Robin Finck

Rick

he amazing in 2002! I never understood why people didn't like him then and all the sudden like him.. i mean its cool more people like him now, but does the way someone look realy matter that much? He played with just as much enthusiasm and energy in 2002, the only difference now is the band is a little tighter, the chemistry is there.

To a point appearance does matter. Guns was the biggest band in the world at one time,and everyone knows what they looked like. Coming back in 2001-2002 the band didn't look like a rock band. I didn't really dig Robin's look then either,and don't even get me started on Buckethead :lol:

Not only can these guys actually fucking play,they look like a fucking rock band now. It makes it that much better bro.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he amazing in 2002! I never understood why people didn't like him then and all the sudden like him.. i mean its cool more people like him now, but does the way someone look realy matter that much? He played with just as much enthusiasm and energy in 2002, the only difference now is the band is a little tighter, the chemistry is there.

To a point appearance does matter. Guns was the biggest band in the world at one time,and everyone knows what they looked like. Coming back in 2001-2002 the band didn't look like a rock band. I didn't really dig Robin's look then either,and don't even get me started on Buckethead :lol:

Not only can these guys actually fucking play,they look like a fucking rock band now. It makes it that much better bro.

They do look fucking sweeet dude and I'm looking forward to following them on tour around the western U.S. rock3

For sure man. I hope they come to Canada again. I'm so fucking jealous that some got to see them play in a club setting..I know once they come back here it's going to be the arena's again.

Anyway staying on topic. Finck looks the part,seems to be enjoying it more,and his skills have been turned up a notch or two..Rock!

Edited by F*ck Fear

It's obviuos that the real test will be the new music. So he now covers the old GnR stuff alot better and hopefully he does not butcher Sweet Child of Mine like in 02 (The last 4 years gave alot of time to practice), but until the new album comes out there can be no real comparison. He is a talented guitar player, to argue that is beyond ridiculous, but until you hear his contributions to what GnR is now it is impossible to compare it to Slash contributions to GnR greatest period of work to date.

Correct. B)

For sure man. I hope they come to Canada again. I'm so fucking jealous that some got to see them play in a club setting..I know once they come back here it's going to be the arena's again.

Oh...I can understand u perectly here only festivals.......... I'll have to fly to London to get a small venue!

As I had to fly to Las Vegas to see VR in a small venue............ :(

the manson / finck thing I think is exaggerated a bit. I think (no 100% sure) finck was soloing (you know how he does with GnR where he closes his eyes and hits notes) and was wearing a speedo type stage get up and manson with his stage antics pulled it out and shoved it in his mouth, finck freaked out and stopped playing and left the show, and refused to tour or even be around manson ever since. :confused: creepy ass situation

marilyn manson is a fucking idiot and a loser, i would fucking kill him had he done anything like that to me. i don't know how any manson fans could not have been fucking embarrased to be there as a fan when this happened. pathetic.

Nice to see that Robin seems to have been accepted into Gn'R. Shame it took eight years, cool hair and a beard for many people to realise he's a great guitarist.

R.

not by me he aint :fuckyou:

Not by me as well

might as well start supporting him! He is GNR's lead guitarist. rock4 Robin is going nowhere. rock3

..yeah..he's the boss on the guitar...fuckin' great..

..but..well i am not into that like miss madison for example..who cared a lot of uncle axl's outfit...(hopefully she's happy now..)..but to be fuckin' honest...it's also an optical thing of course..and robin looked gay and strange to me..in 2002..so i am now even happier..his look is like this...

..he's the man..it was w. axl rose strong will to announce at the hammerstein gigs as well that he is the man behind "better"...

Robins guitar sounded much more rock like this time round, as opposed to the almost techno sound he had before. So he's improved, shown he's a very capable player, and fits the bill well.

He's not slash though, thats what the problems with him are. You won't ever top slash, izzy, or duff, because they were guns n roses. this is a completely different band.

Very talented, great, but not Guns N Roses.

But i'll support them, its not their fault.

Maybe we'l see a reunion some day.

And finck, thal, stinson, and fortus join scott weiland.....

that WAS a joke.

Edited by slashplay

Robins guitar sounded much more rock like this time round, as opposed to the almost techno sound he had before. So he's improved, shown he's a very capable player, and fits the bill well.

He's not slash though, thats what the problems with him are. You won't ever top slash, izzy, or duff, because they were guns n roses. this is a completely different band.

And finck, thal, stinson, and fortus join scott weiland.

I liked your post!

Very sweet!

And finck, thal, stinson, and fortus join scott weiland.....

that WAS a joke.

I dont think hes trying to be Slash. I think if you compared Robin to Slash, RObin would be deeply insulted. He wants to be his own orignal self. Give him a chance to be instead of jumping on his back all the time.