From what we've heard, do you think Chinese Democracy will be well recieved?

paulkwalton

I agree with the most of you. Most of the newer stuff isn't earth shocking, its good but to my humble opinion CD still needs a couple of really great tunes. Nothing to do with disliking the new band, i think they are great.

And I'm sure that the studio versions of both TWAT and the Blues are gonna be in the Estranged and November Rain kinda regions. But I'm also pretty sure that the new single's gonna be an awesome track that we haven't heard yet. This because the record company will use and need this element of suprise in these digital days without a live version of the the song being all over the internet four months before releasing it. As for sales figures i think that the album will sell 2 a 3 milion easily just alone on the name and the long wait. What happens after that will depend on the succes of the singles and the album.

I dont care how it will be received by the sheep hooray for tolerance!s or moronic old guns crowd who live in the past. Im gonna listen to it and if I like it, I back Axl 100%....if I dont like it, I will move on.......the end.

I dont care how it will be received by the sheep hooray for tolerance!s or moronic old guns crowd who live in the past. Im gonna listen to it and if I like it, I back Axl 100%....if I dont like it, I will move on.......the end.

Don't you find it weird that you have to insult and put down EVERYONE who doesn't agree with your 200% commitment to Axl Rose.

That's a bit unhealthy, 'cuz you're gonna be angry at a lot of people.

i think it'll be very well received. i know quite a few people who have heard the new songs and prefer them to the old stuff. people who wouldnt have considered themselves fans until they heard the new material.

i think the majority of fans will like it, though there will probably be those few narrowminded fans that wont like it because Slash isnt there or because "the sound isnt gnr". and of course the critics who'll focus more on the amount of time taken to make it than the actual music.

it goes without saying that it will sell well but im not sure its going to change the face of rock n roll or that Guns n Roses will be as big as they were, not these days.

it'll be huge for fans anyway and well recieved in the rock world, just outside of that....im not sure it will make much of an impression. i mean i dont think it will, really i dont know, this kind of music isnt what the mainstream are into.

i listened to TWAT for the first time today (yes im weak, i know) and.....if the rest of the songs going on the record are that good? then fuck everything i said above, this could win alot of new fans. it would be interesting to see a rock album go to number one. one question though:

How would you feel if the album was a hit, not just in the rock world, and was really well recieved by the mainstream? people who aren't or weren't into rock music sporting Guns n Roses t-shirts. i was having a discussion about this today just, the other person said they would hate that, i dont see it as a bad thing, it would be nice for people to be listening to real music instead of the same generic, corporate shite.

its hard to judge....the record could be very different from what people think it is.

will just have to wait and see.

I love the chorus of Better - so catchy. And the verses are beautiful.

Anyways, I still love Madagascar and The Blues after 5 years, and currently still love all the leaks...

You never know in today's world, but I think it'll be a great sucess...

This is a thread for opinions...just that.

Each one has its own and who ever wants to give it..just gives it, right?

So here's mine :P

I feel there's passion missing in the new songs, not only regarding the lyrics but mainly on the music.

But like some of you said before, these are demo live versions, and demos always get rearranged, in this case for better i hope.

Axl has done and can do better, and i'm sure he will, but it's also up to the other guys to put their souls into it, otherwise it won't work....it's a band.

So the album's release will be amazingly welcomed and hit the top chart but...if the songs don't work that will be a disaster.

I'm positive that GNR knows what's expected of them, so it makes it even harder to come up with inspiration... however i know that they will make it if they put their heads togheter.

That's was what the former band did...until a certain point.

And touring is great for new ideas! :rolleyes:

Let's hold our breath and keep our fingers crossed for the Boys... rock3

Edited by Draa

From what I've heard, none of the material is truly great. I really like "Chinese Democracy", and it sounded great at the Hammerstein show on the 14th (I think I was the only one singing along to it :rofl-lol: ). Still, there are supposedly three discs worth of music and we've heard what, 6 or 7 leaks?

It all depends on whether or not Axl is holding back the really great material. If what I've heard so far is the best of the album, then no, I don't think it will be well received. It would probably end up a less successful (and good) version of UYI.

From what I've heard, none of the material is truly great. I really like "Chinese Democracy", and it sounded great at the Hammerstein show on the 14th (I think I was the only one singing along to it :rofl-lol: ). Still, there are supposedly three discs worth of music and we've heard what, 6 or 7 leaks?

It all depends on whether or not Axl is holding back the really great material. If what I've heard so far is the best of the album, then no, I don't think it will be well received. It would probably end up a less successful (and good) version of UYI.

As long as C.D. has a few hits on it, it will be considered a success. Personally, I can hear "The Blues" on the radio right now. I believe "Better" has a shot at a hit as well. We will just have to wait and see. Predictions are merely that. I do believe though, Axl can bring rock back to the top again. Only time will tell. None of us have heard all the recorded material yet. There is quite potentially music that will blow our minds!

Edited by RAGE

After hearing the new version of Chinese Democracy, I'm convinced it's a great choice for a single - Maybe not a lead-off one, as I'm sure the band has something "big" that we haven't heard yet - But definitely has potential. I really haven't liked the song in the past, but the '06 version is a danceable, rocking tune.

As for the album's success - I think it'll do great. As long as he makes the right single choices (no Madagascar or TWAT... love the songs, but they aren't single material), it's all wrapped up.

After hearing the new version of Chinese Democracy, I'm convinced it's a great choice for a single - Maybe not a lead-off one, as I'm sure the band has something "big" that we haven't heard yet - But definitely has potential. I really haven't liked the song in the past, but the '06 version is a danceable, rocking tune.

As for the album's success - I think it'll do great. As long as he makes the right single choices (no Madagascar or TWAT... love the songs, but they aren't single material), it's all wrapped up.

I think there's no doubt CD would sell good but my question is...........would it be a restart for GnR or the last seller?

I guess that was the sence of the topic, we've seen that nowdays GnR name can still get a lot..........