’m sure. Welcome to the Jungle, (sounded awesome) It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Rocket Queen (surprise!), Dizzy Solo leading into The Blues (messed up a bit on the vocals, not very clean), and this is where things started going a bit crazy for me.

There was this chick that seemed pretty much alone who was standing behind me and she was most definitely high on something similar to E (although she claims to have been clean). She started rocking out in violent manner and started humping me on the leg and…well…all over. That kicked ass for awhile…I mean…I was still holding onto Bonnie and this weird chick was all over me, but then it got rather ugly because she began head butting me when Live and Let Die’s pyrotechnics went off. Baz and the other VIP attractive gals and affiliates were cracking up throughout most of it cause she was just fucking nuts! After a while though it got annoying and I got the doctor that was on hand to check her out and it seemed that she was just…well…crazy I guess. At the end of the night before Nightrain started Baz looked at me and said… “Duudddde you better Fuck the shit out of that girl!! Sheeeeee’s been up on youuuuu all night!!! Actually…fuck her right now!! RIGHT NOW!” So I start to take off my shirt and go down under the fence the next time the chick went down on me. The guys started laughing and then the girl turned to me and said “You! Your father is up on stage!” (with a European accent) and then she points to Axl (Perhaps it’s my ginger red hair hehe)…and I laughed and turned to Baz and screamed “Hey! This horny girl thinks my father is Axl!!” He laughs and says “No man she’s got it wrong…he’s Uncle Axl!” The next time Axl comes out to finish off with Paradise City, I scream “LOOK THERE’S MY UNCLE!” and Baz and the guys crack up again…mmm…that was one highlight.

Other highlights were definitely the ‘Better’ bridge screaming and the pyrotechnics in the song although the European girl was rather obtrusive at that part. Another was Bumblefoot’s solo during NR, which was spectacular and had a shower of sparks that gave me quite a high. The guitar playing was immaculate btw- he really strutted his stuff. During Bumblefoot’s solo he was fucking awesome although didn’t get much feedback…the best part was when he let the people in the front row hit the strings…he seemed loose although a little standoffish. Axl introduced him as to have just joining 2 weeks ago and I checked with him about it and he confirmed it himself (more about that later).

Other musical highlights…Finke and Fortus’s dueling solo on a Christina Agulara song “You’re Beautiful” I think. It was rather funny but altogether moving. Nightrain probably gets the most energetic song…or tied with PC at least…the fucking solo lasted for 10 minutes or so it felt- first Fortus then Bumblefoot then Finke and they went back into the chorus which was followed by another Bumblefoot outro and finally finished. Truly the best version of the song I’ve ever heard/seen whatever. And Paradise City had an awesome energy to it…to close it out…confetti…Baz was rocking out with the confetti thing…haha…and another awesome solo by Bumblefoot and Finke jumped into the crowd like I heard he did on Friday. Finke did almost all the Slash solos awesomely with Fortus having his shining moments with Rocket Queen and his own passionate solo after Patience. The Blues was played different then in 2002 as well as CD which both changed in the intro. TWAT and I.R.S. and OMG were not played although it really didn’t matter to me, although…I.R.S. would have been nice…at least for the scream and the solo in the middle of the song. All in all...my best concert ever in my short lifespan.

After the show, at 1:15 went out with my brother and Bonnie (Ben had to leave to go back to Boston) and tried to find a party. Walked down to Mustang Harry’s, which was closed and then tried to find “Stitch” which wasn’t open either. And as we’re meandering…we hear this cheer and went sprinting in the direction of the scream. It seems that Axl just came out of the stage door and he didn’t sign any autographs and was being a jerk about it. So we decided to stick around and saw/got autographs on my tickets by Ron Thahl, (whom I gave the idea to play Guitars Suck and he really liked it…look for it on upcoming concerts J) then Finke and Fortus came next who were really cool, then came Dizzy along with his wife and kid…and Brain, Tommy, and Pittman never showed up L. Also darknemus...I tried calling him...and got him, but he said he'd call back but never did :(

At the signing we meet this guy I know from Guitarcenter in Totowa and he tells us where the party is supposed to be at…Bungalow 8 on 27th street and 10th...and so we walked ten blocks or so (first getting lost cuz we thought it was on 8th Ave grr…) only to find Dizzy being the last member to walk in and then being refused at the door. Bummed out but still energetic we four walked back the ten blocks to Bonnie’s hotel room and I give her a proper goodbye…and then we leave for home at about 4. Now it’s ten to 7 and I decided it’s not worth going to sleep because school is in less than 3 hours. Poor brother Rich though, he has a track meet today…hehe. So that’s my story of May 14th Concert.

Edited by stevGNR666

My Concert Review...

Left home with my brother from Jersey at around 1pm and took the Lincoln tunnel into the city…parked there on 35th between 7th and 8th at around 2 (there was traffic). Headed straight for Hammerstein Ballroom and then go to Mustang Harry’s when see the small line.

Got to Mustang Harry’s around 2:30 and meet Darknemus and mikeguiliana at the bar and chat for a while. Meet Bonnie chick from Boston there and she leaves at around 3 to go stand in line. We tell her we’ll be there at around 5:30 and stick around the bar with talking with some HTGTH peeps and jazjme, who first bootlegged the concert. That was cool. Got Dark’s phone # for later after-party use…go towards Hammerstein.

Meet Bonnie about one hundred people into the line with two friends that she made from Connecticut…umm…I forget their names…anyways…sit around, go to Starbucks and BK for dinner while the other two save our spots, get back and sit around for 2 more hours until they open the doors at 8:10ish…by that time the line was a full block and a half’s length. Mikeguiliana tried to get to the front of the line with someone he “knew” who then denied that she knew him so we let him cut in front of us. By this time Bonnie’s friend from Boston came off the train named Ben and we’re a group of 4 (the other Conn peeps had mezz seats and we had floor so we stuck together.

Get in the venue and get front row seats on the far right side! Buy a shirt and a Hoody for 80$. Bullet For My Valentine comes on at 8:35 and they’re not half bad…not exactly my cup of tea but bearable and almost pleasurable at some times…my head was boppin at some points, I’ll admit. The venue’s only half full at this point and Bonnie and I are getting well acquainted…:P Ah well, we finally start hooking up after BFMV stop playing and the music intermission is playing and the night just reaches a whole other level.

Lenny Kravitz came in and there’s a flurry of applause and lights shined in his direction…and then Sebastian Bach comes strolling out standing right fucking next to me in the VIP area and shakes my hand. Then the lights darken and the first notes of WTTJ resonate off of Robin’s guitar and the place breaks into frenzy. Axl comes out with the rest of the band and gives quite a performance for the set list you have all seen already I’m sure. Welcome to the Jungle, (sounded awesome) It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Rocket Queen (surprise!), Dizzy Solo leading into The Blues (messed up a bit on the vocals, not very clean), and this is where things started going a bit crazy for me.

There was this chick that seemed pretty much alone who was standing behind me and she was most definitely high on something similar to E (although she claims to have been clean). She started rocking out in violent manner and started humping me on the leg and…well…all over. That kicked ass for awhile…I mean…I was still holding onto Bonnie and this weird chick was all over me, but then it got rather ugly because she began head butting me when Live and Let Die’s pyrotechnics went off. Baz and the other VIP attractive gals and affiliates were cracking up throughout most of it cause she was just fucking nuts! After a while though it got annoying and I got the doctor that was on hand to check her out and it seemed that she was just…well…crazy I guess. At the end of the night before Nightrain started Baz looked at me and said… “Duudddde you better Fuck the shit out of that girl!! Sheeeeee’s been up on youuuuu all night!!! Actually…fuck her right now!! RIGHT NOW!” So I start to take off my shirt and go down under the fence the next time the chick went down on me. The guys started laughing and then the girl turned to me and said “You! Your father is up on stage!” (with a European accent) and then she points to Axl (Perhaps it’s my ginger red hair hehe)…and I laughed and turned to Baz and screamed “Hey! This horny girl thinks my father is Axl!!” He laughs and says “No man she’s got it wrong…he’s Uncle Axl!” The next time Axl comes out to finish off with Paradise City, I scream “LOOK THERE’S MY UNCLE!” and Baz and the guys crack up again…mmm…that was one highlight.

Other highlights were definitely the ‘Better’ bridge screaming and the pyrotechnics in the song although the European girl was rather obtrusive at that part. Another was Bumblefoot’s solo during NR, which was spectacular and had a shower of sparks that gave me quite a high. The guitar playing was immaculate btw- he really strutted his stuff. During Bumblefoot’s solo he was fucking awesome although didn’t get much feedback…the best part was when he let the people in the front row hit the strings…he seemed loose although a little standoffish. Axl introduced him as to have just joining 2 weeks ago and I checked with him about it and he confirmed it himself (more about that later).

Other musical highlights…Finke and Fortus’s dueling solo on a Christina Agulara song “You’re Beautiful” I think. It was rather funny but altogether moving. Nightrain probably gets the most energetic song…or tied with PC at least…the fucking solo lasted for 10 minutes or so it felt- first Fortus then Bumblefoot then Finke and they went back into the chorus which was followed by another Bumblefoot outro and finally finished. Truly the best version of the song I’ve ever heard/seen whatever. And Paradise City had an awesome energy to it…to close it out…confetti…Baz was rocking out with the confetti thing…haha…and another awesome solo by Bumblefoot and Finke jumped into the crowd like I heard he did on Friday. Finke did almost all the Slash solos awesomely with Fortus having his shining moments with Rocket Queen and his own passionate solo after Patience. The Blues was played different then in 2002 as well as CD which both changed in the intro. TWAT and I.R.S. and OMG were not played although it really didn’t matter to me, although…I.R.S. would have been nice…at least for the scream and the solo in the middle of the song. All in all...my best concert ever in my short lifespan.

After the show, at 1:15 went out with my brother and Bonnie (Ben had to leave to go back to Boston) and tried to find a party. Walked down to Mustang Harry’s, which was closed and then tried to find “Stitch” which wasn’t open either. And as we’re meandering…we hear this cheer and went sprinting in the direction of the scream. It seems that Axl just came out of the stage door and he didn’t sign any autographs and was being a jerk about it. So we decided to stick around and saw/got autographs on my tickets by Ron Thahl, (whom I gave the idea to play Guitars Suck and he really liked it…look for it on upcoming concerts J) then Finke and Fortus came next who were really cool, then came Dizzy along with his wife and kid…and Brain, Tommy, and Pittman never showed up L. Also darknemus...I tried calling him...and got him, but he said he'd call back but never did :(

At the signing we meet this guy I know from Guitarcenter in Totowa and he tells us where the party is supposed to be at…Bungalow 8 on 27th street and 10th...and so we walked ten blocks or so (first getting lost cuz we thought it was on 8th Ave grr…) only to find Dizzy being the last member to walk in and then being refused at the door. Bummed out but still energetic we four walked back the ten blocks to Bonnie’s hotel room and I give her a proper goodbye…and then we leave for home at about 4. Now it’s ten to 6 and I decided it’s not worth going to sleep because school is in less than 2 hours. Poor brother Rich though, he has a track meet today…hehe. So that’s my story of May 14th Concert.

GREAT REVIEW :)

steve man..I almost cant beleive some of that shit...

sounds awesome though...

Seems like ya had a Rockin' Time...

J.Walker

I swear man- all of those were exactly as they happened...i think Bonnie comes here...or perhaps it was HTGTH...although she's not a poster...

shit i left out the fact that she got dizzy and almost passed out during the concert...anyways...that was not a highlight :(

My Concert Review...

At the signing we meet this guy I know from Guitarcenter in Totowa and he tells us where the party is supposed to be at…Bungalow 8 on 27th street and 10th...and so we walked ten blocks or so (first getting lost cuz we thought it was on 8th Ave grr…) only to find Dizzy being the last member to walk in and then being refused at the door. Bummed out but still energetic we four walked back the ten blocks to Bonnie’s hotel room and I give her a proper goodbye…and then we leave for home at about 4. Now it’s ten to 7 and I decided it’s not worth going to sleep because school is in less than 3 hours. Poor brother Rich though, he has a track meet today…hehe. So that’s my story of May 14th Concert.

How'd You Get Into The VIP Area?

Just got home from the show after driving 6 hours so I'm frazzled.

Spoke to Ron Thal before the show for awile. Nice guy. He was standing in the lobby by himself when I walked in with my wife. Talked about his European fans, the French in particular. He gets much love in Europe.

I saw things a little different tonight from some of the other posts I saw.

I thought the guitar players were totally untogether. No disrespect to Ron but his solo spot there went absolutely nowhere. He found his groove in "Nightrain" for sure. Robin is the mainman without a doubt. He is "Carrying the load" of the leads I thought. Rons got a few of Buckets to deal with. This is going to take a min. to sort out.

I thought it was a mess for the most part, the whole show. I did not think it was "Great". I enjoyed a lot of it no doubt but the whole show was so disjointed and erratic.

Let's call a spade a spade = It was obvious to me that this band has a very long way to go before the show gets tight. That's what these shows are for and that's what they are doing. Axl had some nice "Bling" on. Over a Mil I bet. The diamond cross he was wearing was bananas. Better not walk out into the NY night with that on boss!!

I would much rather have seen Lenny Kravitz up there then Sebastion Bach!!!

Don't hate on me, it's just my humble opinion. I'm not looking to start trouble.

I'm "tapping out".

Drew Stone

www.stonefilmsnyc.com

Just got home from the show after driving 6 hours so I'm frazzled.

Spoke to Ron Thal before the show for awile. Nice guy. He was standing in the lobby by himself when I walked in with my wife. Talked about his European fans, the French in particular. He gets much love in Europe.

I saw things a little different tonight from some of the other posts I saw.

I thought the guitar players were totally untogether. No disrespect to Ron but his solo spot there went absolutely nowhere. He found his groove in "Nightrain" for sure. Robin is the mainman without a doubt. He is "Carrying the load" of the leads I thought. Rons got a few of Buckets to deal with. This is going to take a min. to sort out.

I thought it was a mess for the most part, the whole show. I did not think it was "Great". I enjoyed a lot of it no doubt but the whole show was so disjointed and erratic.

Let's call a spade a spade = It was obvious to me that this band has a very long way to go before the show gets tight. That's what these shows are for and that's what they are doing. Axl had some nice "Bling" on. Over a Mil I bet. The diamond cross he was wearing was bananas. Better not walk out into the NY night with that on boss!!

I would much rather have seen Lenny Kravitz up there then Sebastion Bach!!!

Don't hate on me, it's just my humble opinion. I'm not looking to start trouble.

I'm "tapping out".

Drew Stone

www.stonefilmsnyc.com

cool review man. like you said, these are warm up gigs so we can't expect them to be flawless.

I have 2 questions: Was Izzy there? And did Baz sing tonite with AXL?

No, Izzy wasn't there, and yes, Baz sang with Axl again. Axl gave a long speech thanking Baz for being a friend and for "saving his life." As others have mentioned, Axl said he blew his voice out and Baz lined him up with a throat specialist to fix it. I have to admit that it's a concern that Axl would blow his voice out after one performance. And - even more disturbing - is that he'd be out partying both Friday and Saturday night instead of resting his voice. ... I have to say this isn't a good sign for the future.

Axl's voice sounded fine for the show - although - as others have mentioned - he dumped a bunch of the newer songs from his playlist. Not sure why. No IRS. No Madagascar. No TWAT. Weird. One would think songs like Madagascar and TWAT would have been easier on his voice - than, say, Rocket Queen, which he added to tonight's playlist. *shrugs*

Overall, I thought Robin totally rocked again - very energetic and charismatic throughout the show. And I have to say Bumblefoot must have listened to fans' concerns because he started moving around the stage a bit more - which was cool.

At the end, Axl said he wanted to dedicate the show to his "mother" -- and then mentioned Beta's name.

Speaking of dedications - On Friday, Axl dedicated SCOM to "Caroline." Just remembered that and thought I'd mention it since I don't recall others mentioning it.

Anyway, I just got home about a half hour ago, and these are just a few quick thoughts from the show.

he probably dedicated it to "carolina"...like the song "sweet carolina"...i dno just a guess

I have 2 questions: Was Izzy there? And did Baz sing tonite with AXL?

No, Izzy wasn't there, and yes, Baz sang with Axl again. Axl gave a long speech thanking Baz for being a friend and for "saving his life." As others have mentioned, Axl said he blew his voice out and Baz lined him up with a throat specialist to fix it. I have to admit that it's a concern that Axl would blow his voice out after one performance. And - even more disturbing - is that he'd be out partying both Friday and Saturday night instead of resting his voice. ... I have to say this isn't a good sign for the future.

Axl's voice sounded fine for the show - although - as others have mentioned - he dumped a bunch of the newer songs from his playlist. Not sure why. No IRS. No Madagascar. No TWAT. Weird. One would think songs like Madagascar and TWAT would have been easier on his voice - than, say, Rocket Queen, which he added to tonight's playlist. *shrugs*

Overall, I thought Robin totally rocked again - very energetic and charismatic throughout the show. And I have to say Bumblefoot must have listened to fans' concerns because he started moving around the stage a bit more - which was cool.

At the end, Axl said he wanted to dedicate the show to his "mother" -- and then mentioned Beta's name.

Speaking of dedications - On Friday, Axl dedicated SCOM to "Caroline." Just remembered that and thought I'd mention it since I don't recall others mentioning it.

Anyway, I just got home about a half hour ago, and these are just a few quick thoughts from the show.

he probably dedicated it to "carolina"...like the song "sweet carolina"...i dno just a guess

wtf??

They started at 11:00 again?

See Jack? :o

I can't believe it took five pages for someone to mention the solo was “You are Beautiful”. I thought it was fucking strange. It takes a lot of balls to play a pop princess song at a rock show. I thought the show last night was much much better than Friday. The production was much better. I thought the crowd was louder, but much less rowdy. On Friday I could feel the floor shaking, but not on Sunday. I thought the "new" songs were much better received last night. But it was probably because the mic levels were so bad on Friday. I am curious to see what happens with the video that is being shot at these shows. Axl was so interactive with the crowd last night that I have a feeling that it will be released at some point. Finck was great last night. He really played the shit out of the songs. I'm also happy to see that every one has more of a rock look about them compared to the village people routine from 2002. A kick ass show in all regards.