How nice of a guy is Ron Thal??

fishyguy

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/i...p?topic=30313.0

"Wed was the only day i didnt have a ticket for, thats when my money ran out. But i couldnt just not go at all, atleast i should dress up and hang out infront, maybe i'll get a really good deal from a scalper.

I got there around 9:00 and nobody was selling, there were dozens of people looking to buy tix, so i was screwed. I decided to go to the back and check out the band members entering. so i go there and there were a few cool people who were testing me on GNR trivia, and then I see to my far left...

Bumblefoot, I just walked right over to him and started talking, he rembered my because a few days ago I myspaced him and also posted a comment on his wall, he even rembered my name!!! Bumblefoot is the nicest guy ever, and i've never heard a more Brooklyn accent than from him, and i asked him some questions

1)How did you come up with that name?

He said he was looking up disieses with his wife and came across bumblefoot and couldnt believe how stupid that name is, so thats what he named his band "biggest mistake of my life" he joked

2) any connection with the name Buckethead?

Nope

3) there are rumors that you are only in this band temporarly for this tour is that true?

We'll see, it all depends what happens

4) Whats Axl's deal, really?

He's the nicest, most down to earth guy in the world

then i asked if its at all possible he could just let me inside, i told him how i spent all my money on the first 3 shows and didnt have anyleft for tonight's, i'm in college its hard to get that much money.

He came back in about 2 minutes with a ticket and said enjoy, and i flipped out and gave him a huge hug

BUMBLEFOOT FUCKIN RULES!!!!!

I got in, got a great spot and and this was the best show af all 4 nights

IZZY STRADLIN came on stage and they played think about you!!!, he was there for patience an nightrain too, during the concert Axl joked "hmm maybe i should put out an album"

After the show which didnt end till 2 am so i missed the last train to jersey, i went to the back again

Izzy already left, Bumblefoot came out and started talking too EVERYBODY!! for like 2 hours he was signingevrything taking tons of pics and just talking, than Sebastian bach came out evrybody cheered and he pointed at me with his light saber and said "your a crazy motherfucker"

Axl came out later with his light saber and he shook all of our hands and left, that was really cool, i heard he never does that

I also got Brains drum tix

Best show ever, every night just got better and better" - by IFINGLOVEVR

How many band members do you know would do that!!

Edited by fishyguy

Ron seems like the person that could be the spokesman for GNR to the fans . He seems to really enjoy interacting with the fans and that is cool since Axl seems to hate it . I'm happy he's in the band ,Buckethead was too much of a freak and I'm glad GNR is no longer a circus.

"Wed was the only day i didnt have a ticket for, thats when my money ran out. But i couldnt just not go at all, atleast i should dress up and hang out infront, maybe i'll get a really good deal from a scalper.

I got there around 9:00 and nobody was selling, there were dozens of people looking to buy tix, so i was screwed. I decided to go to the back and check out the band members entering. so i go there and there were a few cool people who were testing me on GNR trivia, and then I see to my far left...

Bumblefoot, I just walked right over to him and started talking, he rembered my because a few days ago I myspaced him and also posted a comment on his wall, he even rembered my name!!! Bumblefoot is the nicest guy ever, and i've never heard a more Brooklyn accent than from him, and i asked him some questions

He said he was looking up disieses with his wife and came across bumblefoot and couldnt believe how stupid that name is, so thats what he named his band "biggest mistake of my life" he joked

Nope

3) there are rumors that you are only in this band temporarly for this tour is that true?

then i asked if its at all possible he could just let me inside, i told him how i spent all my money on the first 3 shows and didnt have anyleft for tonight's, i'm in college its hard to get that much money.

He came back in about 2 minutes with a ticket and said enjoy, and i flipped out and gave him a huge hug

IZZY STRADLIN came on stage and they played think about you!!!, he was there for patience an nightrain too, during the concert Axl joked "hmm maybe i should put out an album"

After the show which didnt end till 2 am so i missed the last train to jersey, i went to the back again

Izzy already left, Bumblefoot came out and started talking too EVERYBODY!! for like 2 hours he was signingevrything taking tons of pics and just talking, than Sebastian bach came out evrybody cheered and he pointed at me with his light saber and said "your a crazy motherfucker"

Axl came out later with his light saber and he shook all of our hands and left, that was really cool, i heard he never does that

lucky bitch... that would have to be one of the best nights of ur life?

This guy that I work with at Carrs... I mentioned him before because he was in a mag article with Buckethead back at the start of his career... had a correspondence with Ron when he was younger. Says he just mailed Ron with some questions about some stuff that Ron played, and ron mailed him back. He really likes Thal, thinks he's a great player, and a great guy for kinda teaching him some guitar stuff through mail correspondence.

Just saw Ben Litchman on Conan O'brien. He is a huge Bumblefoot fan and even took lessons with him and played live with him harmonizing guitar solos and stuff.

He sent his rendition of the Late Night theme and Conan just asked him to come and play it on the show.

Pretty cool week Ron it seems.

Edited by fishyguy

Nope

great dude ..just great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome story.

Ron rocks.

*And as a side note - it's cool to hear Axl was shaking hands after the show - as some of us here suggested. :book:

Heh :D He hates internet, but i'm sure he keeps up with what whe talk about :shades: