Robin Finck

Rick

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm glad Robin is finally getting the recognition he deserves. All it took was for enough people to see him shine. He's always been a great guitarist.. people are just so shallow and look at image. The guy has just as much stage charisma as the guy he replaced. easily.

Nice to see that Robin seems to have been accepted into Gn'R. Shame it took eight years, cool hair and a beard for many people to realise he's a great guitarist.

R.

anyone ever think its coz until now the bloke has done next to nothing for the band... :rolleyes: ...

even now all hes done is play a few gigs...nothing has been released...hes not just gonna walk into my favourite band, replace my favourite guitarist who wrote my fuckin favourite songs n automatically have my respect...

The guy has just as much stage charisma as the guy he replaced. easily.

Oh dude, I'm really surprised you didn't say that he had more stage charisma than Slash...

Are you OK ? :huh:

With Robin, Slash is not missed. Never was, I dont understand why more people didn't see it in 2002 like I did. :question: I dont deny he's a great guitarist, never have. But Robin is better for GNR in 2006. No Robin, No Better.

How can you possibly expect people to accept him when we havent heard squat as far as his playing??

Until CD and its follow up are released I really,really cant understand anyone judging him too much either way....it's ridiculous.

I think AD you are the one who has said a number of times Finck is currently the best guitarist going round. I mean ????????? based on what?? This is an even more uninformed statement than those who bagged his live playing.

Have you never heard of John Frusciante?? go listen to his (totally ignored) solo work.......stunning, try his last effort then come back about Finck. , never heard of Johny Greenwood??? If you like guys who both rock and push the boundaries Id very,very,very much doubt Finck can stand in this guys shadows.

I could go on , but its pointless. If CC Deville joined GNR some people here would paint it as a masterstroke.

I dont mind Finck, but Ive yet to hear anything that makes me wet my pants. But as I said earlier, bring on CD and then we can judge.

Though from the boots the one song that everyone I know went....now those guitars are great, turned out to be Brian May.

I think AD you are the one who has said a number of times Finck is currently the best guitarist going round. I mean ????????? based on what?? This is an even more uninformed statement than those who bagged his live playing.

have you ever seen a guitarist live that just inspired you? Finck inspired me to pick up the guitar again after seeing him for the first time in almost 8 years. He's brilliant. He plays the old guns stuff great, so thats cool for the shows, and his role in the band and the new songs are excellent thus far. :shades:

anyone wanna help me with the list of songs we wouldnt have without slash..?

Yeh I cannot understand someone being a 'GNR' fan and forgetting that no Slash no.

WTTJ

Civil War

Locomotive

etc etc etc.

Now if Finck has written a song as good as Coma single handedly what would people say??

Robin rocks rock2

I agree he seems like a good guitarist, but surely you admit it's FAR too early to actually judge him.

The way I see it is if Slash chose tostay or /wasnt pushed out etc to leave...just say he spent the last 10 yrs with Axl writing music would he have written better riffs?? , additions to Axls songs?? than Finck. After I hear CD I can judge Finck on that level.

I think he's a cool guy but you have to remeber he is Slash's replacement, a guy who has contributed the best riffs and solo's in GNR history so far.

Robin rocks rock2

I agree he seems like a good guitarist, but surely you admit it's FAR too early to actually judge him.

The way I see it is if Slash chose tostay or /wasnt pushed out etc to leave...just say he spent the last 10 yrs with Axl writing music would he have written better riffs?? , additions to Axls songs?? than Finck. After I hear CD I can judge Finck on that level.

I think he's a cool guy but you have to remeber he is Slash's replacement, a guy who has contributed the best riffs and solo's in GNR history so far.

Who gives a fuck about Slash? He left, and quite frankly, he hasn't done a damn thing worthwhile since leaving that makes us miss him. Finck is GNR's main man on the guitars now and thats the way it should be.

have you ever seen a guitarist live that just inspired you? Finck inspired me to pick up the guitar again after seeing him for the first time in almost 8 years. He's brilliant. He plays the old guns stuff great, so thats cool for the shows, and his role in the band and the new songs are excellent thus far. :shades:

Yes but you are such a MASSIVE Axl fan that the emotion of seeing Axl/GNR sweeps you away.

LOGIC = this guy was playing the previous guitarists riffs and solos.

NOW , If you saw him play solo, or with NIN or another band minus Axl, would you have been so captivated by his playing and performance??? Id say no.

I do like the guy, but some people on here would claim a guy playing the spoons was a masterstroke if thats what Axl chose.

Back in the good ol days when Slash was still in GNR Axl once said (and this is just a summary...can't find the actual quote):

"Yeah I know the drugs and stuff is bad but the drugs are what makes Slash such a great guitarist so it's cool"

Maybe this is why his material isn't so impressive, I dunno. I guess, like with Robin and CD, we'll never know until "Libertad" is released!....

No point getting into yet another Axl + Robin vs Slash arguement......unless some people are really that bored!

Edited by Thorne

Robin rocks rock2

Who gives a fuck about Slash? He left, and quite frankly, he hasn't done a damn thing worthwhile since leaving that makes us miss him. Finck is GNR's main man on the guitars now and thats the way it should be.

That's it.

I'm not discrediting what Slash did with Guns n Roses, he is an awesome guitarist and gave us memorable riffs, but now there's now another guy in the GnR camp because Slash left, and that is

Robin Finck. rock2

I'm not discrediting what Slash did with Guns n Roses, he is an awesome guitarist and gave us memorable riffs, but now there's now another guy in the GnR camp because Slash left, and that is

Robin Finck. rock2

Axl-rocks,

Robin Finck is in the band for almost 10 years... :rolleyes:

The new guitarist is called Bumblefoot, not Robin Finck.

Hope that helps. :)

Edited by Alan Niveen

Robin rocks rock2

Not a very good reply at all.

Take the very best riffs from Slash's snakepits and VR and whilst the songs were crap, many of the riffs and solos were outstanding, add Axls magic and voila at least 1 phenominal album.

Yes I know Slash left...or was pushed, the same way Duff was forced to leave.

Anyway thats not the point, you CANNOT just force everyone to automatically love a replacement for a guy who many here love and respect....just because Axl chose him.

Acceptance will come with time and more importantly when he shows what he can actually do.

As I said you are one of about maybe 50 people on the planet who currently consider Finck to be the best modern guitarist going , so I'd question your logic.

He may prove to be amazing, but the ball is in his court. For me as I said I love Frusciante and Greenwood along with 4 or 5 other guys that have shown already by playing there own stuff over finck.

I somehow doubt if either of those guys were in the band Axl would need to bring in outside guitarists.

but..sayin' that Slash..is nothing...

That is just fuckin' retarted..

why make that statement..

Im not saying he's nothing. I'm saying he doesn't matter to this band anymore, he's gone and no longer part of it(his choice) and nothing he has done since GNR has been memorable. Slash is a great guitarist. Without Slash there wouldn't have been a lot of the classic GNR songs, no doubt.

Robin Finck rocks.

I'm saying he doesn't matter to this band anymore, he's gone and no longer part of it(his choice) and nothing he has done since GNR has been memorable. Slash is a great guitarist. Without Slash there wouldn't have been a lot of the classic GNR songs, no doubt.

right now he matters more than finck...if it werent for slash they wouldnt have a set to play...anyone can cover his songs...

give me a chunky les paul riff over a keyboard anyday...

look alot of people might have the wrong impression...im so fuckin excited that axl is back...its all i talk about these days to all my mates...just some people are so ignorant its unbelieveable...

Finck's image is definitely better than in 2001/2002. This way, the 'this band is full of freaks' argument can be easily dismissed.

And judging by the mediocre/decent bootlegs so far, his guitar playing has also improved a lot. Let's hope he can keep the same level from now on.

He was also very good in the demos we've got, especially Better (his song, according to Axl) and TWAT.

About Slash: he was great with GN'R, but I haven't been impressed at all with his other stuff - outside Guns. He did some decent stuff here and there, but nothing compares to the riffs and solos he did for GN'R. Not even his Street Child work (the Elan song), which so many people praise. Not even that impressed me that much.