Axl's attitude toward fans

madison

I've been reading a number of posts on different GNR forums about people's experiences when they saw Axl either outside the venue (on his way out) or at backstage parties, and was surprised to hear how unfriendly he seemed to some of them.

For example, a number of fans have talked about waiting outside the venue doors for an autograph - and how all the band members - except Axl - had no trouble stopping - even for a couple of minutes to sign an autograph and say "hello." Yet, every account said Axl just pushed his way past them to get to his car without so much as a wave to the fans who were waiting for him. Not cool. In another instance, a guy at htgth talked about simply saying "hello" to Axl at a backstage party, and how Axl didn't even acknowledge him. I mean - really - how tough is it to say "hello" back to a fan?

I would have expected this from him - say - 15 years ago when GNR was on top of the world, and he could be as rude as he wanted to people. But that was then - and this is now, and I guess I'm surprised that he isn't a bit more humbled and - dare I say - respectful toward the diehard fans who have stuck with him all these years.

Anyway, just wondering what people think of this.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well yeah to a point, but axl's done this all before a million times, it must get old signing shit and meeting person after person!,..........but i'd be pissed if he didn't acknowledge me i guess, i guess we all want what we want! some people get what they want......... some don't!

did he ignore you madison? :rofl-lol:

Edited by aussie_axl

well yeah to a point, but axl's done this all before a million times, it must get old signing shit and meeting person after person!,..........but i'd be pissed if he didn't acknowledge me i guess, i guess we all want what we want! some people get what they want......... some don't! ...

Well, he's trying to re-launch a comeback, and he needs fans' support - especially the diehard ones. So, it surprises me when I hear that he can't even wave to them as he goes to his car.

.. did he ignore you madison? :rofl-lol:

No, smartass, he didn't. I haven't seen this side of him myself.

I'm simply commenting on many - virtually all - of the posts I've read about people who saw him after a show.

well yeah to a point, but axl's done this all before a million times, it must get old signing shit and meeting person after person!,..........but i'd be pissed if he didn't acknowledge me i guess, i guess we all want what we want! some people get what they want......... some don't! ...

Well, he's trying to re-launch a comeback, and he needs fans' support - especially the diehard ones. So, it surprises me when I hear that he can't even wave to them as he goes to his car.

.. did he ignore you madison? :rofl-lol:

No, smartass, he didn't. I haven't seen this side of him myself.

I'm simply commenting on many - virtually all - of the posts I've read about people who saw him after a show.

i see your point, but he can't get around to everyone!, and me smartass? madison i'm no ass!

all fortunes change!

just as if they were made!

no difference in

what happens to the next man

all fortunes change yeah!

That's really not great news at all, particularly if it's true. I thought he'd mellowed out, given his lack of ranting and whatnot at these recent concerts, but this sort of thing makes me wonder whether that's true.

I wonder what would compel someone in Axl's current situation to be an asshole? Anyone that still cares about GN'R is clearly a pretty devoted fan and deserves some respect from the people within the band. It's not as though he's had to sign many autographs in the past few years.

If I were blatantly ignored by Axl I'd be pissed and probably cuss back at him. You know, somethink like

"...And Fuck You To..." <_<

But if it was a situation where a mob of folks were more or less hassling him or trying to bum-rush him I think I'd understand if he just whisked by and got into his ride. Although, a modicum of acknowledgement would be nice. Even if it was just a wave goodbye.

Peace,

HGZ

I read the opposite.Also there have been plenty of pictures of him signing, or posing for pictures. I think its unfair for anyone to point out one or two fans who didnt get an autograph. Especially since there have been many more who have said he was cool.

Edited by bucketrod

I read the opposite.Also there have been plenty of pictures of him signing, or posing for pictures. I think its unfair, for anyone to point out one or two fans who didnt get an autograph. Especially since there have been many more who have said he was cool.

i agree.

I read the opposite.Also there have been plenty of pictures of him signing, or posing for pictures. I think its unfair for anyone to point out one or two fans who didnt get an autograph. Especially since there have been many more who have said he was cool.

cool, thanks for this, always another side of the story

I noticed this stuff as well, as Ive been reading similar posts on other forums to...

I have to wonder...but..its Axl..

He hasnt changed..and maybe he's gotten worse over these long years..

but it would seeem..if the other band members were kind enough to acknowledge the fans...the ones that pretty much came to the show..for Axl..he could give em' a hello..and even jot down that lazy -AXL-..

Doesnt even need the whole W.Axl Rose...

Exactly.

This was the point I was making. And I have to admit I was surprised to read so many posts from fans who said he blew them off without even waving. I mean, he's going to need these same fans in his uphill battle to climb back onto the charts and make a comeback. *shrugs*

I think Axl could take a page from his pal Sebastian Bach - who has a reputation for being extremely friendly to fans who say "hello" - at least according to all of the posts I've read. And Baz is considered cool - so it's not as if Axl wouldn't be considered cool if he dropped the rude attitude.

I understand peoples disappointment, but come on, this IS Axl we are talking about. Its like if CD doesnt get released this year, is it really going to surprise anyone??

I think its shitty but this is the Axl I have come to know, so it doesnt surprise me at all. I would think he would be a little better because this is his comeback, and people have been loyal to him, but at the end of the day this is Axl Rose, and by now everyone knows exactly how he is.

Edited by mahimahi

.... But if it was a situation where a mob of folks were more or less hassling him or trying to bum-rush him I think I'd understand if he just whisked by and got into his ride. Although, a modicum of acknowledgement would be nice. Even if it was just a wave goodbye.

Peace,

HGZ

But in the posts that I read, the fans always said other band members had stopped - even for a couple of minutes. So, if they could stop, then clearly there wasn't a huge mob of fans there. If there was, then I could understand him wanting to rush to his car -- but does that stop him from waving to them? I mean, let's face it - most of the fans that attended these first four shows are long-time diehard fans.

I noticed this stuff as well, as Ive been reading similar posts on other forums to...

I have to wonder...but..its Axl..

He hasnt changed..and maybe he's gotten worse over these long years..

but it would seeem..if the other band members were kind enough to acknowledge the fans...the ones that pretty much came to the show..for Axl..he could give em' a hello..and even jot down that lazy -AXL-..

Doesnt even need the whole W.Axl Rose...

Exactly.

This was the point I was making. And I have to admit I was surprised to read so many posts from fans who said he blew them off without even waving. I mean, he's going to need these same fans in his uphill battle to climb back onto the charts and make a comeback. *shrugs*

I think Axl could take a page from his pal Sebastian Bach - who has a reputation for being extremely friendly to fans who say "hello" - at least according to all of the posts I've read. And Baz is considered cool - so it's not as if Axl wouldn't be considered cool if he dropped the rude attitude.

madison are you Basing this on like 15 people that have posted on message boards? it's a very small number of people!.

I've provided security services and crowd control for a very high profile football team and their high profile players in the past. I've seen this all before and the bottom line boils down this: Time, Environment, and Willingness of the person.

They can't please everyone and yet the fan always feels as though they should at least have signed my autograph or taken at least one picture with me. A lot of times it's just a matter of luck.

I was around these guys everyday and it would have been very unprofessional of me to bother them for an autograph or a photo. But when I caught them at the right time I got something a lot better like a real conversation. One to One. That was better that a pic or signed piece of paper.

peace,

HGZ

I've provided security services and crowd control for a very high profile football team and their high profile players in the past. I've seen this all before and the bottom line boils down this: Time, Environment, and Willingness of the person.

They can't please everyone and yet the fan always feels as though they should at least have signed my autograph or taken at least one picture with me. A lot of times it's just a matter of luck.

I was around these guys everyday and it would have been very unprofessional of me to bother them for an autograph or a photo. But when I caught them at the right time I got something a lot better like a real conversation. One to One. That was better that a pic or signed piece of paper.

peace,

HGZ

i agree again, sounds like crying over spilt milk to me, just my opinion tho.

There's still a lot of frustration and anger in Axl. His statement about Slash was so vindictive...

Maybe his projects didn't work out as he'd hoped.

Axl considers the fans as whipping boys on who he can take his anger out.

In his defence, I'd say that he's not the only celebrity who acts like that...

I understand peoples disappointment, but come on, this IS Axl we are talking about. Its like if CD doesnt get released this year, is it really going to surprise anyone??

I think its shitty but this is the Axl I have come to know, so it doesnt surprise me at all. I would think he would be a little better because this is his comeback, and people have been loyal to him, but at the end of the day this is Axl Rose, and by now everyone knows exactly how he is.

I catch your drift man. To be ignored by the great red headed one is the equivalent of a great memory. I think a lot of people agree with you dude.

Edited by HOOSIER GUNZ

I read maybe 3 posts from people who said he didnt say hello. For months previous to this we've had sightings where people said he was cool. we had pictures where he posed. we had pictures where he was signing autographs too. I really don't think its fair to consider what a few people said, and think thats the way he is all the time. Over at httgth, theres a thread right now where a fan saw him eating at a resturaunt and they said he was nice, thankful, and shook hand while he wsa eating.

Edited by bucketrod

i read that Fernando was pointing out FANS with cameras to get security on them. anyone throw some light on this? is this for real?

just wondering if this was of his own accord or Axl wanted this or whats the deal? i don think its unreasonable for fans to want to take pictures....

I'd like to think 4 warm-up shows in NYC are enough for fan appreciation. And it sounds like Axl put on one hell of a show. Hes a performer, not a fucking politician.

I really could care less how many autographs he signed, just as long as hes putting on a good show, and making albums.

I think Madison should shut her mouth, and stop trying to perpetuate these images of Axl. :fuckyou:

...Fernando? :huh:

I dont know who that is...but Ive read the security was bein' assholes..

Fernando is Beta's son.

He was at the shows, and I heard the same rumor that Alty did.

.. Ive read where a few people got kicked out..or something..

or they would of been kicked out if they diddnt hand over there cameras..

I also read they did some serious body searches..to see if you had anything on you before you went in..

Whats not fair..is the celebritys who got to go..were taken pictures like crazy..or so Ive heard..

J.Walker

True. There was a thread about this:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...71230&hl=camera

Guess there's one standard/attitude toward fickle "fair-weather" celebrity pals and another toward diehard fans. It's a shame.