Axl's attitude toward fans

madison

HA! These pictures will hopefully shut everyone up!

Everyone has moments, when they feel nice and then.....not so much. The guy is human, and quite obviously a nice one indeed! Lets end this "he waved at me he didn't wave at me bullshit" This pic is worth a thousand words. END OF STORY .....HOPEFULLY!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not look like Axl rude against those fans

axl27mr5ac.jpg

There is alot of fans who behave stupid when they meet a star, i think Axl is a nice guy if you behave nice to him.

This is awesome. See? He's not having to spend all night with these fans. He's not having to invite them back to his hotel for Splenda. He's not having to father anyone's baby. He just has to take a few minutes after the show to appreciate his fans. Considering how much shit Axl's gonna face in the press, he's gonna need the loyal fans on his side. This small gesture of his means the fuckin' world to his long time fans. I'm glad they got to have a cool moment with the world's greatest rock star.

After seeing this and hearing about Izzy and Kid Rock and Baz all jamming with him last night, I'm finally starting to feel good about Axl again. I hope he can keep it up.

axl is saying to the fans "don't 1 of u ask me about reunion gigs when i got this mf of a light sabre in my hand or i'll chop your freaking heads off" sorry in advance me being silly :P

Cudos to Madison for starting this thread.

Axl can be an ass, no news there.

Maybe he heard, and is making an effort to at least acknowledge people standing around just trying to get a glimpse of him.

I personally wouldnt bother, Ive seen him in action.

As far as Im concerned as long as he starts making music he can stick his handshake up his ass,

Im good to go

Edited by shades

Like many people have already noted, Axl is Axl and he will always be Axl. It doesn't really matter if he has to fight an uphill battle against anything. I don't believe he is the kind of person to change his personality according to his circumstances or even conform to any standard or norm. He does things only his way and that's evident from the way he has organized this whole project. In many ways, it's understandable how some people can come to see him as an asshole. If I was waiting outside to see the man and he blew me off I'd be hella pissed, too.

After being such a die-hard fan and reading so many things about the guy, though, I've made an effort to understand him. Understanding doesn't necessarily mean all of his actions are faultless, it's just a way to try and acknowledge where the guy is coming from. Let's face it, the man is a headcase and he'll be the first to admit it. His perception of various things is likely to be different than most peoples'. Despite his bad-ass persona, I think most fans have already figured out how sensitive Axl is. He doesn't act like an asshole for the sake of pissing random people off. His reactions are a direct response to external stimuli that he perceives as threatening. You could say it's paranoia or something, but that's his reality. He's in his own world, his own ozone layer, just like you and I.

If he ignores certain people or blows them off, it could be for various reasons that we don't understand. Maybe he's dealing with certain issues in his head at the moment, maybe he's in a pissed mood, maybe he just doesn't want to act all fake and nice to get himself over with the fans at that particular moment, maybe he doesn't appreciate the fans because he feels like we don't really appreciate or understand him. Who really knows?

He is also known to have a very sweet side. When he spent time in Rio during 2001 he was said to have sat down with a group of fan-girls talking friendly with them for hours. I also recall reading quite a few accounts from various fans over the years who have encountered the man and have nothing but nice things to say. I remember something a while back where Axl invited disabled childrens groups to his mansion, which was lavishly decorated for Halloween, with a whole theme park set up in the backyard. A woman who had been invited, along with her daughter, put up a website about the visit and it was one of the most heartfelt things I've ever read.

Sure, maybe he could be nicer or more lenient sometimes, but I've always seen Axl as a "you-take-what-you-can-get" kinda guy. I'm a big fan of his, but I wouldn't expect much from him if I met him in person. I personally wouldn't even want to meet any of my favourite rockstars or media personalities because it wouldn't do anything for me. After all, you're just another fan in their eyes. They don't know you and you probably don't really know them. Any sort of perception you have of them from your 10-second encounter is probably a misrepresentative analysis of their true personality. On top of that, I wouldn't ever want someone I respect to look at me and think to himself, "oh, there's another one." That's just how I feel.

I'm not a fan of the man because I expect him to be perfect. As long as he's dishing out the goods i.e. making music, performing, I'll be here for support. I respect his musical integrity above all and that's what matters the most. I also think Axl's appeal would diminish if he started being all fan-friendly, updating his personal blog and shit. Even though we're left in the dark and pissed off most of the time, we really know how to appreciate things when they hit us with the good stuff. We're never fully gratified and I think that's what keeps us coming back for more.

That kinda doesn't make sense on the "who's waiting outback for Axl",cause the majority of the fans or people at the backdoor,are gonna be the ones who just attended the show.And those people have been patted down and cameras and phones taken away or told to be put away somewhere.So I don't buy that"who's waiting out back",cause if you can't get a camera or phone in,although some have lol.How the hell ya gonna get a gun or knife or whatever in?Unless Axl really can't fight or something,which I doubt. :rofl-lol:

Maybe he doesn't want to be hassled with reunion questions and shit.Sooner or later someone is bound to say something along the lines of......."This is great..........BUT it would be a hell of a lot better if the old guys could get back together".And knowing Axl,he would probably punch whoever would say it.And maybe Axl knows it would piss him off and he doesn't want to take the chances.

Who the fuck knows,it's Axl. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Maybe he is only nice to females with huge breasts?

to respond to your gun or knife thing dont know if you know who the band pantera is but remember dimebag from pantera? if not well when pantera went there seperate ways some sick fuck went to a show where dimebag was at and jumped on stage and shot dimebag 5 times in the head killing him in front of everybody.the reason he killed him was because the sick fuck thought dimebag was the reason pantera split up.so i do believe axl has every right to be cautious when he is performing and especially when he is leaving the performance

Edited by jane

Like many people have already noted, Axl is Axl and he will always be Axl. It doesn't really matter if he has to fight an uphill battle against anything. I don't believe he is the kind of person to change his personality according to his circumstances or even conform to any standard or norm. He does things only his way and that's evident from the way he has organized this whole project. In many ways, it's understandable how some people can come to see him as an asshole. If I was waiting outside to see the man and he blew me off I'd be hella pissed, too.

After being such a die-hard fan and reading so many things about the guy, though, I've made an effort to understand him. Understanding doesn't necessarily mean all of his actions are faultless, it's just a way to try and acknowledge where the guy is coming from. Let's face it, the man is a headcase and he'll be the first to admit it. His perception of various things is likely to be different than most peoples'. Despite his bad-ass persona, I think most fans have already figured out how sensitive Axl is. He doesn't act like an asshole for the sake of pissing random people off. His reactions are a direct response to external stimuli that he perceives as threatening. You could say it's paranoia or something, but that's his reality. He's in his own world, his own ozone layer, just like you and I.

If he ignores certain people or blows them off, it could be for various reasons that we don't understand. Maybe he's dealing with certain issues in his head at the moment, maybe he's in a pissed mood, maybe he just doesn't want to act all fake and nice to get himself over with the fans at that particular moment, maybe he doesn't appreciate the fans because he feels like we don't really appreciate or understand him. Who really knows?

He is also known to have a very sweet side. When he spent time in Rio during 2001 he was said to have sat down with a group of fan-girls talking friendly with them for hours. I also recall reading quite a few accounts from various fans over the years who have encountered the man and have nothing but nice things to say. I remember something a while back where Axl invited disabled childrens groups to his mansion, which was lavishly decorated for Halloween, with a whole theme park set up in the backyard. A woman who had been invited, along with her daughter, put up a website about the visit and it was one of the most heartfelt things I've ever read.

Sure, maybe he could be nicer or more lenient sometimes, but I've always seen Axl as a "you-take-what-you-can-get" kinda guy. I'm a big fan of his, but I wouldn't expect much from him if I met him in person. I personally wouldn't even want to meet any of my favourite rockstars or media personalities because it wouldn't do anything for me. After all, you're just another fan in their eyes. They don't know you and you probably don't really know them. Any sort of perception you have of them from your 10-second encounter is probably a misrepresentative analysis of their true personality. On top of that, I wouldn't ever want someone I respect to look at me and think to himself, "oh, there's another one." That's just how I feel.

I'm not a fan of the man because I expect him to be perfect. As long as he's dishing out the goods i.e. making music, performing, I'll be here for support. I respect his musical integrity above all and that's what matters the most. I also think Axl's appeal would diminish if he started being all fan-friendly, updating his personal blog and shit. Even though we're left in the dark and pissed off most of the time, we really know how to appreciate things when they hit us with the good stuff. We're never fully gratified and I think that's what keeps us coming back for more.

Thanks, i enjoyed reading this and it actually made me think about it differently. A lot of things posted on here dont make much sense to me, but this did. I know he is a very complex man but I just couldnt understand how he could not acknowledge a little boy standing for hours just to see him, but if it made him feel better about himself to go into crowd the next night and look better, so be it.

Thanks, i enjoyed reading this and it actually made me think about it differently. A lot of things posted on here dont make much sense to me, but this did. I know he is a very complex man but I just couldnt understand how he could not acknowledge a little boy standing for hours just to see him, but if it made him feel better about himself to go into crowd the next night and look better, so be it.

I dont think that Axl was out too hurt a little boy.Axl has so much gonna on right now.That he wasnt thinking of your little boy.Mayble in a other place a other time.Axl would of spoken too him.

I've been reading a number of posts on different GNR forums about people's experiences when they saw Axl either outside the venue (on his way out) or at backstage parties, and was surprised to hear how unfriendly he seemed to some of them.

For example, a number of fans have talked about waiting outside the venue doors for an autograph - and how all the band members - except Axl - had no trouble stopping - even for a couple of minutes to sign an autograph and say "hello." Yet, every account said Axl just pushed his way past them to get to his car without so much as a wave to the fans who were waiting for him. Not cool. In another instance, a guy at htgth talked about simply saying "hello" to Axl at a backstage party, and how Axl didn't even acknowledge him. I mean - really - how tough is it to say "hello" back to a fan?

I would have expected this from him - say - 15 years ago when GNR was on top of the world, and he could be as rude as he wanted to people. But that was then - and this is now, and I guess I'm surprised that he isn't a bit more humbled and - dare I say - respectful toward the diehard fans who have stuck with him all these years.

Anyway, just wondering what people think of this.

He has taken a lot of time to allow fan pictures with him. If you weigh it, he's probably done more nice things than not. It has to be a little bit balanced, because what people can't have they want all the more. If he set up an autograph booth 24/7 for a month no one would give a shit about the guy anymore, but if he remain inigmatic and untouchable, people will flock to get a piece of the action. It sustains a sense of "rarity". I think he handles it well.

~M

Edited by MetaSouL

I noticed this stuff as well, as Ive been reading similar posts on other forums to...

I have to wonder...but..its Axl..

He hasnt changed..and maybe he's gotten worse over these long years..

but it would seeem..if the other band members were kind enough to acknowledge the fans...the ones that pretty much came to the show..for Axl..he could give em' a hello..and even jot down that lazy -AXL-..

Doesnt even need the whole W.Axl Rose...

Exactly.

This was the point I was making. And I have to admit I was surprised to read so many posts from fans who said he blew them off without even waving. I mean, he's going to need these same fans in his uphill battle to climb back onto the charts and make a comeback. *shrugs*

I think Axl could take a page from his pal Sebastian Bach - who has a reputation for being extremely friendly to fans who say "hello" - at least according to all of the posts I've read. And Baz is considered cool - so it's not as if Axl wouldn't be considered cool if he dropped the rude attitude.

Jesus... Let's say, for arguments sake that you have heard from 50 dissappointed fans... There must have been at least 15,000 fans on all of the shows? That's 14,950 fans who doesn't feel "hurt" by Axl....

There's no chance in hell that Axl will be able to please every single little fan. Boo fucking hoo, I say.

Some of you people are over-reacting and taking things too personal. Give the guy a break!

I dont think he is as an ass as some people say. He´s not in a boy band and he´s always been this way. And that doesn´t mean he doesn´t give a fuck about his fans, he is grateful in his own way, not the way people want.

We´ve heard lots of stories of people who met him telling how nice he is, we´ve seen him posing with fans... and now all of a sudden he is the devil :rolleyes: .

Nobody puts you a gun in the head to force you to support him, you do it because you want not because you expect something in exchange.Or at least that´s how I see it. Of course I would feel disappointed if I was in a situation like that but hey, he doesn´t have any kind of obligation towards me.

You people are so naive. If stars like Axl stopped and said hello and signed autographs, shook hands and kissed babies every time someone wanted them to they would never do anything else. The band members stopped because they're not famous, it's a big deal to them.

Just because that moment is important to you, doesn't mean it is to the celebrity. When people actually do have interactions with Axl, I believe most have said he's cordial.

You people are so naive. If stars like Axl stopped and said hello and signed autographs, shook hands and kissed babies every time someone wanted them to they would never do anything else. The band members stopped because they're not famous, it's a big deal to them.

Just because that moment is important to you, doesn't mean it is to the celebrity. When people actually do have interactions with Axl, I believe most have said he's cordial.

It's comments like this that are totally missing the point. Nobody's complainging that Axl hasn't given up every free moment of his life to have BBQ's with every single person who bought one of his records. Nobody's suggested that fans should have the right to accost him where ever he goes, at any time.

All anybody's saying is that when Axl passes a small group of his most dedicated fans as he leaves a concert, that he make a gesture of appreciation. As we've already noted, Bax managed to do it. I've been to plenty of concerts where the artists say hi to their biggest fans on the way out. Actually, most. None of those artists were going out of their way or enduring some form of torture. It's just customary. You walk past the fans, you show a little love. But not Axl. Because Axl only loves himself and his exgirlfriend's son.

im with you. except that last part :huh: ....but up til there.

although he seems to have done this last night.

some sort of acknowledgement, a handshake or something is all.

at the same time i agree with Mama Kin:

It may seem very rude and cold but that's what Axl does and i know he could easily get away with 10 or 15 years ago because he was on top of the world but he will always be like that. Axl has always stated ever since he and GN'R were first starting out was that you get what you see from him and to be over friendly for the sake of it is just not Axl and too fake for Axl to do in my opinion. I don't mind the brush off's as long as the show kicks fucking ass

also, people get pissed and think Axl treats fans like shit. i think he just doesnt treat us different than he would any other person, which is a pretty down to earth approach.

but he's been on stage again, he's touring, album is set for "fall". things are going good and im just grateful for that. ^_^

Edited by alternative_ulster

It's comments like this that are totally missing the point. Nobody's complainging that Axl hasn't given up every free moment of his life to have BBQ's with every single person who bought one of his records. Nobody's suggested that fans should have the right to accost him where ever he goes, at any time.

All anybody's saying is that when Axl passes a small group of his most dedicated fans as he leaves a concert, that he make a gesture of appreciation. As we've already noted, Bax managed to do it. I've been to plenty of concerts where the artists say hi to their biggest fans on the way out. Actually, most. None of those artists were going out of their way or enduring some form of torture. It's just customary. You walk past the fans, you show a little love. But not Axl. Because Axl only loves himself and his exgirlfriend's son.

Very well said, no one wants to bother Axl or take up any of his time, it takes NO time at all to nod. I think his manager is a dickhead, the guard at the hammerstein said axl's manager took a pen and paper out of axl's hand and threw it down as to not let him sign an authgraph,and i know this person and absolutely believe him. I guess 2 assholes together and your out of luck. Guys dont act like you never had a mama!

I've been reading a number of posts on different GNR forums about people's experiences when they saw Axl either outside the venue (on his way out) or at backstage parties, and was surprised to hear how unfriendly he seemed to some of them.

For example, a number of fans have talked about waiting outside the venue doors for an autograph - and how all the band members - except Axl - had no trouble stopping - even for a couple of minutes to sign an autograph and say "hello." Yet, every account said Axl just pushed his way past them to get to his car without so much as a wave to the fans who were waiting for him. Not cool. In another instance, a guy at htgth talked about simply saying "hello" to Axl at a backstage party, and how Axl didn't even acknowledge him. I mean - really - how tough is it to say "hello" back to a fan?

I would have expected this from him - say - 15 years ago when GNR was on top of the world, and he could be as rude as he wanted to people. But that was then - and this is now, and I guess I'm surprised that he isn't a bit more humbled and - dare I say - respectful toward the diehard fans who have stuck with him all these years.

Anyway, just wondering what people think of this.

Ok i wasn't at the show. Having said that I read in forums too that Axl was cool with fans at least inside the venue during the shows, making eye contact and shaking fans hands.

Wasn't he shaking fans hands in the pictures where he is holding the lightsaber?

I met Axl years ago and in my experience he was very cool with fans at that particular time. I did get an autograph and so did other fans who were there with me at that time. And we were a whole bunch of fans

Axl considers the fans as whipping boys on who he can take his anger out.

for one who claims to be a fan, judging from 95% of your posts, you seem to have more anger and bitterness towards axl than a jelaous ex-girlfriend. pathetic.

Because we love him so much we can say good and bad!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

He is so cool and sweet sometimes but he is a dick some others............

Axl considers the fans as whipping boys on who he can take his anger out.

for one who claims to be a fan, judging from 95% of your posts, you seem to have more anger and bitterness towards axl than a jelaous ex-girlfriend. pathetic.

Because we love him so much we can say good and bad!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

He is so cool and sweet sometimes but he is a dick some others............

WOOOW, I'M SAVING THIS ONE, THIS IS THE 1ST GOOD COMMENT ON AXL THAT YOU'VE MADE

For the most part i've heard generally positive comments abot Axl and the fans. But i'm sure theirs a lot of fans who don't get what they want, whether it's an autograph or a conversation. I think thats totally normal though, I mean you can't please everyone. :unsure:

But yeah I did read those comments about how he just walked by all the fans to his car after the shows in NYC and the other band members stopped and signed stuff etc.

Baz was talking about Axl on Vh1's Top 20 Countdown the other day and he said "Axl is one of the nicest, genuine people i've ever met and he is just a great person to be around" (or somethin like that)...but I kinda rolled my eyes when he said "..and he treats his fans with tremendous respect".

:rolleyes:

I've said it around here for some time, Axl is simply an asshole. Everyone knows I'm a big Axl fan so I'm not bashing him as a cupcake would, I'm just giving you my honest opinion: he's an ass. I do believe that he deals with a lot of shit in his head though and that he has, as we all know, some sort of psychological problems he deals with. So in that regard I have compassion for him because it's a thing he can't necessarily control. I think along with his reported bi-polar disorder condition that he also has some social anxiety disorder, which I myself have and having this condition I know what it can be like when you are the focus of attention and what it is like when you are self concious in social settings. One minute you seem like as normal as the next guy then the next minute you do wierd shit. It makes you think wierd shit and makes you do wierd shit. In small social settings or one on one settings it's easier for me to deal but when pressured or in big social settings when there is potential for me to receive attention I get anxiety and then can do wierd shit. There are endless things I see in Axl and his actions that I see in myself. Most people would describe me as being one of the most genuine people they know that in turn can be the biggest asshole they know. Anyway, I have compassion for him but it's hard not to say he's an asshole.

Edited by Old School

I've said it around here for some time, Axl is simply an asshole. Everyone knows I'm a big Axl fan so I'm not bashing him as a cupcake would, I'm just giving you my honest opinion: he's an ass. I do believe that he deals with a lot of shit in his head though and that he has, as we all know, some sort of psychological problems he deals with. So in that regard I have compassion for him because it's a thing he can't necessarily control. I think along with his reported bi-polar disorder condition that he also has some social anxiety disorder, which I myself have and having this condition I know what it can be like when you are the focus of attention and what it is like when you are self concious in social settings. One minute you seem like as normal as the next guy then the next minute you do wierd shit. It makes you think wierd shit and makes you do wierd shit. In small social settings or one on one settings it's easier for me to deal but when pressured or in big social settings when there is potential for me to receive attention I get anxiety and then can do wierd shit. There are endless things I see in Axl and his actions that I see in myself. Most people would describe me as being one of the most genuine people they know that in turn can be the biggest asshole they know. Anyway, I have compassion for him but it's hard not to say he's an asshole.

then how come everyone who meets him always say how sweet and down to earth and nice he is? fuck you, hater. you don't mean anything.

Thank you for this!

I guess u're very right, Axl has psycological problems and I guess we all know it, and I guess that's the reason why we still love him after all the bullshit he has done in years!

Because he can be genuine and sweet ... but i think it is really hard to deal with him!