Can't believe better isn't better.

Greekgelboy

Listening to the NY bootleg, I can't believe better hasn't been improved.

The instrumentation and axl's singing were always very strong, but i was sure that by the time it was played live the dodgy lyrics would have been sorted out, but no, it is identical to the demo.

The lyrics in places are just so oversentimental and sappy, and when when axl screams out that empationed B-section, you really need someting a bit more origional than 'i only wanted you to see things for yourself'. As it is, that part of the song is just comical.

Were all the other 'new' tracks just as demo/2002 also?

A lot of GnR lyric's aren't complex arty farty things, they say what they mean.

I thought better's lyric's were really good and solid. I have no gripes!

Also better was written and recorded fairly recently by all accounts.

Edited by life_247

The instrumentation and axl's singing were always very strong, but i was sure that by the time it was played live the dodgy lyrics would have been sorted out, but no, it is identical to the demo.

The lyrics in places are just so oversentimental and sappy, and when when axl screams out that empationed B-section, you really need someting a bit more origional than 'i only wanted you to see things for yourself'. As it is, that part of the song is just comical.

I gotta be honest, after listening to Better probably 500 times, I have never once thought the lyrics needed any changing at all. To each their own, I guess.

A lot of GnR lyric's aren't complex arty farty things, they say what they mean.

I thought better's lyric's were really good and solid. I have no gripes!

Also better was written and recorded fairly recently by all accounts.

I didn't say they should be arty or complex, just not so sappy. come on, it sounds like the way a 14 year old has a hissy fit after the first time he gets dumped by a girlfriend.

I agree totally, man. I will say, though, that I am glad he took out the "I know you know you know better" from what I could hear, as that was the worst line of the song.

The lyrics of this song are pretty cliche'.

Pubes,

Screetcher

XOXO

I disagree. Better did sound a but different, but we did pay to see a live concert, not to listen to the exact demo. Almost everyone seems to like the lyrics (you could really tell at the concert!).

But hey, all GNR songs can't please everyone. Some people have their personnal favorites, others like all of them.

Mabye 'Better' just doesn't do it for you, that is okay too, but it clearly does for the vast majority of people. :)

I disagree. Better did sound a but different, but we did pay to see a live concert, not to listen to the exact demo. Almost everyone seems to like the lyrics (you could really tell at the concert!).

But hey, all GNR songs can't please everyone. Some people have their personnal favorites, others like all of them.

Mabye 'Better' just doesn't do it for you, that is okay too, but it clearly does for the vast majority of people. :)

I'm not panning the song. I think the music is very good, and axls voice is too. I just thought when we heard those old demo's, and many people seemed to have the same opinion at the time, that the songs would be developed and improved from that point.

he seemed to tweak T.W.A.T the most and it's the one that probally needs it the most. i like the intro. but im still not 2 keen on the "it was the wrong time for you" bit

I totally agree. The outro is excellent, maybe the best moment in all the new songs, but the chorus just doesn't match up to the rest of the song. I really like the intro though.

Exactly!.........

Guest RonMexico82

I thought Better was going to be different too. If they stick with playing just Better, IRS, TWAT, CD, The Blues and Madagascar for the tour from the new stuff then I think thats it folks, thats the best of the new material and what this band has to offer. I wouldn't be expecting any surprises on the album when its released, and if I am correct then I will be dissappointed by what Axl has come up with in all those years. I hope I am wrong. Don't get me wrong I think the new stuff is great, but it is hardly on the same level as the likes of WTTJ, PC, NR, Estranged, Don't Cry, Civil War, Patience, SCOM etc. I am still holding out for something that is equal to that lot or hopefully better.

Yeah. Something more along the lines of "Why don't you just - Fuck Off!." Is that what you mean or...? I've said it before and I'll say it again. Could you PLEASE upload one of your original tracks so that everyone can see how it's done?

Edited by Ions

he seemed to tweak T.W.A.T the most and it's the one that probally needs it the most. i like the intro. but im still not 2 keen on the "it was the wrong time for you" bit

I totally agree. The outro is excellent, maybe the best moment in all the new songs, but the chorus just doesn't match up to the rest of the song. I really like the intro though.

there was a time is probably the best song guns n roses have produced since 91, better being a close second, t.w.a.t just has a perfect pace and really after the first guitar solo the majority of the lyrics are over and it just becomes a instrumental masterpiece with axl interviening with some superb singing. How it sounds live I don't know I'm just going from the demo.

has madagascar changed at all if anyone knows? That really lacked a substantional guitar solo.

there was a time is probably the best song guns n roses have produced since 91, better being a close second, t.w.a.t just has a perfect pace and really after the first guitar solo the majority of the lyrics are over and it just becomes a instrumental masterpiece with axl interviening with some superb singing. How it sounds live I don't know I'm just going from the demo.

has madagascar changed at all if anyone knows? That really lacked a substantional guitar solo.

You're calling a demo the best GnR song since '91? You need to educate yourself on the history of GnR.

You're calling a demo the best GnR song since '91? You need to educate yourself on the history of GnR.

Hmm, I can't seem to think of hearing a better song after the Illusions, what do you think is better?