Robin Finck

Rick

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robin is awesome - and I've been saying that from day one.

He was amazing in NIN, and I think his talent, energy, charisma and creative spirit are being allowed to shine even brighter in GNR - especially now that Buckethead isn't there. I've always been a fan of his cerebral/innovative spirit - and the creative way he expresses himself in words and pics on his website.

Personally, I think Robin stole the show - even outperforming Axl at times during the two Hammerstein gigs so far. He's extremely animated and energetic - and with a cool attitude toward fans, as demonstrated by his three stage dives into the crowd during Friday's show. I think Axl was extremely lucky to get Finck - and keep him in the band through the long delays. No wonder Trent was mad when Robin left.

btw, I saw Robin at an after-party after Friday's show, and asked him if he missed NIN, and he said "no." And when I asked what he thought of Trent's (disparaging) remarks toward him when he left NIN, Robin said "not much." .... So Robin, if you're reading this, you've definitely won over the GNR fan base. Well done.

"Off the wall" question, how old is Robin?

I'm guessing mid to late 30's.

Nov. 7, 1971 - which would make him 34.

Thank you!

So he was 23 when NIN played Woodstock, that was the first time I ever heard of this guy. I remember Trent tripping him with the mic cord, and he kept on playing.

Yes, I've accepted Robin now. I hada different opnion about him before these shows, I know, but hey, opinions can change, and for me, they changed to the positive side.

Robin is cool.

I don't know if he can play any better, but he sure looks a hell of a lot better than he did in 2002. Thumbs up so far...

at least he doesn't look disgusting anymore....

and his playing kinda improved; he doesn't do those annoying brakes between notes

anyway, he's ok, I guess...

but I'm far from giving up the idea that it would've been better with Buckethead in the band instead of him! very far!

am I the only one who doesn't think the Better solo is special in any way?

... am I the only one who doesn't think the Better solo is special in any way?

Yes, it's just you. You're the only one who thinks that. :P

Seriously though, I think the Better solo is awesome.

which solo is the infamous robin finck solo anyways?

the one after the heavy part?

the fill between the chorus and the 2nd verse?

the solo before the heavy part?

which solo is the infamous robin finck solo anyways?

the one after the heavy part?

the fill between the chorus and the 2nd verse?

the solo before the heavy part?

the one at 3:39 on the demo is definitely Robin.

Hmm.....then i'll give the song an A now

This single reason, the power of the collaborative effort

the song itself seemlessly takes bucket's extreme shredding, then takes rythm to the frontal extreme, then buesily winds down with finck, who expertly crafted the song in that way

GENIUS

now can ron thal do it?

well i haven't heard the new "amazing boot" to find out

Some of you guys are fucked!

This is a thread about Robin Finck,not Slash. He shouldn't even be fucking mentioned here.

I always looked at Robin as the rythum(sp?) guitar player not lead. Call it shallow or whatever but I didn't think he looked the fucking part. Now he does,and all is cool.

I still don't like him and I still don't think he's a great guitarist. :(

:( You've seen them live right? just wondering

me too, seen live, and he is bad. if by some miracle robin isn't fucking up then his solos are actually LESS interesting! :(

there has been a guitarist problem since slash left, NO RIFFS! not one memorable fucking riff! nothing to play air guitar to, nothing to learn on the real guitar except the leads. bucket and the RFs had soooooooo much time.

and now mr. ron thal is here to fix that :)