Robin Finck

Rick

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard several people at Mondays show sharing the following sentiments:

Robin has emerged as a star of this band now.

He is clearly the lead guitarist now.

He has stage presence that did not exist in 2002.

The fact that Robin is establishing his own identity will help this band move forward once and for all.

By the way - for all of the Slash loyalists - I'm not saying Robin is better or worse, I'm just happy he's finally found a place in this band.

I agree 100%. Finck has emerged as something unique, talented and creative with the technical skill to match. His image is catchy and will be recognized by many when the videos and album are dropped. I know you might say I'm fucked, but I do readings, and back in 2000 the question was posed as to who will emerge as the next big star in GNR, who will stand out as the creative genius behind Chinese Democracy (Axl aside), and the answer was/is Robin Finck. I'm starting to see this materialize and it makes so happy for him. He contributed to NIN for years and due to the lack of creative input/playing on the NIN records, he never came out as a big star. Now is his shot.

The world is going to see what he has contributed to the new album over the last decade. He once said that all the years of work on the album amounted to the best shit he has ever layed down in a studio, and it's all about to come to fruition (maybe later than sooner, but it will happen nonetheless).

GO ROBIN!!!

~M

Absolutely. He kind of stayed in Buckethead's shadow the first trip around. Now when you see him, he actually looks like he belongs playing with Axl. Pretty Cool Look this time too. The fact that Axl gave him his due for " Better " raises him up a notch as well -

I think a lot of fans are with this cat now -

FUCK all the frauds who jump the bandwagon now and bashed robin before. i liked him ever since i saw him in 2001, and i always knew he would be a star. keep an eye on bumblefoot though, he's gonna shine. :shades:

Do you want a cookie or what mate? The difference is Robin sucked on the 02 tour and now he doesn't. So opinions change. It's as simple as that.

I still don't think he's the 2nd coming of christ here as some people are making it out to be, but he's definitely one to look out for in the new band and a star in his own right.

However...I think people are quick to forget the sheer starpower and iconic aura of his predecessor. You can bet your ass the roof would have blown off last night if Slash took the stage.

FUCK all the frauds who jump the bandwagon now and bashed robin before. i liked him ever since i saw him in 2001, and i always knew he would be a star. keep an eye on bumblefoot though, he's gonna shine. :shades:

Do you want a cookie or what mate? The difference is Robin sucked on the 02 tour and now he doesn't. So opinions change. It's as simple as that.

I still don't think he's the 2nd coming of christ here as some people are making it out to be, but he's definitely one to look out for in the new band and a star in his own right.

However...I think people are quick to forget the sheer starpower and iconic aura of his predecessor. You can bet your ass the roof would have blown off last night if Slash took the stage.

fuck slash, he sucks now, plus he's a liar and a quitter. give me cool guys like bumble and finck over slash anyday.

I don't like Bumblefoot. His solo's are equivalent to Matt Sorum's Drum solo's :rofl-lol:

Okay, thats a bit harsh....

But Buckethead was a genious.

And kicks Bumblefoots ass!

I like the new Robin Finck look though.

But a little off topic:

Did he suck Marilyn Manson's dick?

Guest JohnUlmer
I don't like Bumblefoot. His solo's are equivalent to Matt Sorum's Drum solo's :rofl-lol:

But a little off topic:

Marilyn Manson sucked HIS dick.

Manson said it was true.

But a little off topic:

Manson said it was true.

I bet every Gnr member had his dick sucked by another man.

No offence or anything.

But so far Adler & Finck are both proven.

fuck slash, he sucks now, plus he's a liar and a quitter. give me cool guys like bumble and finck over slash anyday.

Awesome...another cupcake to join the A_D lunatic bandwagon....carry on by all means....

Guest JohnUlmer

But a little off topic:

Manson said it was true.

I bet every Gnr member had his dick sucked by another man.

No offence or anything.

But so far Adler & Finck are both proven.

I'm almost positive Slash would have had taken blowjobs from guys back in the day. I'm not joking either. I think you're right, they probably all did - except Axl, if only because he's so homophobic. To be honest I think because of the fact that he was supposedly raped by his father when he was young, he's almost "afraid" of becoming gay or having some type of experience like that.

the manson / finck thing I think is exaggerated a bit. I think (no 100% sure) finck was soloing (you know how he does with GnR where he closes his eyes and hits notes) and was wearing a speedo type stage get up and manson with his stage antics pulled it out and shoved it in his mouth, finck freaked out and stopped playing and left the show, and refused to tour or even be around manson ever since. :confused: creepy ass situation

It's obviuos that the real test will be the new music. So he now covers the old GnR stuff alot better and hopefully he does not butcher Sweet Child of Mine like in 02 (The last 4 years gave alot of time to practice), but until the new album comes out there can be no real comparison. He is a talented guitar player, to argue that is beyond ridiculous, but until you hear his contributions to what GnR is now it is impossible to compare it to Slash contributions to GnR greatest period of work to date.

ill admit, i was one of the people who thought Robin didnt quite fit the GNR mould, in 2002 he would prance around like he had a stick up his ass, and basically just look like he didnt really want to be there. Now he has that charisma that screams 'Im In Guns N' Roses!' and he genuinely looks like he digs being there.

ill also admit that with the new look, he looks like he belongs in GNR, rather than GNR being a 'stopping point between NIN tours'

he amazing in 2002! I never understood why people didn't like him then and all the sudden like him.. i mean its cool more people like him now, but does the way someone look realy matter that much? He played with just as much enthusiasm and energy in 2002, the only difference now is the band is a little tighter, the chemistry is there.

Guest RonMexico82
he amazing in 2002! I never understood why people didn't like him then and all the sudden like him.. i mean its cool more people like him now, but does the way someone look realy matter that much? He played with just as much enthusiasm and energy in 2002, the only difference now is the band is a little tighter, the chemistry is there.

Cos he butchered solos and looked like a freak. Now he is playing better and looks like he belongs. Understand?

You guys moan he fucked up on solos.. Umm Slash wasn't note for note perfect live y'kno.....

People over exagerate on the fucking up of solos. Robin played from his heart and used this thing called improvisation.... If you want note for note you may as well just stay home and listen to the cd's rather than going to a live show.

And I find it stupid how people didn't like him because of the way he dresses. :rolleyes: