Axl's attitude toward fans

madison

In 2002, I saw Axl and his whole entourage at an after hours lounge here the day before the concert. No one could get to him because he had an entourage of yes men etc. around him at all times. Fans wanted to say hi and stuff but no one ven got close, except for some big titted blondes.

Axl is a prick and always has been. We're talking about the guy who has caused multiple riots at several shows for some stupid petty bullshit. He doesn't care about you. Never has, never will. Just make sure to by his record to help finance his rich spoiled ass, and to always swing from his nuts... we don't want him to lose his prima donna attiude now, do we?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't it you Madison who said he looked happy, making jokes, slappin people's hands while rockin out.. and all that crazy stuff?

That's just a part of the show!

What happens down of the stage is what u have to consider and I've read of a few lucky people who met a cool, nice Axl and of a lot of people disappointed because of his behaviour ...

What I want to say is that we're all here so it means we all accept him for what he is......... Axl gives us so much of himself in his songs that for us it's enough?

Maybe

Wasn't it you Madison who said he looked happy, making jokes, slappin people's hands while rockin out.. and all that crazy stuff?

That's just a part of the show!

What happens down of the stage is what u have to consider and I've read of a few lucky people who met a cool, nice Axl and of a lot of people disappointed because of his behaviour ...

What I want to say is that we're all here so it means we all accept him for what he is......... Axl gives us so much of himself in his songs that for us it's enough?

Maybe

Who knows man...I tend to not worry about such things...i'd rather have an interactive Axl on stage than one that is not...even if that crucifies some fans chance at an autograph

I've been reading a number of posts on different GNR forums about people's experiences when they saw Axl either outside the venue (on his way out) or at backstage parties, and was surprised to hear how unfriendly he seemed to some of them.

For example, a number of fans have talked about waiting outside the venue doors for an autograph - and how all the band members - except Axl - had no trouble stopping - even for a couple of minutes to sign an autograph and say "hello." Yet, every account said Axl just pushed his way past them to get to his car without so much as a wave to the fans who were waiting for him. Not cool. In another instance, a guy at htgth talked about simply saying "hello" to Axl at a backstage party, and how Axl didn't even acknowledge him. I mean - really - how tough is it to say "hello" back to a fan?

I would have expected this from him - say - 15 years ago when GNR was on top of the world, and he could be as rude as he wanted to people. But that was then - and this is now, and I guess I'm surprised that he isn't a bit more humbled and - dare I say - respectful toward the diehard fans who have stuck with him all these years.

Anyway, just wondering what people think of this.

It's such a bad idea on his part to start pulling this bullshit toward fans, if it's true. This isnt 1988 and people don't respond to that type of rockstar attitude anymore for the most part. every crowd he disrepects is a crowd who will download instead of buy his album

He seems to be taking an agressive posture toward fans who are coming out to support him. Maybe he thinks that they are waiting to throw slash in his face or the past or something. He's treating us with suspicion rather than with love.

If you ask me, we, fans of Axl should be getting alot of love from this guy right now, gratitiude for supporting him. I'm not feeling that and from what i'm reading alot of people are feeling the same vibe.

every crowd he disrepects is a crowd who will download instead of buy his album

This is something I didn't think about, cute! :-)

He seems to be taking an agressive posture toward fans who are coming out to support him. Maybe he thinks that they are waiting to throw slash in his face or the past or something. He's treating us with suspicion rather than with love.

Personally I'd love to throw SLASH in his face but I guess I wouldn't ... maybe Axl is just insicure and sensitive that's why he runs away

If you ask me, we, fans of Axl should be getting alot of love from this guy right now, gratitiude for supporting him. I'm not feeling that and from what i'm reading alot of people are feeling the same vibe.

For sure Axl deserves a lot to die hard fans who stuck with him for all this time (me from the very beginning) but maybe he feels that's how it is just because he is too good! :-)

To not sign autographs, shake hands, chit-chat, take pix, is completely normal. We all know that Axl is not a people person. 1 autograph will end up equaling 50 autographs. The next thing you know is that you are delayed by an hour for doing this. I don't have a problem with this.

What I do have a problem with is, the story that I read somewhere on this topic that somebody said HI to Axl and he just walked by. That's fucked up right there. And I really don't care if this was 15 years ago. YOU HAVE TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT. Just say "What's up??" Acting all high and mighty is bullshit.

fuckin newbie

Get off my nuts dude. That's the second topic in 10 minutes that you've followed me on to do what you call "online flirting". Sorry dude, I'm not interested, I'm not a homo. So go call up your little circle of nerds up to your dorm room and do what you do. Quit following me all over this fucking board and keep trying to get my attention by replying to everything I post.

SEE YA!!!!

BYE BYE!!!

B-GONE!!!!!

Edited by da_illest_in_402

I'm glad Axl is acting like a rockstar. Traveling in a bigger limo then everyone else and ignoring the fans. Frankly I would be dissapointed if he came out after the show smiling and signing autographs. Axl's always been a dick to the fans and that's part of his appeal. If you want to follow a band that treats their fans with respect go follow Pearl Jam. Axl should be judged by what he does on stage and that is his entire appeal for me. I could give a fuck about meeting him or the band after the gig. I went to Stitch and drank after Friday nights show. Everybody is such a starfucker in this day an age. Enjoy the music and be thankful that Axl is once again performing. Leave Axl alone after the shows so he can be free to go out and drink Red Bull and Vodka and fuck supermodels.

Edited by Matty Boy

I'm glad Axl is acting like a rockstar. Traveling in a bigger limo then everyone else and ignoring the fans. Frankly I would be dissapointed if he came out after the show smiling and signing autographs. Axl's always been a dick to the fans and that's part of his appeal. If you want to follow a band that treats their fans with respect go follow Pearl Jam. Axl should be judged by what he does on stage and that is his entire appeal for me. I could give a fuck about meeting him or the band after the gig. I went to Stitch and drank after Friday nights show. Everybody is such a starfucker in this day an age. Enjoy the music and be thankful that Axl is once again performing. Leave Axl alone after the shows so he can be free to go out and drink Red Bull and Vodka and fuck supermodels.

I haven't read this entire thread. I just wanted to say I agree with your take. In some maybe twisted way, I enjoy him behaving like this. He shouldn't be as gracious as some celebrities are. He's Axl fucking Rose, not Nick Lachey or something! He can do whatever the hell he wants! That said, I probably wouldn't approach him. It would really suck if a guy you idolize blows you off like that. It would be hard to look at him in the same light. But you know going in that that is a likely outcome. Still, it would shake you up a bit. Axl seems more approachable when he's out of the spotlight, like in Malibu or when he's out on the town. Fans generally can talk to him for a bit and he's accomodating. Perhaps it's when he's all riled up before or after a gig that he's a bit stand-offish.

But his behaviour towards his own fans shouldn't be surprising, right? I mean, we just got through like a two year drought of news. This is a man with no qualms about keeping us in the dark about an album for years on end. I think he does appreciate us though. He just has a funny way of showing it. He will occasionally let us know his appreciation, then likes to watch us suffer for a long while, and then reaches out to us again in some way. Are any of us gonna figure him out? No, never, so don't bother puting too much thought into it.

he desn't have to sign autographs,He can be a rockstar in big limos and such, but disrespecting your fans isn't being a rockstar. Some of you may like being shit on, but your in the minority. Axl is going to find his paying fanbase shrinking if these comments are true.

This is not axl bashing, I'm just pointing out what should be obvious to any thinking person.

After a 15 year layoff, no contact with fans over the years, still no info on release dates of music, fans have been very forgiving and paitent al things considered. Axl should show some gratitude to the people wh support his whims because he needs his fans to buy his work and support his tour, be a dick after your album goes platinum otherwise itll go wood.

And dudes, Axl wasn't always a dick like you peopleare saying. In the past he's been cool and respectfulto fans more often than not, he was a dick to people that werent fans

Edited by Nightcrawler

Signing autographs and chatting to fans is not part of Axl's job description. Releasing Chinese Democracy and rocking like a crazy muthafucker is what Axl's job is. Beyong that he should be Drinking Red Bull and Vodka and fucking supermodels.

Edited by Matty Boy

he desn't have to sign autographs,He can be a rockstar in big limos and such, but disrespecting your fans isn't being a rockstar. Some of you may like being shit on, but your in the minority. Axl is going to find his paying fanbase shrinking if these comments are true.

This is not axl bashing, I'm just pointing out what should be obvious to any thinking person.

After a 15 year layoff, no contact with fans over the years, still no info on release dates of music, fans have been very forgiving and paitent al things considered. Axl should show some gratitude to the people wh support his whims because he needs his fans to buy his work and support his tour, be a dick after your album goes platinum otherwise itll go wood.

And dudes, Axl wasn't always a dick like you peopleare saying. In the past he's been cool and respectfulto fans more often than not, he was a dick to people that werent fans

he has been grateful, he thanked his fans.

He doesn't HAVE TO do anything at all, he doesn't owe us an authograph or a smile, he can live his own life and make his choices about it of course, but it's so nice when u meet your long time hero and he is nice with u!!!!!!!!!!!

It happened to me with SLASH and I'm sure i'll never forget..................... :wub:

I repeat!!!!!!!!! Axl Rose owes the general public absolutely nothing!!!!!!!!!!! All he owes anyone is a decent show once they pay for a ticket. Trust me, if you had done as many lines as him, douchebags after a show would the biggest grandparent moment!!!!!!!!!!!! unless your some 20 something with fake tits, know your role, go to the show & be happy. Get your own life. He isn't some baseball player fulfilling a shoe contract, he's a rockstar!!!!!!!!! Doesn't anyone know what that means anymore????????????????????

the problem with gnr fans is that........ each one of us die hard fans expet! and want axl's attention say if we see him!, and if he doesn't!.....people get shitty! start crying because they didn't get what they wanted!, axl didn't say he was going to stop out side and sign things and have a nice long chat !, axl makes music! we buy music! we enjoy music!........anything after that is a bonus!, we all can't get attention from the main man!.

dead flower! fans like you should dig your own grave and rid the world of your stupidity!.

the problem with gnr fans is that........ each one of us die hard fans expet! and want axl's attention say if we see him!, and if he doesn't!.....people get shitty! start crying because they didn't get what they wanted!, axl didn't say he was going to stop out side and sign things and have a nice long chat !, axl makes music! we buy music! we enjoy music!........anything after that is a bonus!, we all can't get attention from the main man!.

dead flower! fans like you should dig your own grave and rid the world of your stupidity!.

well said, I agree

It does not look like Axl rude against those fans

axl27mr5ac.jpg

There is alot of fans who behave stupid when they meet a star, i think Axl is a nice guy if you behave nice to him.

As Axl´s biggest fan, I wouldn´t expect anything else but Axl being rude to the fans. This is Axl fuckin Rose, he can do whatever he want....not that I think he´s always rude as some of you suggest...get real. Axl Rose rocks, city of New York fucks..

Edited by Roses eats Lions