Axl's attitude toward fans

madison

I was at the back door on sunday the 14th when axl arrived, my 9 year old son along with just a few (maybe 6) fans were there and he completely ignored all of them even his youngest fan, the guard at the back advised him not to be hurt if Axl didnt acknowledge him,, All i can say is Axl is a complete dickhead for that but for now we still like him and may be going to other concerts if he tours states again later. My son already knew he wasnt real appreciative of his fans,,maybe hes learning by seeing- a way to definitely not treat people who support you. But hey Axl Rose is Axl Rose.. whatever that is! But i did get a picture of him and yes the flash went off in his face!!!!!!!!:fuckyou:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people need to realise that its impossible for Axl to please everyone.

When the guy walks into a club, he immediatly gets mobbed by everyone, people he doesnt know, all coming up and telling him how good he his, trying to get their picture taken with him, everyone closing in, surrounding him, hundreds of voices all at once, when all the guy probably wants is to have a good time. Ask yourself what kind of a life is that. A life where you cant go anywhere and be ignored. I know people will come back with the "thats the price you pay for fame" arguement, but with Axl someone who is that much of a legend, that much of a sort of mythical person, who we all know reacts very inconsistantly, it must be very difficult.

You just have to know when to approach, time it right. I had the opportunity to speak to him after the show on the 15th, i waited until the mob had subsided, well actually Axl got out of it and was kind of standing on his own. I made my move and shook his hand, congratulated him on the show and then we talked a bit about the 2002 Leeds show and how they tried to kick him off for running over time, he laughed, it was cool, i didnt outstay my welcome so just said i was looking forward to hearing the album and then moved away. He was nothing but nice, but to other people, especially the typical drunk "dude you fucking rock, sweet child o mine man" he just kind of half smiled and looked annoyed. It got so bad in there that Axl ended up abandoning the people he was with and almost running out. He came back in later with 4 huge body gaurds who proceeded to move everyone along!

I think what your forgetting is that underneath the hysteria Axl is just a normal human being trying to get on in life.

Jonx

When the guy walks into a club, he immediatly gets mobbed by everyone, people he doesnt know, all coming up and telling him how good he his, trying to get their picture taken with him, everyone closing in, surrounding him, hundreds of voices all at once, when all the guy probably wants is to have a good time. Ask yourself what kind of a life is that. A life where you cant go anywhere and be ignored. I know people will come back with the "thats the price you pay for fame" arguement, but with Axl someone who is that much of a legend, that much of a sort of mythical person, who we all know reacts very inconsistantly, it must be very difficult.

You just have to know when to approach, time it right. I had the opportunity to speak to him after the show on the 15th, i waited until the mob had subsided, well actually Axl got out of it and was kind of standing on his own. I made my move and shook his hand, congratulated him on the show and then we talked a bit about the 2002 Leeds show and how they tried to kick him off for running over time, he laughed, it was cool, i didnt outstay my welcome so just said i was looking forward to hearing the album and then moved away. He was nothing but nice, but to other people, especially the typical drunk "dude you fucking rock, sweet child o mine man" he just kind of half smiled and looked annoyed. It got so bad in there that Axl ended up abandoning the people he was with and almost running out. He came back in later with 4 huge body gaurds who proceeded to move everyone along!

I think what your forgetting is that underneath the hysteria Axl is just a normal human being trying to get on in life.

Jonx [/quot right you are.Axl doesnt like a lot of people around him.He's shy.And he's very nice if its just one person by him.

Jonx

right you are.Axl doesnt like a lot of people around him.He's shy.And he's very nice if its just one person by him.

Exactly, i felt really sorry for the guy, he looked so uncomfortable when people were swamping him!

Jonx

Its Axl Rose, what do you expect from him? Hes said a lot of times, even in his lyrics (end of Patience), that he doesnt like being around a whole lot of people he doesn't know. Im sure, imagine the attention he must get.

Its Axl Rose, what do you expect from him? Hes said a lot of times, even in his lyrics (end of Patience), that he doesnt like being around a whole lot of people he doesn't know. Im sure, imagine the attention he must get.
Other then being on stage.It must be hard for Axl.I feel sorry for him.

Well, the point in making this thread was to make certain people aware that many diehard fans, who waited outside the venue for Axl, had posted stories about how disappointed they were when this happened to them. Perhaps Axl didn't even realize he was doing this or the impression it left on fans -- and maybe he'll wave or shake hands with fans in the future. Who knows. Guess time will tell.

I see the point exactly how he must feel when drunks and idiots swarm at him,,that did not happen, he could have at least threw up a hand, nodded his head, whatever, pretending that people dont even exist doesnt get it. I would ignore fucking obnoxious people too, but a kid, come on,,THERE IS NO EXCUSE. There was no mob waiting to attack him.. But we love you Axl..

Well, the point in making this thread was to make certain people aware that many diehard fans, who waited outside the venue for Axl, had posted stories about how disappointed they were when this happened to them. Perhaps Axl didn't even realize he was doing this or the impression it left on fans -- and maybe he'll wave or shake hands with fans in the future. Who knows. Guess time will tell.

Oh, I'm glad you started this thread.

I have long said that for Axl to really pull off this comeback, he is going to have to gladhand a bit. With press, with fans, with everyone. Even if its not exactly his favorite pastime.

Sadly, he is off to a bad start it seems.

Its one thing to be standoffish and a bit of a prick when you are on top of the world as he was in 1991. But times have changed and I don't know that approach flies anymore if this is going to work.

I always thought he had changed to a better guy after all these years...

I never did.

I hoped so, but knew it was unlikely. I just hoped he might se that he needs to go that extra mile these days, but it seems liek the same old Axl.

I noticed this stuff as well, as Ive been reading similar posts on other forums to...

I have to wonder...but..its Axl..

He hasnt changed..and maybe he's gotten worse over these long years..

but it would seeem..if the other band members were kind enough to acknowledge the fans...the ones that pretty much came to the show..for Axl..he could give em' a hello..and even jot down that lazy -AXL-..

Doesnt even need the whole W.Axl Rose...

Exactly.

This was the point I was making. And I have to admit I was surprised to read so many posts from fans who said he blew them off without even waving. I mean, he's going to need these same fans in his uphill battle to climb back onto the charts and make a comeback. *shrugs*

I think Axl could take a page from his pal Sebastian Bach - who has a reputation for being extremely friendly to fans who say "hello" - at least according to all of the posts I've read. And Baz is considered cool - so it's not as if Axl wouldn't be considered cool if he dropped the rude attitude.

yeah except for that poor girl he blasted with a wiskey bottle

He's a fucking lunatic...Bi- Polar 1.......just the thing you would expect from a guy like that......No big deal..........Axl has been cool to his fans before.....depend on what mood is in i guess......Why everything has to go further that the music itself......?!..........

LAVAL.

He's a fucking lunatic...Bi- Polar 1.......just the thing you would expect from a guy like that......No big deal..........Axl has been cool to his fans before.....depend on what mood is in i guess......Why everything has to go further that the music itself......?!..........

LAVAL.

Axl's not a lunatic.Yes he his Bipolar dessepion.Doesnt make him a lunatic.

I think I'm gonna go with what Bumblefoot was supposed to have said. Even though he has only known Axl for a few weeks, that's a few weeks longer than any of the analyzing people here have known him.

I'm not going to attempt to analyze his behavior. He could be a prick or he could just awkward with crowds of any kind. I dunno, just my two cents.

All Axl owes anyone is putting on a good show for those that paid for a ticket to see it. So what if he doesn't want to get his pic taken with a bunch of douchebags hanging out in the alley after a show or sign something for some fanboy stalking him out at a club? Celebrities don't owe the public anything but putting on a good show when paid to do so. Maybe some celebs are cool with mingling, if some aren't, that's their right. People expect waaay too much nowadays.

It may seem very rude and cold but that's what Axl does and i know he could easily get away with 10 or 15 years ago because he was on top of the world but he will always be like that. Axl has always stated ever since he and GN'R were first starting out was that you get what you see from him and to be over friendly for the sake of it is just not Axl and too fake for Axl to do in my opinion. I don't mind the brush off's as long as the show kicks fucking ass rock3

yeah...feedback is always appreciated..

yeah...feedback is always appreciated..

Well, it seems sometimes it is and sometimes it isn't. :book:

I stand by the thread though. If fans are unhappy and there's a simple way to address it - such as a wave or a handshake - I don't see why certain people wouldn't want to know about it. *shrugs*

..miss madison..

..it was not a fuckin' ironic answer...

..it IS appreciated..

..perhaps he was in a hurry..or got some bad news..even private or behind material or somethin'...i think he gave a lot of autographs..and yeah also if you try to do your best..u can not avoid such incidents...

Edited by sixtus

His attitude toward fans is well, umm... a joke? It's always like, "Guns N' Roses fans can hold their breathes longer than David Blaine" and just jokes. Not friendly ones though. He's not the type who will sit at a table and sign copies of his new album. But whoever heard a good attitude recluse? But I like Axl like that. I wouldn't like him to walk around smiling and sighning autographs and doing tonnes of interviews and cameos and special appearences. Or maybe I would? :unsure:

All Axl owes anyone is putting on a good show for those that paid for a ticket to see it. So what if he doesn't want to get his pic taken with a bunch of douchebags hanging out in the alley after a show or sign something for some fanboy stalking him out at a club? Celebrities don't owe the public anything but putting on a good show when paid to do so. Maybe some celebs are cool with mingling, if some aren't, that's their right. People expect waaay too much nowadays.

No one was stalking the sonofabitch, and if you consider a 9 year old who loves axl rose a" fanboy " then you got a major fucking problem! Some people are suck dickhead motherfuckers that eat so much shit there brains are fuckin mush!

I heard the same thing fom a few fans at Mustang Harry's. One fan said there were about 7 of them waiting and every member of the band stopped except for Axl who just walked by and got into his own limo that was twice the size of the limos for the other guys. Stuff like this leads me to belive that no matter how tight and how great they sound(and they sounded fucking amazing) this is not a true band. And Axl's attitude towards the fan seems to be par for the course. He expects us to support him but really doesn't give any of us a true reason to believe he cares about the fans. Actions like snubbing fans who just want to say hi and maybe get an autograph make his "Thank You's" to the fans durirng the show seem empty and insincere.

as long as he shows the fans an awesome time during the concerts...which apparently is the case...i'm good to go. Wasn't it you Madison who said he looked happy, making jokes, slappin people's hands while rockin out.. and all that crazy stuff?

I think maybe people take it to personally. I agree that Axl should say a thank you, but according to some he did wave to his fans and did the peace sign etc.

Also I don't know Axl, none of us do, but I think when you been out of the public eye for a while and come back and you have fans wanting autographs and stuff, it's kinda hard to deal with that when Axl kept to himself for many years.