What's the reason for a warm up show in the middle of a tour?

TheAlien

Yeah i was just wondering why are they doing a warm up show right in the middle of the european tour???

I'm not a musician so maybe I can't get the "obvious" reason???

Can anybody help?

Any musician in the forum? :unsure:

Are you talking about the Hammersmith gig cos if you are i don't care why i'm just glad its happening cos i'm gonna be there

Yeah i was just wondering why are they doing a warm up show right in the middle of the european tour???

I'm not a musician so maybe I can't get the "obvious" reason???

Can anybody help?

Any musician in the forum? :unsure:

Are you talking about the Hammersmith gig cos if you are i don't care why i'm just glad its happening cos i'm gonna be there

Hey first of all let me say it's so cute that you joined the forum on Axl's B-day!!!

And then Yes I'm talking about the Hammersmith Apollo, I'm from italy but I'll be there too... I guess it will be a blast and I can't wait...just wondering why did they name it a "warm up show" when they should be warm enough for that time... :huh:

Its classed as a warm up gig i guess because it is the final gig before the 2 Download gigs

Does it make any sense? :unsure:

Yeah cos it is the last chance to make sure they got everything right before the 2 big gigs

Yeah cos it is the last chance to make sure they got everything right before the 2 big gigs

Which 2 gigs ?

By the way, it would make sense if a different line-up from the one that we saw in NYC was going to play...

Dublin and Donnington

Which 2 gigs ?

By the way, it would make sense if a different line-up from the one that we saw in NYC was going to play...

That's exactly what I was thinking about!

Plus they're playing all big festivals in Europe....

Which 2 gigs ?

Let's wait and see... ;)

because normally if you play download you're not allowed to play any other gigs in the UK so by classing this as a WARM UP TO DOWNLOAD They have probably found a loophole so they can play!

LP

Which 2 gigs ?

Let's wait and see... ;)

you guys are so hopeful its pathetic. :rofl-lol:

Which 2 gigs ?

Dear god, Niveen why did you say that?!! lol. :rofl-lol:

I reckon they had such a blast in a smaller venue in NYC that they wanted to do it again, and Hammersmith Apollo is a good fuckin place to do it.

And I have the same opinion as gnr=axl, I'm gonna be there, so I dont care why they're doin it, I only care that they do it! rock3

Grimo.

Well the main reason for this "warm up" show is that so Clear Channel can make enough money, after the band have been paid, the crew paid, flights paid (band, crew and backline), hotels etc. etc. To pay all of that to get a band over for a festival would not be economic. For the £55 at download per day, that gets split between 20/30 bands, where as £37.50 for Hammersmith gets split between 2, with no need for the organisers to pay for portaloos, staging, camping etc. This is where the real money is. It is common practice for Clear Channel to stage "secret" or warm-up gigs before festivals in order to balance the books and make it even more attractive to agents and management.