A Different G'N'R

Conor

Yo, the names Conor. I'm from Northern Ireland, 16 years old. A little young for the real G'N'R Generation, but I grew up with their albums. It's obvious that now, since the break up, we're seeing a different side of Guns N' Roses. That's fairly obvious, with different band members and all. But, with the Chinese Democracy Album leaked, or at least, songs that are supposed to be on it, are we really in store for what are "Guns N' Roses". I mean, I've heard, out of the new album:-

Chinese Democracy

Crash Diet

Shadow of Your Love

The Blues

Madagascar

Oh my God

Better

Dust in the Wind

Catcher in the Rye

I mean... I love those songs, but it's just simply not Guns N' Roses to me. I mean, great songs, honestly, love them to hell and back, but... where's the blantant disregard for what anyone else thought. Where's the true Rock N' Roll spirit? These songs... are not Rock N' Roll. It's nice that it's a change, but is this a good change? These are good songs, but, to me, it's just not Guns N' Roses. Look at Appetite For Destruction, songs like "Mr Brownstone", "My Michelle" and "It's So Easy", just show that Guns N' Roses, didn't give a fuck what anyone else said about them. Other albums, songs like "Garden of Eden", "Back off Bitch", "You Could be Mine", "Get in the Ring" and "Reckless Life", those show that they don't care who says what about them. I know I'm repeating myself, but do songs like "Better" or "Madagascar" really show this side of Guns N' Roses?

To me, The Band "Guns N' Roses" just means - Fuck you, we don't care what you think. We go out to play Rock N' Roll. And those people out there, they fucking love it.

What happened to Guns N' Fucking Roses? Seems to me like Axl is going for a nicer side of G'N'R, but is the Return Album "Chinese Democracy" really the place? People, new to the band, will buy this album thinking that G'N'R Rock N' Roll is back, then be disapointed by G'N'R's guiet songs, and over-use of the piano. I love Guns N' Roses, I love the new Album, but is this new G'N'R side, good... or bad?

Conor

1. The songs you mentioned off the Illusions are crap

2. These songs rock just as hard as the Illusions rockers

3. The epics are just as good as the Illusions epics

4. Dizzy is on almost every single song of the Illusions

5. GN'R only included good "FUCK YOU" songs on Appetite. Appetite was one album, it was released, and GN'R never created material like it afterward.

6. The more I hear of Dizzy, the more I love the music. To some, "over"use of the piano/keyboards is bliss.

7. Guns N' FUCKING Roses will NEVER be back. That attitude disappeared with Dizzy coming in and Matt being replaced and Axl getting (mostly) sober.

8. Guns N' Roses have moved on. You need to accept this, there will probably not be any "FUCK YOU"-type lyrics on this album, aside from "Gonna win and rock out in your face" maybe.

9. These songs are not quieter than previous GN'R work. The majority are heavier.

In response to your point no 2

1. Right Next Door To Hell

2. Live And Let Die

3. Perfect Crime

4. Back Off Bitch

5. Don't Damn Me

6. Dead Horse

7. Pretty Tied Up (The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence)"

8. You Could Be Mine

9. Get In The Ring

against

1. Chinese Democracy

2. Silkworms

3. Rhiad

4. IRS

5. Better (calling Irs and Better "Rockers" is a stretch by the way)

In response to point no 3

1. Estranged

2. Civil war

3. Coma

4. November Rain

against

1. Twat

2. Catcher in the Rhy

3. The Blues

4. Madagascar

Im going to have to say I think both these points are off the wall wrong, don't get me wrong I love the new stuff (particularly better/madagascar) but to say they "rock" (as in they are carrying a strong rhythm with a sense of attitude) more than those listed is a nonsense

similarly, despite loving madagascar/the blues to say any of these new ballads compare with the brillance of those Ive listed is also a nonsense

Non of the new songs are heavier (with the exception of the bridge in better which is more metal than hard rock and of course Oh my God, which is completely industrial strength metal)

Guns and Roses is over, this band is a new entity, I really wish they played more of their material and make their own name because they are talented players, instead of living off others work, the sad thing is these comparisons will never end because of Axl's own egotistical decision to keep the name.

I hope this band does well but they are not Guns N Roses