Three Album Plan

New Rose90

In 02 Axl said that they were planning on recording for three albums and releaseing three or something like that. So i was just wondering if this is still the case. It would suck really bad if GNR returned with a successfull tour and album after many years away, and then just disband and Axl goes back into hiding once again. So do you guys think the 3 album plan is still on?

In 02 Axl said that they were planning on recording for three albums and releaseing three or something like that. So i was just wondering if this is still the case. It would suck really bad if GNR returned with a successfull tour and album after many years away, and then just disband and Axl goes back into hiding once again. So do you guys think the 3 album plan is still on?

I think that the concept is still on but knowing Axl's past actions I really doubt it will be a new albume every year with touring between. I think we'll see longer stretches between the albums and touring....that's another topic because I can't see Axl singing with this voice at 50-55 years old. It's anyone's guess really.

I think that the concept is still on but knowing Axl's past actions I really doubt it will be a new albume every year with touring between. I think we'll see longer stretches between the albums and touring....that's another topic because I can't see Axl singing with this voice at 50-55 years old. It's anyone's guess really.

I cant see them releaseing three albums in three consecutive years. Even if there were 2 or 3 year stretches between each album then that is just what is expected. I think if Axl looks after his voice then he will still be able to sing pretty good. When he was in his 20's did you really think he would still sound good when he was 44? :)

I would love it if this band just stuck around and really made a mark by releasing a few albums. Itw ould definately make up for this long wait for CD.

I think the 3 album boast was just Axl talking out his ass, trying to justify all the time and money he's wasted. I'm sure over the last 14 years he's written enough stuff to full three albums. Hell, in 14 years anyone could do that. But how much of it's any good? That's another story.

Consider the NYC shows. For all his bragging about all the tons of great new songs he's got ready, they only played the same songs we've been hearing for a long time now. The emperor has no clothes.

IRS, Better and TWAT were all played in 02?

I think the 3 album boast was just Axl talking out his ass, trying to justify all the time and money he's wasted. I'm sure over the last 14 years he's written enough stuff to full three albums. Hell, in 14 years anyone could do that. But how much of it's any good? That's another story.

Consider the NYC shows. For all his bragging about all the tons of great new songs he's got ready, they only played the same songs we've been hearing for a long time now. The emperor has no clothes.

no he means songs like AFD

You know what I mean. Madagascar and the Blues and CD were. TWAT, Better and IRS are the leaks that Axl supposedly knows nothing about. What a coinsidence that they're the only songs he plays live. Guess what? This is the best Axl's got to offer. If you're happy, great.

I think Madagascar and IRS are awful. I think the Blues is OK, but I've never heard Axl sing it and actually hit the notes. TWAT has cool parts but it goes on forever. Better is a good song. I've waited this long for one halfway decent song? GUNS N' ROSES IS BACK, BABY!

Well thats just your own little opinion. Its people like you who really fuck me off. IF you dont like the GNR lineup and their new songs then just fuck off onto the other forum and talk about the good ol AFD and UYI days. I think the new songs are really great and the whole bands performance of the old songs is better than ever. So yeah asshole GNR REALLY ARE BACK BABY!!

No, he said:

For all his bragging about all the tons of great new songs he's got ready, they only played the same songs we've been hearing for a long time now. The emperor has no clothes.

That is not a comment about AFD songs, it's about new material.

So he played 3 new songs in 02, now he's playing 6 new songs. He's doubled the amount of new material in the set. that's hardly "only played the same songs".

No, he said:

For all his bragging about all the tons of great new songs he's got ready, they only played the same songs we've been hearing for a long time now. The emperor has no clothes.

That is not a comment about AFD songs, it's about new material.

So he played 3 new songs in 02, now he's playing 6 new songs. He's doubled the amount of new material in the set. that's hardly "only played the same songs".

Even so, 3 "new" songs in 4 years isn't really a good ratio. If the new music is that good and these guys are that tight a unit, why aren't we hearing more? They could mix 8 new songs in with the classics and put on a great show if the new songs were strong enough.

It's quite likely this is the best he has to offer...to some people that's good enough, to others it isn't. I haven't heard any of them except a demo of better and I think it was TWAT's demo - I've only heard each once and feel they both showed promise. I want to hear CD before judging Axl's new music.

Even so, 3 "new" songs in 4 years isn't really a good ratio. If the new music is that good and these guys are that tight a unit, why aren't we hearing more? They could mix 8 new songs in with the classics and put on a great show if the new songs were strong enough.

It's quite likely this is the best he has to offer...to some people that's good enough, to others it isn't. I haven't heard any of them except a demo of better and I think it was TWAT's demo - I've only heard each once and feel they both showed promise. I want to hear CD before judging Axl's new music.

I'm not suggesting that it is a good ratio. I was just pointing out that he has not just been playing the same songs that we've been hearing for some time now. Arguably he's now including half the CD in the set list and I think we both know that many artists these days don't play an ENTIRE CD of new material, even after release, when they know that the fans also want to hear the older stuff too.

I think the song Chinese Democracy blows to be honest, but it's still there and being played. He's playing new stuff (CD, Blues, Madagascar) and newer stuff (IRS, TWAT and Better).

Keep in mind, out of all these songs, with most of them near completion...The best ones are going to be picked for CD. the following two will be the CD leftovers. I don't think they are going to pick a couple of the best abd put filler on CD just to save some of the big guns for the other albums. There may be three albums worth of material but the best of that will be on CD. Let's hope it's fantstic because if not then the next two could be dogs.

The only thing I can agree with is that these new songs are not AFD or UYI quality. That does not mean they suck. Please tell me what is better? What's out there right now that is better??? Tell me because I want to know. Because I can't finding anything better. Maybe you think Brinteny Spears or Maroon 50 is better? Or are you still mesmerized by the last Motley Crew album?

Edited by smokingarthur

The only thing I can agree with is that these new songs are not AFD or UYI quality. That does not mean they suck. Please tell me what is better? What's out there right now that is better??? Tell me because I want to know. Because I can't finding anything better. Maybe you think Brinteny Spears or Maroon 50 is better? Or are you still mesmerized by the last Motley Crew album?

What a sad excuse. Of course there is better music out there, don't be lazy, search for it. One of my personal favorites is The Mars Volta.

I saw Maroon 5 before anybody knew who they were. If you get away from the sappy love songs that made the light rock stations, they aren't too bad - I came away impressed with them considering nobody knew who they were at the time. Take that for what it's worth though...the same concert had Sugar Ray (I love Mean Machine by them) and Matchbox Twenty (who's best songs are the ones that were never released), so some would question my taste in music anyway.

I can't help it...I like a variety of styles of music by a variety of types of artists - one of the reasons it humors me when people call me narrow minded. Stubborn maybe. <_<

Edited by hartjh14

Sorry, but you are by far in the minority on this opinion....The two main problems are:

#1, we dont have studio versions....and #2, we havent had the studio versions pounded

out on the radio for years to really appreciate them.

If we judged ballads like SCOM, NR, and Patience based on there live perfomances, we'd

say they were mediocre too....(Ive heard so many piss poor live versions of SCOM

I cringe when they play it)

The Blues will certainly be a better song then Patience, Estranged, Dont Cry...

No doubt the studio version will put the live version to shame..

Im not a huge fan of TWAT, but then again Im not a huge fan of Estranged, but I

think TWAT is on par with Estranged....Certainly will make a good video, but

nothing special in the long run.

CD is very mediocre...certainly better than some of the fillers on UYI...Very little

potential with this song.

IRS is better than CD..frankly not sure about this song..catchy chorus.

Need to hear a studio version.

Better...very cliche song...certainly nothing as unique as WTTJ, Paradise City...But

Ill rank it as good a song as YCBM and Civil War.

Madagascar...I doubt it makes the cut for a single/video..Some people love it,

some hate it, some think its quite mediocre like myself (I love the MLK speech,

as it builds energy for a nice ending)...Easily would be an avg song on UYI.

CITR...unique, great melody at the end...Nothing to really compare this song too..

Not gritty enough to make the cut on Appetite...certainly would be a top 10 song

if it were on the Illusions.

Not Appetite or UYI quality is a very premature statement...No way you'll be

saying this 5 years down the road.

Edited by DaNutz

Here's a novel concept : Why do you think that those songs are the best he's got? Honestly, I'm sure he's got much better songs but they just haven't leaked yet. CITR, the Blues, and Better are three songs that HAVE been worth the wait. :)

I was actually a little pissed when I heard it will just be one album to start

I'm ready to buy a 3 disc set and obsess over it for the next 15 years - no problem

Maybe he just thinks they'll be creating more tunes over the next few years and does'nt want to close the door on the Chinese Democracy Legend all at once

I was actually a little pissed when I heard it will just be one album to start

I'm ready to buy a 3 disc set and obsess over it for the next 15 years - no problem

Maybe he just thinks they'll be creating more tunes over the next few years and does'nt want to close the door on the Chinese Democracy Legend all at once

exactly what i was thinking.

more logical than putting on a wait for 10 years and releasing everything just to start all over again.