Axl's attitude toward fans

madison

...Fernando? :huh:

I dont know who that is...but Ive read the security was bein' assholes..

Fernando is Beta's son.

He was at the shows, and I heard the same rumor that Alty did.

.. Ive read where a few people got kicked out..or something..

or they would of been kicked out if they diddnt hand over there cameras..

I also read they did some serious body searches..to see if you had anything on you before you went in..

Whats not fair..is the celebritys who got to go..were taken pictures like crazy..or so Ive heard..

J.Walker

True. There was a thread about this:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...71230&hl=camera

Guess there's one standard/attitude toward fickle "fair-weather" celebrity pals and another toward diehard fans. It's a shame.

Madison, can you please tell Merch about the security being an asshole to the die hard fans and tell him also that fernando guy to stop being such a dick to the die hard fans

who tries to get a little memory from the show by taking a shitty picture by a shitty mobilecamera. Maybe it's okay they do that, but then they should do it to the stupid celebritys also.

And the thing about the Axl not signing any autograph a guy write something here about that: http://www.celebheights.com/s/Axl-Rose-1189.html

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't this be about the music? Probably 99.9999999999999% of Rock Stars won't give a fan the time of day and I can remember when I was 16 years old waiting behind a venue for an autograph but now I guess to me it's about the music. Axl has been off the market for the better part of what, 20 years now? My guess is that he is probably more interested in getting this right this time so he can plug on and show anyone who had any doubts about his ability that they were wrong. This shouldn't be about a piece of paper with a signature.

I don't usually post however. STOP BEING SO RUDE! No one could be "on" at all times. The guy has people coming up to him at all times, chasing him down the street even after the concerts to find out where he is going or staying. It would get old! I am sure he doesn't "hate" his fans. But hell yeah, he probably gets sick of it and wants to just chill.

I was fridays show and was waiting for him to come out after and he didn't stop, but he did wave and give a shout out. The Sunday show he did scurry into the burban, but didn't do it in any more rude of a way then a normal person would. I did get the luxury to meet him on friday night.....actually saturday morning. He was VERY polite. We had some words, shook my hand and carried on.

What more could i ask for? People get greedy. He is a person. He looks larger than life up there on stage, but come on guys. He isn't a flippin politician. He doesn't have to give everyone the 5 star treatment!

The people here defending Axl and trying to come up with any excuse as to why he can't AT THE VERY LEAST give a quick wave to fans as he's running past them are ridiculous. What's the next excuse? Maybe Axl can't walk and wave at the same time?! :o

And the fact that people think it was a real treat during the show that he acknowledged 3,000 screaming diehard fans who paid to be there and stroke his ego , is pretty funny too.

The people here defending Axl and trying to come up with any excuse as to why he can't AT THE VERY LEAST give a quick wave to fans as he's running past them are ridiculous. What's the next excuse? Maybe Axl can't walk and wave at the same time?! :o

And the fact that people think it was a real treat during the show that he acknowledged 3,000 screaming diehard fans who paid to be there and stroke his ego , is pretty funny too.

I'm a huge fan of the guy,no doubt about it. But I do not agree with not acknowledging the fucking fans.

Edited by F*ck Fear

I'd like to think 4 warm-up shows in NYC are enough for fan appreciation. And it sounds like Axl put on one hell of a show. Hes a performer, not a fucking politician.

I really could care less how many autographs he signed, just as long as hes putting on a good show, and making albums.

I think Madison should shut her mouth, and stop trying to perpetuate these images of Axl. :fuckyou:

So you want people to stop telling the truth because the truth makes poor Axl look bad? The truth is that Axl does all this shit to himself. He's the only one responsible for his actions and behavior. He's not a savior, he's a slightly crazy human being that doesn't relate to people at all. His reputation is well earned...don't make excuses for him.

Madison, I applaud you for being strong enough to support Axl, yet still see him for what he is.

Me too!

Axl is a great artist but his relations have always been troubles

Let's face it, Axl's always treated the fans pretty shoddy.

And as encouraged as I was to hear some of the things he has been saying onstage (like actually thanking us for hanging in there this long) that goodwill was pretty much undone by hearing how he was offstage.

Then again, people who have run into him while he has been in NYC have been postiive, so who knows.

But I think we just have to accept Axl is never going to be Mr. Personable when it comes to fan interaction.

I don't know if anyone's said this already, sorry if they have...

I was at the stage door the last 2 nights and Axl did wave. It was breif, but he did, and on Monday he gave us the peace sign out the window as he drove away, but there were several people screaming at him agrily, shouting that he's lucky to still have fans, etc as he was leaving. I can understand their frustration - hell, I waited over an hour in the cold, too, but when you're rude about it, it sure doesn't seem like the way to win him over.

Ron was telling us not to yell at him on Monday. He was like "He needs to stay in the frame of mind he's in right now and there are always some people that want to ruin that. After it's happened so many times, he gets real warry of it, so give the guy a break. Know that he appreciates you guys a lot, he does, even if he doesn't stop."

I can understand this... I don't like it by any means, but I understand.

I don't know if anyone's said this already, sorry if they have...

I was at the stage door the last 2 nights and Axl did wave. It was breif, but he did, and on Monday he gave us the peace sign out the window as he drove away, but there were several people screaming at him agrily, shouting that he's lucky to still have fans, etc as he was leaving. I can understand their frustration - hell, I waited over an hour in the cold, too, but when you're rude about it, it sure doesn't seem like the way to win him over.

Ron was telling us not to yell at him on Monday. He was like "He needs to stay in the frame of mind he's in right now and there are always some people that want to ruin that. After it's happened so many times, he gets real warry of it, so give the guy a break. Know that he appreciates you guys a lot, he does, even if he doesn't stop."

I can understand this... I don't like it by any means, but I understand.

Looks like you're the only person who posts on a forum who actually saw "the wave".

I like how Bumble is giving deep insight on Axl already. How long has he known him?

Your guys should give a fuck about upseting Axl.He's a person.That has feeling.Why treating Axl so.You may great somelpace with him.

Huh? :question:

I wrote too fast. I meant too say after i wrote that Axl his feelings. I gruess i fucked up writting that.Sometimes i think too fast.And i know it.Who cares anyhow.I sure dont.

Looks like you're the only person who posts on a forum who actually saw "the wave".

Well, I was watching the stage door pretty intensely. lol and it's impossible that anyone missed his peace sign out the window while he drove away.

People are just bitter.

Your guys should give a fuck about upseting Axl.He's a person.That has feeling.Why treating Axl so.You may great somelpace with him.

Huh? :question:

I wrote too fast. I meant too say after i wrote that Axl his feelings. I gruess i fucked up writting that.Sometimes i think too fast.And i know it.Who cares anyhow.I sure dont.

Yep. Axl has feelings, and it doesn't look like he's very thick skinned. He's in a tough position, that's for sure. With some fans, he is in a no win situation. I just don't feel sorry for him because he created a lot of the issues that he's facing himself. With that being the case, he has to understand that he's alienated a huge portion of his fan base, and they are going to be unhappy with him. Some people he will never please, some people will be happy with him no matter what he did (or does), and other people (like myself) are still waiting for him to put an effort into appreciating his fans. There are a lot of things he could do/could have done to keep his fans happy...he chose not to bother.

He needs to go beyond the minimum if expects to win back fans.

When Axl talks to a crowd he sees it as this huge mass with no specific face in front of him. In a one-on-one situation I don't think he's nearly as comfortable, especially at playing Mr. Big Star. He's a great frontman and comfortable on stage but I suspect his true personality is that of an introvert. This is true of a lot of performers.....

Also, sometimes there are safety issues, sometimes there are schedule issues, and sometimes it's just too much to deal with (If I go over to that mob of people I'm going to have to say 'hello' 15 million times and sign a trillion autographs).

This time it was probably because he was hauling off to meet Baz for some Splenda!

:xmassrudolph:

Well, in the fan's defense... there haven't been a trillion people at the stage door, it's just a hand-full. And Baz didn't sign every single thing or talk to every single person, but he took a couple pictures, signed a few tickets (mine!) and no one criticized him for not getting to everyone. Most people thought it was cool to see him at all. So Axl doesn't NEED to sit out there for an hour, just 15 minutes of hey, how are ya, etc... but then again, still... can't make everyone happy, there would still be assholes and I'm sure he's tired. I'm not upset about it. I mean, of course I'd love to meet the guy, get an autograph or picture, but like someone said: He's a person, too. And I'm not one of those people that thinks he owes me something. He put on a great show and that's what I went there for.

Baz is fantastic with fans. An old drummer of mine back during the Skid Row days met him and he was very cool. The pal of mine was like 16-17 and looked like a robert Plant Afro on a Ronald McDonald head and a Gumby body.....really really shy too. But Baz was his favorite so he went out to meet him. Baz ends up keeping him around half the day telling people it's his brother and taking a TON of pictures with him. My friend ended up with a photo album half full of shots of him and Baz....this was at his prime too....to take that kind of time to give attention to some shy geeky kid that had never kissed a girl was mad crazy. My friend was shell shocked for sure. I don't know what happened to the guy after all these years but I can tell you, I'm sure he still has that album because it meant that much to him. I think Baz is a great talent with real heart. Go figure.

Edited by mcalldp

I continue to be floored! This isn't a Miss America pagent! We all didn't stick by him cause he had a rep for being such a sweet guy with an amazing personality. Hell No! We did cause his music made a connection on a personal level. (at least for me) It was what I needed back when I was 13. I loved his Fuck You attitude. He was saying what i wanted to say.

Why are some of you expecting so much? He put on some sick shows! It will make me coming back for more.

He is no ones Monkey! You can't ask people to be something they aren't. The guy is in his element on stage. Take him out of that, maybe he isn't comfortable. Whatever!

I dig the guy! Attitude or nice. I dig him.

I continue to be floored! This isn't a Miss America pagent! We all didn't stick by him cause he had a rep for being such a sweet guy with an amazing personality. Hell No! We did cause his music made a connection on a personal level. (at least for me) It was what I needed back when I was 13. I loved his Fuck You attitude. He was saying what i wanted to say.

Why are some of you expecting so much? He put on some sick shows! It will make me coming back for more.

He is no ones Monkey! You can't ask people to be something they aren't. The guy is in his element on stage. Take him out of that, maybe he isn't comfortable. Whatever!

I dig the guy! Attitude or nice. I dig him.

Axl is a sweet guy with an amazing personaltiy.

I read Madison's comments and it brings something to my mind.

I can recall a few months backs when all the people claiming to know Axl were saying how shy he was as a person and how he never wanted to be too surrounded and so on and so on...

I think here the people that post this kind of things are the same people that were saying what I wrote earlier and now simply because it happened to them, they feel bad. What they claimed to be true before maybe has simply been true for them on these shows. Axl "the great shy Axl" has simply acted the way everyone describes him and simply didn't want to be in the middle of everything.

On the other hand, when you re-launch your carreer (Sorry for the spelling, i don't remember how to write it) you have to know when to be "wanted", or "available" or "friendly" . I think it could also be part of a perspective (like marketing ) that AXL is everywhere and nowhere in the same time, so it creates more expectations.

Simple idea, it just what your posts have made me think. But of course, I could be wrong. I have no idea myself of who is Axl Rose.