Checkmate Discussion Thread

Bucketslash

whelp, maybe this'll get show down like the 9 second citr discussion thread,but i hope not, seeing as we have a third of a minute

i think it sounds good, pretty rockin, got a little bit of an irs feel to it

brain's got kick assed drumming here

the rythm is tight,

the voice is fearful, maybe a tone fit?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can only assume it's real because all the links were removed right away. I think it sounds pretty rockin'. Nice fast rock song is needed I think. I ain't gonna lie 'Check Mate' is such a fuckin' cheesy title but if the song is great it doesn't matter.

I think Axl sounds good vocally, reminds me a wee bit of 'Locomotive'.

Edited by W. Axl Kev

We can only assume it's real because all the links were removed right away. I think it sounds pretty rockin'. Nice fast rock song is needed I think. I ain't gonna lie 'Check Mate' is such a fuckin' cheesy title but if the song is great it doesn't matter.

I think Axl sounds good vocally, reminds me a wee bit of 'Locomotive'.

thats not necessarily (Sp?) true. the this i love clip was removed right away as well. and im sure thats fake.

I do hope it is a new song though, its totally kick ass. perhaps we'll hear it at RIR?

Guest JohnUlmer
is it just my clip, or does everybody's say "did I mention...fuck you" in a british accent at the end of it?

That's RazZ (the DJ) of the radio station. Two clips exist, one with the "fuck you" and one without.

Sounds like Axl to me though. But I wouldn't be THAT surprised if it turns out to be a faker, because the other two are very fake. (I.R.S. and TWAT).

Sounds like Axl to me though. But I wouldn't be THAT surprised if it turns out to be a faker, because the other two are very fake. (I.R.S. and TWAT).

Hmm, well. Probloby the most stupid thing iv read on this forum. Anyway, at the very end of the clip, the voice dont remaind me about Axl in the 80s,90s or live era. Neither in 02 or in the leaks.

Im so sure its not Axl, but someone has a very likely voice, thats true

Guest JohnUlmer
Hmm, well. Probloby the most stupid thing iv read on this forum. Anyway, at the very end of the clip, the voice dont remaind me about Axl in the 80s,90s or live era. Neither in 02 or in the leaks.

Im so sure its not Axl, but someone has a very likely voice, thats true

No, the stupidest thing on this forum is you and your inane little posts.

How is what I wrote remotely stupid? It's an opinion - and one commonly shared here based on what other people are saying. You're one of the few to think it DOESN'T sound like Axl. I said it sounds like Axl, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's fake, and that the other two "new" remix songs -TWAT and I.R.S. (with its new reggae beat or whatever you want to call it) - were both created by taking the audio from the original files and adding some looped drums and musical patterns that are easily formed using something such as Cool Edit or Garage Band. The new versions of I.R.S. and TWAT are not real, they are fakes. Very obvious ones.

Edited by JohnUlmer

on htgth they are saying its freese drumming, no idea where they came up with that.

Definitely sounds more like Freese than Brain to me. But I'm no expert on drumming.

I think it's Axl's voice.

And what the fuck do you know the diffrence between Brain and Freese. And how could you figure that out by listning 15 seconds....this is fuckin stupid!

You dont know it, and stop spreading shit like that!

Guest JohnUlmer
on htgth they are saying its freese drumming, no idea where they came up with that.

Definitely sounds more like Freese than Brain to me. But I'm no expert on drumming.

I think it's Axl's voice.

And what the fuck do you know the diffrence between Brain and Freese. And how could you figure that out by listning 15 seconds....this is fuckin stupid!

You dont know it, and stop spreading shit like that!

Uh, this is a discussion board, is it not? You know, to discuss the music?

And if you didn't want to discuss this song at all, you shouldn't have clicked on the topic. I mean, it can't get any clearer than "CHECKMATE DISCUSSION THREAD." Did you open this expecting it to be a debate about something else?

You're a very angry and easily excitable person. I recommend treatment.

The point is: how can you figure out the diffrense in 18 seconds. I bet he dont know how Freese even drums.

And let hin tell us all: what is the big diffrent between Brain and Freese?It must be something very very diffrent since you can figure out that after a shitty 15 seconds clip!

This is horsehit!

Ulmer: go to bed and sleep. You need that now.. :rolleyes:

I think you're getting a bit worked up over nothing, precious. No one is saying they know for sure, but a bit of speculation never hurt anyone.

I've listened to a lot of Freese's work, so I've sort of got some idea of his style and sound. Haven't hear as much of Brain though, just some of his stuff with Tom Waits and the CD demos.

Who knows?

Edited by Dead Flower