GUNS N' ROSES PIONEER TICKETLESS CONCERT

artfromtex

GUNS N' ROSES PIONEER TICKETLESS CONCERT

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)

2006-05-18 18:53:54 -

Print article Print article

Refer this article Refer to a friend

US rockers GUNS N' ROSES are set to break new ground by performing the world's first ticketless gig, at London's Hammersmith Apollo next month (JUN06).

Fans will be able to take advantage of new technology which allows them to purchase tickets

via their mobile phones, and receive text message barcodes which are scanned on entry to the gig.

The NOVEMBER RAIN hitmakers will play at the Apollo on 7 June (06) to warm up for their headline performance at this year's Download Festival at Donington Park on the 11 June.

Californian rockers AVENGED SEVENFOLD will join AXL ROSE and his crew at the London gig.

The new ticket-selling technology goes live tomorrow morning (19MAY06) at 9am (GMT).

http://www.pr-inside.com/guns-n-roses-pion...ncert-r5554.htm

Edited by artfromtex

No one in the UK has a cell phone.

Mobile phones, however, are given out at birth. If you don't have one, you must be an asylum seeker or a vagrant, or live 'off the grid' in which case you wouldn't buy a ticket anyway.

Sounds like a cool idea, but it seems very open to fraud. But if it were lock-tight it would make transferring tickets an expensive business as you would have to trade a mobile phone instead of a piece of paper.

i don't think i'd like that for a number of reasons. one being i like to save my ticket stubs as a souvenir. another one being, what if that text message accidently got deleted? what if my phone fucked up on me while i'm in line, my battery goes dead, then i can't get in? yeah, i don't like that idea at all. i'll stick to regular tickets.

i don't think i'd like that for a number of reasons. one being i like to save my ticket stubs as a souvenir. another one being, what if that text message accidently got deleted? what if my phone fucked up on me while i'm in line, my battery goes dead, then i can't get in? yeah, i don't like that idea at all. i'll stick to regular tickets.

I agree mate,What a fucked up idea,Ground breakin-More like a load of bollox.

And im against mobile phones anyway-I dont have one anymore.

As has been pointed out it's just an option.

I chose hard copy tickets as appossed to electronic bullshit - too much can go wrong with mobile tickets and i want the ticket for a souvenir.

Im just happy i got tickets and GOAB gets to rock the fuck out - though i feel a small ammount of sympathy for those not going - but i'll get over it :rofl-lol:

Can Hammersmith and Download handle GOAB?

I fucking doubt it :)

As has been pointed out it's just an option.

I chose hard copy tickets as appossed to electronic bullshit - too much can go wrong with mobile tickets and i want the ticket for a souvenir.

Im just happy i got tickets and GOAB gets to rock the fuck out - though i feel a small ammount of sympathy for those not going - but i'll get over it :rofl-lol:

Can Hammersmith and Download handle GOAB?

I fucking doubt it :)

Hey GOAB/All

Where can i get tickets for H Apollo?

Have a good un GOAB!!

Edited by johnyd473

I ordered via the presale on Wednesday. I opted for seated tickets (as they'd be actually delivered!) and everything seemed to go through OK but my bank card hasnt been charged! Has anyone else not been charged or can I presume somethings fucked up?

This is badly written BS put out by a moron.

There have been ticketless gigs here where i am in Reading (berkshire) for ages, one club does all their gigs as ticketless.

All you do is go on the internet, book, and then you bring ID with you, and they check your name against a list . There is a website which runs loads of gigs like this (etickets i think it's called).

Also, the GNR gig is NOT ticketless, I chose the option of getting a ticket sent to me!

G

This is badly written BS put out by a moron.

There have been ticketless gigs here where i am in Reading (berkshire) for ages, one club does all their gigs as ticketless.

All you do is go on the internet, book, and then you bring ID with you, and they check your name against a list . There is a website which runs loads of gigs like this (etickets i think it's called).

Also, the GNR gig is NOT ticketless, I chose the option of getting a ticket sent to me!

G

Maybe they meant this is the world's first ticketless 100+ crowd gig? ;)

Seriously, it could be first ticketless at Hammersmith Apollo or first time with this technology....

I agree mate,What a fucked up idea,Ground breakin-More like a load of bollox.

And im against mobile phones anyway-I dont have one anymore.

agreed, shit idea !

I would rather have a paper ticket that way I could add it to my wall poster of all the concerts I have been too. Wireless devices and cell phones tend to be unreliable still- would rather have the memories on the paper