05.15.06 Audio Download

if your there, you'd understand! the voice is considerably better than '02

no more mickey whininy on whole songs.

jesus ulmer, his voice is fuckin perfect for a 44yr old!

being there, and listening to it through a boot are 2 different things.

they're back with vengence!

Actually, most of the singers have their peak at the 40´s..

Myself is a singer and have a pretty "raspy" voice. I lose this rasp if I sing to much that my voice gets worn out. Thats because the vocal cords swell if u use your voice to much and the glap between the cords eleminates and make your voice sound like Micky..

I think Axl needs to rest a least ONE day between the gigs. Two days a row is to much for him.

But don´t worry! Axl will NOT static lose his voice.

its funny read about people who thinks they sing like axl....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tacoma 11/8/02 (full show except Paradise City cut)

Nampa 11/11/02 (through Rocket Queen)

Pittsburgh 11/22/02 (full show except Paradise City cut)

Cleveland 11/24/02 (through November Rain)

Columbus 11/25/02 (NOT YET RELEASED)

Boston 12/2/02 (full show except Paradise City missing)

My Boston SB has Paradise City... :unsure:

if your there, you'd understand! the voice is considerably better than '02

no more mickey whininy on whole songs.

jesus ulmer, his voice is fuckin perfect for a 44yr old!

being there, and listening to it through a boot are 2 different things.

they're back with vengence!

Actually, most of the singers have their peak at the 40´s..

Myself is a singer and have a pretty "raspy" voice. I lose this rasp if I sing to much that my voice gets worn out. Thats because the vocal cords swell if u use your voice to much and the glap between the cords eleminates and make your voice sound like Micky..

I think Axl needs to rest a least ONE day between the gigs. Two days a row is to much for him.

But don´t worry! Axl will NOT static lose his voice.

its funny read about people who thinks they sing like axl....

U´re so fuckin stupid! Never said that I sing like him..

Actually, my voice has no similarity to Axls, and I NEVER stated that.

His voice is the same as it was four years ago. This "rasp is back" stuff is nonsense. Maybe the first night he had some more rasp, but he blew it out now. He's back to the helium whine.

Thanks for posting though, I'm not saying they're bad, I'm just saying I don't agree with everyone that his voice is perfect.

You have to Axl credit though. He sounds considerably better than 02.

I have credited Axl, but I think people are over-reacting to his voice right now. Wait until it gets more exposure and soundboards are released of other shows. People are going to start saying, "You know, he really doesn't sound that great."

I agree he's better than in '02 for the most part, but he still sounds very similar on a lot of the Appetite songs. And I prefer The Blues from '02 with the cleaner vocals and guitar/drum surge at the beginning of the song.

Not trying to be a pessimist, but I am one, so...

Very true. I Have three versions of the Blues and the 2006 wasn;t the greatest by far. One thing I shoould point out, is that the 2001 RIR featured some shitty vocals..."helium whine is a good way to put it"...along with the horrible showing of the MTV 2002, there WERE alot of good performances in 2002 that bootlegs were hard to find. online radio that was featured on www.newgnr.com had the best version of Live and Let Die I have ever heard. That was from columbus 2002.

His voice is the same as it was four years ago. This "rasp is back" stuff is nonsense. Maybe the first night he had some more rasp, but he blew it out now. He's back to the helium whine.

Thanks for posting though, I'm not saying they're bad, I'm just saying I don't agree with everyone that his voice is perfect.

I was there on the 15th. His voice is not even CLOSE to the same as it was on the '02 tour (where I actually SAW him..in Hartford).

Night and day.

And the rasp is most certainly back.

My one and only complaint about the AWESOME show on the 15th: The Hammerstein is having a sound system issue. It was not unique to GnR's performance and was there during BFMV and eve during the house music they played. The people who were at the shows on the 12th and 14th said it was there for them too.

For some reason, when sounds go over a certain pitch level, the system starts to feedback. Sorta annoying.

Edited by pilferk

John he might still have a high voice but it is much stronger than before. You can't say this ain't impressive...

why dont any youtube videos with new guns n roses work for me??? when i do other videos for other bands they work.

I really wanna see this vid can someone put it one you send it for me??

fuckin great clip can't wait for a good bootleg and for the forthcoming concerts

damn it are you people all thick axl's voice on the 2002 tour is he's natural voice in the 80's/90's it was worn out that's what caused the rasp and now he's on tour again the rasp will return fully with use.

Come again?

Aah, cool, thanks for the info, Almost Famous!

It's actually a good audience recording tacked on at the end to make the show complete.

It's actually a good audience recording tacked on at the end to make the show complete.

Well, a Boston Soundboard has surfaced with PC, although it's very, very rare.

Those clips are horrible. you people are morons. need the soundboards.

the SCOM is a B- at best. not sure where anyone can call that an A+.

how many of you kids saw the GNR, Metallica, Faith No More tour? Probably not too many.

I think axl's voce is great, now he's not singing like a virgin losing her virginity....:P It's great to hear his voice in good condition :)

That is the perfect description of what he sounded like in 2002. Now he's the old axl ans some. Its amazing the turnaround he's made. Plus he looks like he's dropped at least 30 pound, he never seemed out of breath. He lost the jerseys because he isn't fat anymore.

Hmm, crazy, I'm usually in agreement with you on most things but not on this one. From what I have been hearing I think his voice sounds much better than '02, there's more low end/fullness/strength/rasp/growl than there was in '02. I'm not saying you don't hear some of the helium quality but to say that it is the same as '02 is not something I agree with.

Edited by Old School