why didn't he play estranged or civil war

gunsnrosesrfreak

estranged n civil war are two of my favorite live songs,

if axl's got the rasp back,and if he is confident with this new band.

then why cant he play these songs,im sure they wud get a great response,

dont see the point in stickin to almost the same set list as of 2002-with the exception of the new songs.

disuss please..

Axl said :

He don't play this songs without Slash

BS.

He said he won't do certain old songs because he feels they don't fit himself now, but he said that could change in the near future and would still play them.

I am hardly a "the sky is falling without Slash" guy, but even I must admit 'Estranged' seems pretty hard to picture without him.

Some songs are just too distinct. Look at VR. Sure, they play some GNR. But they don't try something 'Welcome To The Jungle' for instance because you can't do that one without Axl.

I see this as sort of the same thing. Slash is such a big part of 'Estranged', might not be the best idea without him.

Axl said :

He don't play this songs without Slash

BS.

He said he won't do certain old songs because he feels they don't fit himself now, but he said that could change in the near future and would still play them.

if he really said that thats really cool. I can understand that he won't play them whitout the old band. and that is really a sign of respect for the originals from him if he do that.

But still. those two are 'bout my favourite GnR songs all time and I would love to see them live in Stockholm (as I have tickets for that show).

..mh...i of course like the AFD stuff..but to be honest i am more in the UYI shit..and of course the new songs..

..i am 2 fuckin' afraid..we won't hear a lot of UYI songs..except uncle axls personal babe..like NR...

I guess they play more songs from Appetite because thats what they know. Remember Axl had the new band learn Appetite to show them what was being asked of them or something, can't remember the quote.

Monty

I wanna listen "dont damn me" played live!!!!!!!!

yah...and Bad Obsession..

J.Walker

Even more important than these is that Axl plays GET IN THE RING and SHOTGUN BLUES. :)

3 out of these four have NEVER been played live.

Bit of a longshot.

If the guys can play Slash's parts in November Rain ( or try ) , then Estranged should'nt be buried into obsurity. That is one song that I know would bring the fucking house down if he whipped it out.

Civil War he may be avoiding because of the fact that it does sound a little too relevant to what's going on today, and maybe he wants to stay away from the whole polical thing

The fact that Bumblefoot just joined up may be the reason too. He probably has jammed to the songs we've heard thus far, and will keep it that way untill they go overseas maybe

I wanna listen "dont damn me" played live!!!!!!!!

yah...and Bad Obsession..

J.Walker

Even more important than these is that Axl plays GET IN THE RING and SHOTGUN BLUES. :)

3 out of these four have NEVER been played live.

Bit of a longshot.

I know, just fuckin around, although I don't know why Don't Damn Me never was. Hell for that matter Shotgun Blues either.

I am hardly a "the sky is falling without Slash" guy, but even I must admit 'Estranged' seems pretty hard to picture without him.

Some songs are just too distinct. Look at VR. Sure, they play some GNR. But they don't try something 'Welcome To The Jungle' for instance because you can't do that one without Axl.

I see this as sort of the same thing. Slash is such a big part of 'Estranged', might not be the best idea without him.

That hasn't stopped him from playing November Rain or SCOM. People will ALWAYS associate those songs with Slash.

Edited by OTHAFA

That hasn't stopped him from playing November Rain or SCOM. People will ALWAYS associate those songs with Slash.

Exactly! How do you hear SCOM and not picture that fucking MTV video of Slash plugging in and jamming?