05.15.06 Audio Download

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy to know that my remaster of "Sweet Child O' Mine" (based on dankrass' original recording) is consider "A+". Only "B+" in my opinion, but, hey... :)

Wait for the remaster of the full show soon...

Remaster in lossless???

please please please :)

That rocket queen clip sounds fucking blinding, but i'd agree with Ulmer that people are getting carried away with Axl's voice, it sounds pretty much the same to me as the 2002 tour, maybe slightly better but that wttj that i downloaded from this thread sounded pretty bad and it could get worse when we get clearer versions...

...Don't bash me, i love Axl but i'm pretty sure he'll never reach the heights which he once reached with his breath-takingly unique voice that he had in the 80s/90s, for me one of the best of all time, but not any more, although saying all of this nothing would make me happier then for Axl to prove me wrong.

His voice is the same as it was four years ago. This "rasp is back" stuff is nonsense. Maybe the first night he had some more rasp, but he blew it out now. He's back to the helium whine.

Thanks for posting though, I'm not saying they're bad, I'm just saying I don't agree with everyone that his voice is perfect.

I guess "Everyone" is wrong and you are right then.

retard.

His voice is the same as it was four years ago. This "rasp is back" stuff is nonsense. Maybe the first night he had some more rasp, but he blew it out now. He's back to the helium whine.

Thanks for posting though, I'm not saying they're bad, I'm just saying I don't agree with everyone that his voice is perfect.

retard.

Yeah I agree, you are right 14,999 people are wrong..

Gunsguy

Guest JohnUlmer

retard.

Ah, "retard." What a clever retort. Something I'd expect from an ignorant, immature, dumb, teenaged American. Wait, am I hitting the nail on the head here?

If you had paid attention in school you'd be able to read properly, which would have aided you in this case because you would have been able to comprehend the meaning of my words when I wrote, "I'm just saying I don't agree with everyone."

See, you'd be right if I had said, "His voice is retarded and everyone else who thinks otherwise is wrong."

That's the type of response I'd expect from you.

However, I made it clear that it was just my opinion - and, by the way, in case you hadn't bothered to realize at any point in time, this is a message board where people come to post their thoughts and opinions.

If you can't handle opinions, fuck off.

"Retard." (I'm still laughing at that one.)

Edited by JohnUlmer

Thanks for those. They're not soundboards (and I'm fearing we won't get any of those), but they're decent enough to judge Axl's voice...

I liked WTTJ. To me, it seems that he sings it with a little bit more of rasp, which is good. The helium (?) voice is less annoying and is acceptable. He also sounded solid on the other songs posted in this thread, though he didn't use too much rasp, which - for those songs - wasn't needed anyway.

Only one he was a bit weak was on SCOM. Maybe it's just the way he wants to sing it nowadays, but if he uses the rasp on some of the other ballads (like The Blues), why can't he use it on GNR's most popular song?

As for the band, they sound much better now.

Let's hope they stay, at least, this solid.

JMO.

They're not soundboards (and I'm fearing we won't get any of those),

Yeah. Duh. We've got very few soundboards. Maybe 12 from the Illusions Era, 5 at the most from the AFD era, and like 6 I think it was from the 2002 era.

Soundboards aren't common, I don't see why a lot of people think they are.

Yeah. Duh. We've got very few soundboards. Maybe 12 from the Illusions Era, 5 at the most from the AFD era, and like 6 I think it was from the 2002 era.

Soundboards aren't common, I don't see why a lot of people think they are.

Really 6 soundsboards from 2002?

I can only think of Pittburgh and Boston. Cleveland perhaps, I'm not sure. Which would be the other soundboards?

Tacoma 11/8/02 (full show except Paradise City cut)

Nampa 11/11/02 (through Rocket Queen)

Pittsburgh 11/22/02 (full show except Paradise City cut)

Cleveland 11/24/02 (through November Rain)

Columbus 11/25/02 (NOT YET RELEASED)

Boston 12/2/02 (full show except Paradise City missing)

I like how people who say his voice sounds like 2002 are basing it on recordings where 3500 other people were singing along. If you were there, you would how heard how good it was. Those recordings are just a glimpse of what his voice was like. In person it was flawless.

are you fuckin deaf?? maybe it sounds a lil bit like the 2002 voice because he's older but I just listened to WTTJ the rasp is def there especially towards the end he nails it

holy shit that live and let die was amazing I'm now 100% convinced that the old rasp is back specially the yellin parts he doesn't do a weak yell like he did in 2002 he actually does the early 90s yell, the part after "gotta give the other better hell"

In the early 90's Axl's live voice was so bad most of the time he couldn't complete 20 seconds of that scream.

Proof that his voice IS better.

It's totally fine analyzing his voice in these early shows for comparison sake but ultimately it should be viewed as only part of his overall performance. The concert experience is a party atmosphere and a premium should not be set on perfection by the musicians. That's why we have albums. I compare albums to films, they are going to be around forever so the musicians want to be at their best and strive for perfection. Concerts are fleeting, and should be. Just enjoy the experience and don't analyze it too much.

retard.

Ah, "retard." What a clever retort. Something I'd expect from an ignorant, immature, dumb, teenaged American. Wait, am I hitting the nail on the head here?

If you had paid attention in school you'd be able to read properly, which would have aided you in this case because you would have been able to comprehend the meaning of my words when I wrote, "I'm just saying I don't agree with everyone."

See, you'd be right if I had said, "His voice is retarded and everyone else who thinks otherwise is wrong."

That's the type of response I'd expect from you.

However, I made it clear that it was just my opinion - and, by the way, in case you hadn't bothered to realize at any point in time, this is a message board where people come to post their thoughts and opinions.

If you can't handle opinions, fuck off.

"Retard." (I'm still laughing at that one.)

retard.

if your there, you'd understand! the voice is considerably better than '02

no more mickey whininy on whole songs.

jesus ulmer, his voice is fuckin perfect for a 44yr old!

being there, and listening to it through a boot are 2 different things.

they're back with vengence!

Actually, most of the singers have their peak at the 40´s..

Myself is a singer and have a pretty "raspy" voice. I lose this rasp if I sing to much that my voice gets worn out. Thats because the vocal cords swell if u use your voice to much and the glap between the cords eleminates and make your voice sound like Micky..

I think Axl needs to rest a least ONE day between the gigs. Two days a row is to much for him.

But don´t worry! Axl will NOT static lose his voice.

well he's voice isn't better like in 2002...I can still remember and compare with the 2002 VMA show...WTTJ is perfect voice (very nice rasp) but Paradise City is exactly aweful as than.

...but it's like I can hear that Axl can still sing old songs...but has some HUDGE PROBLEMS WITH THE NEW SONGS where you can't hear him sing clear and he's singing is also not loud!...

...well his voice in new songs really sux.

just wait until perfect bootlegs really near to the stage....the recording was made somewhere at the end of the hall....when you hear the rocket queen video which is really near to axl it sounds awesome....

and in the wttj mp3 maybe we're hearing the best axl voice ever :o

Edited by slääsh